THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Cook

The Gipper

Why not look at Connor Cook at perhaps #32. I mean, before the college season started he was considered perhaps the cream of the crop. I know he was not in for MSU in their biggest win.....but that is why his stock dropped.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1868391/connor-cook

I am not advocating him for #2, but with #32....if we could say, get Bosa there, he may be worth considering.

The one thing said about him is that he has an abrasive personality....so what? Sometimes that is leadership. If he works hard and learns the game he can be as abrasive as he wants if he wins.

Plus, he is from the area: Walsh Jesuit grad.

Not that being from the home town means anything....unless and until he actually becomes something....i.e a winner.

And that is all I care about....getting a winner. In that regard, his credibility is as good as any of these prospects.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It says perhaps that he didn't take any of their shit.

Again....are we looking for a choir boy...or a quarterback.

Not a choir boy. But a quarterback does have to lead and Cook seems like the opposite of a leader.

And I was all in on Cook going into this season. He's just kind of a dick who never turned the corner. He's a Brian Hoyer without the likability.

Awkward-silence-e1378058433778.jpg

---

Nah but in seriousness I think if we're going to draft a scrub then Cook is one of the better scrubs - but I mostly see him ending up like a Ryan Mallett.

Maybe....or maybe a Russell Wilson...3rd rounder.....or another 3rd rounder: Joe Montana.

Nothing is for sure....other than that with 2 years under his belt as MSU's starting QB he was rated perhaps the best in the college ranks.

Johnny come lately QBs, like Goff, Lynch...may also mean "Flash in the pan". Cook has a longer track record of success than those other QBs do.

For what that's worth.

If we're going to scrape the bottom of the barrel, let's at least go for Cardale or Hackenberg.

Well, I kind of put those guys together with Cook, sure. Its just, like I said, Cook had a longer period of success than those two...or at least Cardale.

So make this Camp Cook/Cardale/Hack.

My point is....I don't think we should take one of these so called higher rated QBs like lynch/goff/wentz...when we can take Bosa and when there are guys out there that actually accomplished more in their college careers than those three have.

Maybe....or maybe a Russell Wilson...3rd rounder.....or another 3rd rounder: Joe Montana.

Nothing is for sure....other than that with 2 years under his belt as MSU's starting QB he was rated perhaps the best in the college ranks.

Johnny come lately QBs, like Goff, Lynch...may also mean "Flash in the pan". Cook has a longer track record of success than those other QBs do.

For what that's worth.

He was he just never seemed to progress.

The character concerns are real for a lot of teams - but he isn't perfect otherwise. He gets rattled when he feels pressure and tends to sling it up off the back foot or with pure arm - similar to Johnny a bit in that regard.

Has potential, but I don't think he's much better of a prospect than a Hackenberg or a Cardale. (which I wouldn't spend #32 on)

Cook is an interesting choice, and I love the fact that we'd be able to spend the second pick on another impact player. Perhaps Bosa, Ramsey, or even trade down (a LITTLE). There are no perfect candidates this year, and anybody can pick apart one of these QB's if given an opportunity. I like the offense that Cook ran in college, and I believe he has potential. I'd be interested in knowing how our scout and talent gurus have the QB's evaluated when the draft comes. Obviously we'll never get that information, but it'd sure be cool.

Cook is an interesting choice, and I love the fact that we'd be able to spend the second pick on another impact player. Perhaps Bosa, Ramsey, or even trade down (a LITTLE). There are no perfect candidates this year, and anybody can pick apart one of these QB's if given an opportunity. I like the offense that Cook ran in college, and I believe he has potential. I'd be interested in knowing how our scout and talent gurus have the QB's evaluated when the draft comes. Obviously we'll never get that information, but it'd sure be cool.

I think there will be lots of information on these guys. But, again, here is my basic point: you can get a good QB in rounds 2 and 3.....in some years the better QBs came out of those rounds:

2012...Wilson, Foles, Cousins......better than all others except Luck

2011....Dalton, Kaepernick....but than others except Cam.

There is no Luck/Newton in this draft.

I think Hackenberg is better than Cook if we're talking later round pick. Hackenberg was a victim of coaching. Let's wait until the combine and pro days. We could be looking at someone completely different by then. I do know Lynch went to Haslam's party last Saturday but I doubt he gave them a work out.

He's not a leader, and makes up for that by not being accurate.

He's not worth drafting. His ceiling is Brian Hoyer.

That question can only be answered about 5 years from now......you may be right....but you may be wrong.

I for one am not going to rely on your opinion.

Not a choir boy. But a quarterback does have to lead and Cook seems like the opposite of a leader.

And I was all in on Cook going into this season. He's just kind of a dick who never turned the corner. He's a Brian Hoyer without the likability.

Yeah, you can find plenty of posts from yours truly where about half way into the season I was all aboard the Cook train. However, more and more information is coming out that his personality sucks and as a result no one wants him to lead. I can get over a douchey personality if he backs it up, but Cook is really hit or miss. Especially after that beat-down Alabama gave MSU, I went back and realized he isn't as good as it seems when you look at him at face value.

MSU QB's have decent success in the NFL though (Hoyer, Cousins, Stanton was even okay) and I do think he has the build you want. I think under the right system he could start and do decent things. He did also win a bunch in college too. I will disagree and say I like him more than Hackenburg just because Hackenburg is the definition of a statue in the pocket.

tumblr_inline_n4foafra0C1sew80h.jpg

And every other single person in the human race, except you.

I have to ask a question here: What is the psychology behind these posters that fall completely in love with unproven talent?

This guy with Goff. PoG with Trent and a couple of other guys.

I mean, its like they want to have their babies.

Where does that come from? What deep, dark, perverted personality flaw causes them to carry these torches?

I think Hackenberg is better than Cook if we're talking later round pick. Hackenberg was a victim of coaching. Let's wait until the combine and pro days. We could be looking at someone completely different by then. I do know Lynch went to Haslam's party last Saturday but I doubt he gave them a work out.

Sure, as I said, I am looking at someone who might be worth a shot as I think with #2 we should go defense.

In case anyone didn't watch the game yesterday: defense wins Championships.

But we do need a QB......and if someone decent may emerge in the 2d/3rd round, so be it for me.

And every other single person in the human race Wrong, except you.

I have to ask a question here: What is the psychology behind these posters that fall completely in love with unproven talent? Wrong

"What is the psychology behind these posters that completely love what we've tried in 2007, 2012, and 2014"

---

If we do take a lower guy - I think I prefer Hackenberg or Prescott.

"What is the psychology behind these posters that completely love what we've tried in 2007, 2012, and 2014"

---

If we do take a lower guy - I think I prefer Hackenberg or Prescott.

Name one other person that is cumming all over themselves the way you are about Goff.

And on what planet do you come to the conclusion that he is not unproven?

And who in fucking hell was ever in love with what we did in 2007/2012/2014? I know there were some Brady fags, and Johhny fags......and maybe you will end up just like them, a fag for a guy that does nothing if he comes here.

But, OK on Prescott. He intrigues me too. Call it Camp Cardale/Cook/Hackenberg/Prescott.

Name one other person that is cumming all over themselves the way you are about Goff.

And on what planet do you come to the conclusion that he is not unproven?

And who in fucking hell was ever in love with what we did in 2007/2012/2014? I know there were some Brady fags, and Johhny fags......and maybe you will end up just like them, a fag for a guy that does nothing if he comes here.

But, OK on Prescott. He intrigues me too. Call it Camp Cardale/Cook/Hackenberg/Prescott.

I'm intentionally exaggerating because it's fun, but I think we should take him and many people agree with me. Many people also grade him

He's not unproven because he started for 3 years in FBS?

2007/2012/2014 is just referring to drafting lower fringe-talent QBs that no other NFL team regards highly.

And Prescott is fine - but he needs a ton of work. But Cardale and Hackenberg are also huge projects in my opinion (more so than Cook, but with higher upside)

I'm intentionally exaggerating because it's fun, but I think we should take him and many people agree with me. Many people also grade him

He's not unproven because he started for 3 years in FBS?

He is unproven because he has never played a single game in the NFL. NO college QB is proven in my mind. (including Luck/Newton/Peyton/Elway until they played a while in the league. TOO MANY high first round picks have busted for me to say anyone who has not played is proven).

2007/2012/2014 is just referring to drafting lower fringe-talent QBs that no other NFL team regards highly.

Except, they did rate them highly.....they just busted out.

And Prescott is fine - but he needs a ton of work. But Cardale and Hackenberg are also huge projects in my opinion (more so than Cook, but with higher upside)

EVERY QB....including Lynch, Goff, Wentz and all these others are HUGE projects. That's a fact.

Well, I do think the Browns have more talent on this team than some people think, and I agree that the Browns have not had the coaches to bring out that talent.

And I don't think they are far off with that talent to be a competitor for the playoffs. A few good pieces and competent coaches would certainly help....and lets hope we got....or are going to get those.

Of course, I am not going to go as far off the rails as you are. I don't think there is anything wrong with the town....just the organization.

And we shall see if all these recent changes will turn things around. Hopefully.

He is unproven because he has never played a single game in the NFL. NO college QB is proven in my mind. (including Luck/Newton/Peyton/Elway until they played a while in the league. TOO MANY high first round picks have busted for me to say anyone who has not played is proven).

so everybody's unproven, that doesn't mean they aren't worth drafting

Quinn was closest, but they all had more question marks than Goff and probably Wentz

EVERY QB....including Lynch, Goff, Wentz and all these others are HUGE projects. That's a fact.

All projects - yes. Some much larger than others, though.

NO on Cook. The Browns already took a chance on a polarizing prospect at qb.

We all know that we wished that never happened.

It isn't just that Cook declined to play in the Senior Bowl. It's a list of things.

McCarron declined because of...health reasons.

Cook isn't a guy who loves the game, if he just thought he didn't want to bother

competing in the Senior Bowl.

I want a qb who LOVES the competition, goes after the game because he loves it,

and that's my #1 on the list of things I'd look for. Ya gotta have heart.

Cook fizzled when the going got rough. Hue will pick a qb that has all the intangibles, and the

tools to be molded into the qb he wants the Browns to have. He did it with Flacco, who never took a snap

from center in college, I read... and with the red headed kid in Cincy.

Cook isn't even on my list of qb's that might be the guy. Hackenburg could be, but who knows. He could also

be "Jake Locker".

I believe the right qb will be the guy Hue pics in the first round. Because all the teams who need

THE qb...will be picking them in the first round.

April is always too far away.

so everybody's unproven, that doesn't mean they aren't worth drafting

That is not what I said....I said that their is no reason to be orgasmic over them because they are unproven...as you are.

If they draft him, fine....and he wins and performs super, fine.....THEN you can cream your jeans over him if you wish.

Until then, keep it in your fucking pants.

Quinn was closest, but they all had more question marks than Goff and probably Wentz

All projects - yes. Some much larger than others, though.

All about the same as far as I am concerned. Jamarcus Russell wasn't considered a huge project, Tom Brady was.

They are all Huge projects...no matter where drafted, until they prove their worth in the NFL.

NO on Cook. The Browns already took a chance on a polarizing prospect at qb.

We all know that we wished that never happened.

It isn't just that Cook declined to play in the Senior Bowl. It's a list of things.

McCarron declined because of...health reasons.

Cook isn't a guy who loves the game, if he just thought he didn't want to bother

competing in the Senior Bowl.

I want a qb who LOVES the competition, goes after the game because he loves it,

and that's my #1 on the list of things I'd look for. Ya gotta have heart.

Cook fizzled when the going got rough. Hue will pick a qb that has all the intangibles, and the

tools to be molded into the qb he wants the Browns to have. He did it with Flacco, who never took a snap

from center in college, I read... and with the red headed kid in Cincy.

Cook isn't even on my list of qb's that might be the guy. Hackenburg could be, but who knows. He could also

be "Jake Locker".

I believe the right qb will be the guy Hue pics in the first round. Because all the teams who need

THE qb...will be picking them in the first round.

April is always too far away.

OK, go on to the next candidate.

Archived