THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Cook

The Gipper

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he plays anything like Von Miller, you may be onto something there. :D Does he have 4.4 speed?

Im not sure what his 40 time is, but I can say that he's fast enough......Im bailing on the combine BS this year and paying attention to production only...

He can play everywhere and did play running back(quite well) and also safety. so as a LB the speed is plenty good enough....and has a real nose for the ball and is a sure tackler, which is all I need.....

Here's afreshman game tape....you decide....

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Myles+Jack+&&view=detail&mid=03F4770954965C39D60E03F4770954965C39D60E&FORM=VRDGAR

and another...

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Myles+Jack+&&view=detail&mid=2368A6AB6D98ADE54FC92368A6AB6D98ADE54FC9&FORM=VRDGAR

Im not sure what his 40 time is, but I can say that he's fast enough......Im bailing on the combine BS this year and paying attention to production only...

He can play everywhere and did play running back(quite well) and also safety. so as a LB the speed is plenty good enough....and has a real nose for the ball and is a sure tackler, which is all I need.....

Here's afreshman game tape....you decide....

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Myles+Jack+&&view=detail&mid=03F4770954965C39D60E03F4770954965C39D60E&FORM=VRDGAR

and another...

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Myles+Jack+&&view=detail&mid=2368A6AB6D98ADE54FC92368A6AB6D98ADE54FC9&FORM=VRDGAR

His speed approaches Millers but I would not be surprised if he is used as a SS. Not sure he is quite big enough to take on NFL OT's, but he's fast and is a sure tackler in the open field. Has good cover skills too. Why do I think a bigger version of "Jack Tatum" when I watch those highlights?

I think there will be lots of information on these guys. But, again, here is my basic point: you can get a good QB in rounds 2 and 3.....in some years the better QBs came out of those rounds:

2012...Wilson, Foles, Cousins......better than all others except Luck

2011....Dalton, Kaepernick....but than others except Cam.

There is no Luck/Newton in this draft.

But there could be a Kosar.

Gipper read a fortune cookie Last 4th of July that said there would be no first round QBs this year. He then decided that since QB isn't a very important position that the Browns might as well take the 5th QB prospect on the board. if there's anything that every QB the Browns drafted after Couch has taught us it's that the bargain bin is the best place to find a franchise signal caller.

Yup, since Frye and McCoy worked out so well

Again, yes they will be drafted in the first round.....or should I say overdrafted.

All I am saying is that with our #2 pick.....we would be reaching mightily to take a QB there. If we had the #10-15 pick, it may not be so bad.

But we need #2 talent with our #2 pick.

We don't need the QB equivalent of Trent Richardson.

So you're already calling Goff, Wentz and Lynch busts.

I'm looking at the rankings on NFL.com that clearly have DeForest Buckner rated as a better DE prospect than Bosa. Further, Bosa is far from the #1 overall prospect - he's more like the 7th. I happen to trust the NFL official board moreso than the CBS - considering as these guys are getting drafted to play in the NFL and not CBS.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker?icampaign=draft-sub_nav_bar-drafteventpage-tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-position-input:s

I may be an OSU homer, but I'm not in love with Bosa. Let me refresh Gips memory about another OSU DL that had the "can't miss superstar" tag. Big Daddy Dan Wilkinson.

Myles Jack... :)

Yup, rated higher than Bosa- and at a position of dire need.

Bailing on the Combine? WTF?

Jack will roll in the 4.5's. I think he will kill in the 3-cone and shuttle drills.

His speed approaches Millers but I would not be surprised if he is used as a SS. Not sure he is quite big enough to take on NFL OT's, but he's fast and is a sure tackler in the open field. Has good cover skills too. Why do I think a bigger version of "Jack Tatum" when I watch those highlights?

His size is an issue. I can still find weights anywhere from 230 to 245 for him. So I am eager to see what shows at the Combine.

In any case I don't see a 3-4 OLB. I think he might pull off a 4-3, new breed OLB.

Jack will roll in the 4.5's. I think he will kill in the 3-cone and shuttle drills.

His size is an issue. I can still find weights anywhere from 230 to 245 for him. So I am eager to see what shows at the Combine.

In any case I don't see a 3-4 OLB. I think he might pull off a 4-3, new breed OLB.

I think we'll see a lot more of the 'mobile' 3-4 OLB with great speed and weight around 240-250, who can rush the passer and cover the 'freak' college basketball playing tight ends that are 6'7", also run a 4.5 and weigh 250lbs. Think Mingo, only, you know, good.

Yep. Me too. But if he really is 6'1" then at least in appearance on the videos he looks more to the 230 than 245 Lbs. range and for a 3-4 LB that to me is a bit too small. I'm especially interested to see the combine results on Spence & Calhoun who have near identical size to Miller. If either of those guys have the speed, quicks, strength and athleticism that he has to get around and thru those OT's that would the ideal OLB for us if we stay 3-4. Drafttek actually has Bosa listed as a possible top ranked 3-4 OLB. What do you think about that? Is he fast enough? Best time I found for him is around 4.7 40. Miller is mid 4.4.'s

http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-34-Outside-LBs-2016-Draft.asp

I dont really see him as a SS....too big and, really, a great talent at LB.....my vision(or hope) would be more of a Derrick Brooks or Rickey Jackson type of player.....

I dont see his size as too much of an issue, honestly.....he's got the weight and strength.....whats a couple inches for a LB? I know he's projected as a better 4-3 backer, but honestly, this guy looks like a REAL lb.....can play anywhere you put him....

Just wind him up and let him loose.......

Drafttek actually has Bosa listed as a possible top ranked 3-4 OLB. What do you think about that? Is he fast enough? Best time I found for him is around 4.7 40. Miller is mid 4.4.'s

http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-34-Outside-LBs-2016-Draft.asp

Im starting to have some concerns about Bosa as Im digging in now.....(especially at OLB)....something tells me he's a much better bet on the line.....

Im really feeling Cleve's 4-3 more and more......and thinking our personnel fits the scheme just fine....

guess I've gotta break my own rule and argue with Gip.... Jesus.

its hilarious that you ask for multiple sources from people when your "source" was "there was a guy who said something once in the not so recent past, and I blindly agree without doing any independent player evaluation."

My source was Bill Polian. My source was also other respected draft analyzers. Go back and look at all of my posts, they are named there.

My other source is my own eyes. I saw two games of Goff this year, Utah.....5 interceptions

The other was Stanford where he did a great David Klingler imitation.

I've gotta respect your dogged, Skip Bayless style approach, but here's the thing, Gip. Your personal worth isn't directly tied to being 100% correct on your first take. You don't have to be Skip Bayless and make paper thin arguments and excuses which back up your initial claim.

The exact same thing can be said about every word you say. There is NOTHING on this Earth that you can give that proves for certain that Goff etc. will turn out to be anything.

You're a human being, you are valuable, no one will think less of you for abandoning a shaky, out-dated, borderline re-tarded argument... Of course you never will. You will reply to this post and interject your snarky little responses in a contrasting color and continue to tell the world that Tim Tebow, Brandon Weeden and Johnny Manziel are destined for greatness and that Lebron James isn't Very good. Cheers.

Actually.....Goff is more likely to be destined to be Tebow/Weeden/Manziel than he is to be LeBron.

You can call that snark if you like. I call it an evaluation.

The problem, apparently is that you can't handle it when anyone disagrees with your opinions on player evaluation.

Wasn't he hurt most of the year? ergo difficult to evaluate?

Yes...he missed his junior season with a torn meniscus(sp?)....which isnt really too serious when it comes to knee injuries....

What I really like is the way he dealt with it....he actually quit school so he could work all day - every day on the rehab and was/is totally committed to football....word is that he will be ready to participate in the combine....

But there could be a Kosar.

Hopefully, yes.....but recall, Kosar was considered a sure thing when he came out of college. While he wasn't considered as highly rated as Elway, he wasn't far behind.

Yup, since Frye and McCoy worked out so well

A failed 3rd round QB is not as bad as a failed #2 overall QB

So you're already calling Goff, Wentz and Lynch busts.

No....my point is that I don't know. Unlike others here who are so goddamn sure that these guys are the second coming of Elway/Brady/Manning...I am not so sure. I simply believe there is more quality talent elsewhere besides QB in this draft that we should use our #2 on.

I may be an OSU homer, but I'm not in love with Bosa. Let me refresh Gips memory about another OSU DL that had the "can't miss superstar" tag. Big Daddy Dan Wilkinson.

So, because one Ohio St. DL busted out 25 years ago, it means that Bosa will automatically follow? I guess that is the reason everyone is behind Goff? "Gee, Aaron Rodgers is from Cal...and Goff is going to be just like him...just as good as him" I don't buy either argument.

Yup, rated higher than Bosa- and at a position of dire need.

No....No one is rated higher than Bosa......with the majority of draft services.

I think we'll see a lot more of the 'mobile' 3-4 OLB with great speed and weight around 240-250, who can rush the passer and cover the 'freak' college basketball playing tight ends that are 6'7", also run a 4.5 and weigh 250lbs. Think Mingo, only, you know, good.

Actually, I still think Mingo could be good. I am hopeful that he will blossom under this new/old DC we have. Completely misutilized by O'Neil in my opinion.

Actually, I still think Mingo could be good. I am hopeful that he will blossom under this new/old DC we have. Completely misutilized by O'Neil in my opinion.

Well, Ray Horton was the DC when Mingo was drafted, so, there's that. But I don't see it. Hope to be proven wrong.

They misused Mingo too????.....He was the primary cover backer and seemed to excel at it....and everyone screamed and lost their minds when Kruger was asked to cover....so if not Kruger or Mingo, then who????

They misused Mingo too????.....He was the primary cover backer and seemed to excel at it....and everyone screamed and lost their minds when Kruger was asked to cover....so if not Kruger or Mingo, then who????

If you sack the QB in under a second you don't need to cover! EVERYBODY RUSH.

Full on Blitz....all day every day on each every play.....Yay!!!....(thats a rhyne, by the way)

Love rhynes. Are you a poer?

I think it's probably about time to start a series of position group threads. clevelandbrowns.com is doing it, so might be time to get some less 'homery' talk.

Justin Cook 2017

Maybe you have something there. Maybe the Browns future QB isn't in this draft, but the next one?

Look at these names, top rated QBs for 2017 by CBS.

Chad Kelly QB 1 Ole Miss Jr 6-2 215

C.J. Beathard QB 2 Iowa rJr 6-2 209

Joshua Dobbs QB 3 Tennessee Jr 6-3 212

Seth Russellinjury.gif QB 4 Baylor rJr 6-2 220

Mitch Leidner QB 5 Minnesota rJr 6-4 236

Jeremy Johnson QB 6 Auburn Jr 6-5 240

Gunner Kiel QB 7 Cincinnati rJr 6-4 208

Nick Mullens QB 8 Southern Mississippi Jr 6-1 196

Baker Mayfield QB 9 Oklahoma rJr 6-0 209

Brady Gustafson QB 10 Montana rJr 6-6 235

Anything there to potentially be interested in for the future?

Maybe you have something there. Maybe the Browns future QB isn't in this draft, but the next one?

Look at these names:

had Kelly QB 1 Ole Miss Jr 6-2 215 C.J. Beathard QB 2 Iowa rJr 6-2 209 Joshua Dobbs QB 3 Tennessee Jr 6-3 212 Seth Russellinjury.gif QB 4 Baylor rJr 6-2 220 Mitch Leidner QB 5 Minnesota rJr 6-4 236 Jeremy Johnson QB 6 Auburn Jr 6-5 240 Gunner Kiel QB 7 Cincinnati rJr 6-4 208 Nick Mullens QB 8 Southern Mississippi Jr 6-1 196 Baker Mayfield QB 9 Oklahoma rJr 6-0 209 Brady Gustafson QB 10 Montana rJr 6-6 235

Our next QB is always in the next draft.

FWIW, I'd take deshaun watson in 2017, at this point.

Archived