THE BROWNS BOARD

NH Primary

gftChris

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately for Rubio now that he has been attacked for being too programmed and robotic every misstep like the video I posted gets magnified 100 times. Really it is no big deal he flubbed a line and they all do it from time to time but Christie has painted a narrative on Rubio that will be hard to overcome now.

Trump panders, he pandered big time to the evangelicals. He's been consistent on he major stuff though - like immigration, trade, taxes, etc. His notes when he speaks are like 5 words that just tell him what topics to cover though. No rehearsal, no teleprompter - he just writes down like "Clinton Email" and 5 other things, then talks about them from the top of his head.

Cruz did not make 1 true statement in the last debate. He said behind closed doors he doesn't care about gay marriage.

They all pander - it's a requirement to get people to vote for you. But I will add, we need to dispel this fiction once and for all that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing.

I think because we only have two viable parties it forces pandering. For example a fiscally conservative but not social one would have to pander on social issues to get the republican nomination because the republican party is made up of social and fiscal conservatives. Same way with the democrats and Sanders forcing Clinton to go harder to the left to compete. The bases of both parties tend to be more liberal and more conservative than the general electorate. So it is as Nixon said when he ran that the democrats run to the left in their primaries and the republicans run to the right and in the general election they both run to the center.

Kasich concerns me because he has done little to quell the heroin epidemic here in Ohio. When you can have it delivered to your door like a pizza is when you really need to take steps to control the problem. I've heard little about it from John.

So, it's a different kind of Papa John?

Actually, Kasich has been involved in working against the herion epidemic...

so much of the drug traffic is freely coming over our "border" with mexico. Obamao

has official told them to let them come over without being arrested or detained.

and, the drug cartel channels will be everywhere. and more of them.

1. earch only for kasich herion epidemic

1. Gov. Kasich Speaks Out Against Ohio Heroin ...
    www.governor.ohio.gov/Portals/0/07.01.14 State Officials...

Gov. Kasich Speaks Out Against Ohio Heroin Epidemic Monday, June 30, 2014 By Chris Vanocur COLUMBUS -- Monday, in highly personal and religious terms, Governor John ...

2. Democrats say Ohio's heroin epidemic should be declared a ...
    www.cleveland.com/.../05/democrats_say_ohios_heroin_epi.html

House Democrats are calling on Gov. John Kasich to declare a public health emergency forheroin abuse and overdose deaths in Ohio. Here, heroin in its powdered form.

3. Kasich sends Trumbull County help for heroin ...
    wytv.com/2015/04/13/kasich-sends-trumbull-county-help...

Gov. John Kasich has heard the cries for help from Trumbull County officials in the wake of nearly a dozen people dying from a dangerous batch of heroin.

1. Ohio AG creating heroin unit to battle statewide ‘epidemic ...
      www.daytondailynews.com/...has-a-heroin-epidemic-ag.../nbwr7

Ohio AG creating heroin unit to battle statewide ‘epidemic’ Montgomery County has second highest number of heroin deaths so far in 2013.

2. Kasich, DeWine Target Heroin Abuse In Ohio |...
      www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/04/29/oh-heroin...

Apr 28, 2014 · Kasich, DeWine Target Heroin Abuse In ... can play in fighting the state’sepidemic of heroin abuse. Gov. John Kasich calls the drug problem a ...

SO, apparently, despite the crushing victory, Bernie Sanders ends up with, at best, the same number of delegates as Hillary?

http://usuncut.com/news/the-dnc-superdelegates-just-screwed-over-bernie-sanders-and-spit-in-the-faces-of-voters/

"The system is rigged" - Bernie Sanders

SO, apparently, despite the crushing victory, Bernie Sanders ends up with, at best, the same number of delegates as Hillary?

http://usuncut.com/news/the-dnc-superdelegates-just-screwed-over-bernie-sanders-and-spit-in-the-faces-of-voters/

Intentionally misleading reporting. When they show you Hillary has way more delegates they want people to give up and think Bernie can't win or he's losing.

But they are adding "superdelegates" Basically every state has some number of high-ranking members of the democratic party that get to vote at the convention. (Like 700 out of 4700 available delegates are super delegates)

The reason they don't matter is because they have never affected the the nominee chosen by the popular vote.If Bernie wins the popular vote and gets the most delegates then the superdelegates will mostly fall in line anyway.

Republicans have the same thing, although they have a lot less of them and it's the same story. They fall in line.

Intentionally misleading reporting. When they show you Hillary has way more delegates they want people to give up and think Bernie can't win or he's losing.

But they are adding "superdelegates" Basically every state has some number of high-ranking members of the democratic party that get to vote at the convention. (Like 700 out of 4700 available delegates are super delegates)

The reason they don't matter is because they have never affected the the nominee chosen by the popular vote.If Bernie wins the popular vote and gets the most delegates then the superdelegates will mostly fall in line anyway.

Republicans have the same thing, although they have a lot less of them and it's the same story. They fall in line.

Fair enough. Explains why I couldn't find much more reporting on it.

Fair enough. Explains why I couldn't find much more reporting on it.

But if you're someone who's like maybe I wanna go out and vote for Bernie in the Ohio primary (in like mid march or something). You look up how Bernie's doing and see he's down by 400 delegates (when really he's up by 30). You may be like I'll just stay home tonight instead of going to vote. Caucus states probably worse because it's like an hour ordeal.

That's my conspiracy theory, but I think it's pretty accurate.

Ha ha ha

Apparently you don't know Obama is a Muslim and thinks there's 57 (or whatever) states.

I have no doubt Obama knows how many states there are in the United States and it was a flub like they all do...these things are usually played up more than they should be and even more so when a republican does it like when Dan Quayle misspelled potato :o

I poked fun at Obama for that flub but never believed he thought there were 57 states.

Ahhh. Beat me to the punch.

WSS

Hillary will steal it.

And the fucked up super delegates, pledge delegates, etcetera etcetera etcetera primary system is one of the reasons people, especially young people, don't bother to show up at the polls.

Regardless of my opinion of Bernie Sanders he's a clear-cut option to Hillary Clinton, and when the people who feel strongly about him figure out that the fix is in they will give up.

WSS

And the fucked up super delegates, pledge delegates, etcetera etcetera etcetera primary system is one of the reasons people, especially young people, don't bother to show up at the polls.

Regardless of my opinion of Bernie Sanders he's a clear-cut option to Hillary Clinton, and when the people who feel strongly about him figure out that the fix is in they will give up.

WSS

I think when people figure out the fix is in, they'll be even more determined to get him in power. Because this is part of his message - the establishment has created an environment where you have the illusion of choice, but really the establishment picks it's favourite, and it'll take a monumental effort to overhaul it.

In the end it'll probably be split between the two attitudes maybe.

I think when people figure out the fix is in, they'll be even more determined to get him in power. Because this is part of his message - the establishment has created an environment where you have the illusion of choice, but really the establishment picks it's favourite, and it'll take a monumental effort to overhaul it.

In the end it'll probably be split between the two attitudes maybe.

Probably true, but remember that generational interest usually fades quickly. What the young people are up in arms about today changes relatively soon. And the road goes ever on and on.

WSS

Our voting system needs a complete overhaul. How does Sanders put a thumping on Clinton like he did in New Hampshire with beating her like a drum by over 20 points and not come away with more delegates? Cleaning up our voting, getting rid of outdated caucuses and having voting standards applied uniformly across the country is badly needed for people to have confidence in our voting.

Our voting system needs a complete overhaul. How does Sanders put a thumping on Clinton like he did in New Hampshire with beating her like a drum by over 20 points and not come away with more delegates? Cleaning up our voting, getting rid of outdated caucuses and having voting standards applied uniformly across the country is badly needed for people to have confidence in our voting.

You sound like a Bernie fan...

Archived