THE BROWNS BOARD

Did Our Analytics FO Pay Attention?

TexasAg1969

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We didnt.....except for Manziels, which they have been screaming about ever since.....but, unless he was drunk, it wouldnt have mattered.....

We were at JM's... in force as I recall.

I remember watching it live... and in color...

I learned to never consider a QB who does his Pro-Day in his helmet...

We were at JM's... in force as I recall.

I remember watching it live... and in color...

I learned to never consider a QB who does his Pro-Day in his helmet...

Nope....skipped his pro day, as well as Bortles and Bridgewaters....apparently every team in the league was there, except us and Chicago......though we did have a private work out with him.....million articles on it...here's one...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/_/id/10807688/johnny-manziel-work-cleveland-browns

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2014/03/27/johnny-manziel-pro-day-texas-a-and-m/6965477/

Ha!....the same thing happened last year with Mariota, but if you remember OConnell worked closely with both Johnny and Mariota during their prep for the draft....and I think the Browns may have relied upon him for feedback.....though, that didnt limit the criticism of Farmer for not attending those pro days....

The good news is that Hue has already met with a couple of the QB's at the senior bowl and I d expect more of the same to happen at Pro days and the combine.....

Ha!....the same thing happened last year with Mariota, but if you remember OConnell worked closely with both Johnny and Mariota during their prep for the draft....and I think the Browns may have relied upon him for feedback.....though, that didnt limit the criticism of Farmer for not attending those pro days....

The good news is that Hue has already met with a couple of the QB's at the senior bowl and I d expect more of the same to happen at Pro days and the combine.....

I would hope that the brain trust has already completed their analytics pre-lems by the time they head off for the combine and the pro days afterwards. They should by then already be zeroing in on potential targets for what they have decided they need most. Same goes for free agency. As soon as that window opens they should already know with whom they want to get serious and how seriously ($$) they want to bid within the framework of the cap space. They are earning their keep as we speak.

I think one of the bad things the Browns have been known for since 99 is being horrible at wasting draft picks and evaluating talent in general. Some of the problem has probably been the high turnover of head coaches and GM's and each regime change coming in with different philosophies and schemes. There has been no long term vision or plan. Anyway that is why I am optimistic about the Browns adding analytics to help them in this regard. We just can't afford to keep missing out on talent.

I think one of the bad things the Browns have been known for since 99 is being horrible at wasting draft picks and evaluating talent in general. Some of the problem has probably been the high turnover of head coaches and GM's and each regime change coming in with different philosophies and schemes. There has been no long term vision or plan. Anyway that is why I am optimistic about the Browns adding analytics to help them in this regard. We just can't afford to keep missing out on talent.

The more you look at his time, the more Tom Heckert looks better and better, in retrospect. Richardson/Weeden aside, obviously. We're on the verge of losing 3-4 starters from his 2012 draft. Gordon has off-field issues of course but is a hell of a player. Billy Winn is serviceable. from the 2011 draft , Jordan Cameron, Buster Skrine have signed big contracts elsewhere. Some very good picks in there. In 2010, Haden is a top CB and Ward just won a SB.

Just missing a QB.

You can't draft them all...

As soon as I heard Miller was retiring I thought, "There goes Hunter."

At least his choice would keep us from seeing another Buckeye in black and yellow.

You can't draft them all...

As soon as I heard Miller was retiring I thought, "There goes Hunter."

At least his choice would keep us from seeing another Buckeye in black and yellow.

There are so many Buckeyes in this draft they could still pick one up in Rd 2.

Archived