THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Bosa

The Gipper

wtf, they made it seem like he had just said it on twitter. What was the context of it then? He wasn't coming out after his freshman season so what was even the whole reason to be talking about cleveland?

It was in response to a debate about Lebron returning to Cleveland and he was questioning why anyone would want to play here....

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's pretty douche. Why does even give a fuck where a basketball players wants to play? I guess he was a pubbie little freshman but still. Stay in your lane right?

He's from the Miami area (Fort Lauderdale)...probably just a Heat fan and pissed that he left....at least thats my guess...Im sure he deeply regrets the comment and said it prior to ever conceiving he'd actually be a Brown....

• 1 month later...

Somehow I missed this little tidbit in the Combine reporting....

6. Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State. Previous Rank: 6
3/16/16: Bosa's 40 time at the combine was slower than expected (4.86), but he had a decent showing in the field work. Sources say they do have some off-the-field concerns with Bosa and he didn't erase them in the interviews in Indianapolis. He told teams his Week 1 suspension was from his refusal to take a drug test. Some sources suspect that Bosa knew he would test positive for ecstasy or molly (MDMA) as he admitted that he likes to go to raves.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016bigboard.php

And yet never a picture of him partying in Columbus or doing too much in a bathroom with a rolled up dollar bill ala johnny? Unconcerning given what's known of his work ethic. Dude is not only a gym freak he's onfield for hours before every game working on his hand fighting. The dude loves his craft which is something you couldn't say about Johnny.

Then don't fucking use it.

For someone in his position yes, I agree, there's no excuse. But sometimes it's really easy to forget that something you can buy in GNC can be on the doping list. I think creatine either was at some point or is on the list. I mean that's absurd. There's like post workout protein drinks that have it in them but you'd have to look real hard at the ingredient list to see it cause it's not the prime ingredient.

I mean there's shit at GNC that I know for a fact isn't "performance enhancing" that's banned.

As much as I love me some Bosa though, if a team wants to part with a kings ransom for him.....you'd have to take it. We have way too many holes. We could get another edge guy plus an interior LB'er.

Sorry, but for any trade down for our #2, I would only want to go down a few spots....and then pick up at least another early 2d rounder.

That is why I have liked the thought of trading with Dallas.....for #2 get #4 plus #35 plus like a 6th rounder.

For anyone wanting to trade for lower than like #5....I would want 2 first rounders this year. And no one has those picks to give.

and? that lunkead will dip and rip through the outside shoulder of most tackles in the NFL "right now". He's not just weight room strong, he's field strong.

And that's really all he'll do. His pass rush skillset is mostly limited overpowering the outside arm of the tackle. As a stand up 3-4 OLB, he'll have to have some inside moves because he won't have the time to go outside edge every play.

And that's really all he'll do. His pass rush skillset is mostly limited overpowering the outside arm of the tackle. As a stand up 3-4 OLB, he'll have to have some inside moves because he won't have the time to go outside edge every play.

He's still a 4-3 DE then? OK, right, thought he might have magically transformed in the last week. He'll be great but not for us.

Uh I've seen him explode the inside shoulder too. His inside move where he pushes the tackles inside shoulder upfield is actually what he became most known for, his most devastating pass rush move. He gets guys moving upfield in anticipation of his edge rush and then he sticks his arm in the armpit of their inside shoulder.They go right upfield and he swims to the inside. I've studied this kids moves dude. I know what I see. Can he do all that from the standup position? Not sure about that. I wouldn't doubt it though. He opened my eyes with his fluidity in space at the combine. I did not know he had that. That's when it dawned on me that he could easily be a 3-4 strong side backer. There's nothing he couldn't do that Horton was askig of Kruger 3 years ago.

He's still a 4-3 DE then? OK, right, thought he might have magically transformed in the last week. He'll be great but not for us.

That's exactly my point. His skillset won't translate as favorably to us, IMO. I'd rather him maximize his potential as a 4-3 DE than be hamstrung here.

Not all 3-4's are the same chris. I think we clearly saw that Pettine/Oneils idea of the 3-4 was vastly different than Hortons. Just as an example, Belichick would take Bosa "in a heartbeat" and use him like he's used Vrabel and Ninkovich. Or he'd drift more to a 4-3 and put Bosa on his hands and let the DE on the other side be more of the hybrid. Horton in his presser kind of alluded to the fact that his defense is not the same as it was 3 years ago. Now what that exactly means we're not sure yet. But suffice to say that nothing he's going to do is likely so fundamentally 3-4 or 4-3 that a player like Bosa couldn't do well in it. Or other guys for that matter.

Uh I've seen him explode the inside shoulder too. His inside move where he pushes the tackles inside shoulder upfield is actually what he became most known for, his most devastating pass rush move. He gets guys moving upfield in anticipation of his edge rush and then he sticks his arm in the armpit of their inside shoulder.They go right upfield and he swims to the inside. I've studied this kids moves dude. I know what I see. Can he do all that from the standup position? Not sure about that. I wouldn't doubt it though. He opened my eyes with his fluidity in space at the combine. I did not know he had that. That's when it dawned on me that he could easily be a 3-4 strong side backer. There's nothing he couldn't do that Horton was askig of Kruger 3 years ago.

I'm glad you have studied his moves. And I have as well. His inside move is nowhere near his best move, and he won't get away with it as easily in the NFL. His main benefit is that he is good at initial contact and can convert his initial speed to power to crash the edge.

As a 3-4 OLBer, he'll have to have a more refined toolset, because he won't be making early contact and he'll be more often hitting guys who are already well into their pass set. Further, at 275, it's going to be a little harder to continually bull rush guys like that.

He's okay in space, but I wouldn't consider that a strong suit of his, however it's also not a weakness. He looked more comfortable in space than I realized but, then again, fluidity != coverage ability. It remains to be seen how well he'll do when things go live. All in all, I don't think he's a bad prospect, I just would rather see him in a 4-3 than shoehorned into a role here and then people saying in 3 years "stupid Browns, still making stupid decisions, still ruining careers".

Not all 3-4's are the same chris. I think we clearly saw that Pettine/Oneils idea of the 3-4 was vastly different than Hortons. Just as an example, Belichick would take Bosa "in a heartbeat" and use him like he's used Vrabel and Ninkovich. Or he'd drift more to a 4-3 and put Bosa on his hands and let the DE on the other side be more of the hybrid. Horton in his presser kind of alluded to the fact that his defense is not the same as it was 3 years ago. Now what that exactly means we're not sure yet. But suffice to say that nothing he's going to do is likely so fundamentally 3-4 or 4-3 that a player like Bosa couldn't do well in it. Or other guys for that matter.

When did Belichick say that?

I'm glad you have studied his moves. And I have as well. His inside move is nowhere near his best move, and he won't get away with it as easily in the NFL. His main benefit is that he is good at initial contact and can convert his initial speed to power to crash the edge.

As a 3-4 OLBer, he'll have to have a more refined toolset, because he won't be making early contact and he'll be more often hitting guys who are already well into their pass set. Further, at 275, it's going to be a little harder to continually bull rush guys like that.

He's okay in space, but I wouldn't consider that a strong suit of his, however it's also not a weakness. He looked more comfortable in space than I realized but, then again, fluidity != coverage ability. It remains to be seen how well he'll do when things go live. All in all, I don't think he's a bad prospect, I just would rather see him in a 4-3 than shoehorned into a role here and then people saying in 3 years "stupid Browns, still making stupid decisions, still ruining careers".

1) Kruger was bullrushing the balls off guys at 275-280. He's lost that now, thanks for that Mike.....

2) As for his inside move, I think he talked about it as his best move. It's like a street fighter unblockable when he hits it. But yes you're right that he's gonna need to get stronger and faster to pull it off in the NFL with consistency. He has to follow a similar trajectory as Watt who also kept working at his trade.

3) He showed his coverage ability at OSU. Again, you're not making him the weakside backer. Do you really think he couldn't do what Harrison did with Pgh all those years? Drop back in a zone and murder fools. You're not asking man coverage of your Jack OLB'er, unless of course your name is Mike Pettine than you're sending your hybrid off against the slot's...which is retar...anyway..

4) It's Hortons call. If he slides his D more towards a 4-3 that periodically drops one of it's DE's into a firezone...than it's exactly what Bosa's doing now. We'll see. If Horton moves in the other direction than yeah Bosa may not fit and Buckners the call. Who we could probably get even if we traded down.

Then we should get the Patriots to trade us Tom Brady for Joey Bosa straight up.

Brady's got a couple years left and by that time we're usually shipping off our first round talent by then anyways... lol

Who would do it?

3) He showed his coverage ability at OSU.

Translation? Is it, "He dropped into a zone?"

I know his lone INT was off a ball he tipped to himself rushing the passer. Of his 6 career Defended Passes, how many were in coverage vs. tips at the LOS?

Archived