THE BROWNS BOARD

Liberal (for gft so he dosen't bitch) Einsteins gravitation waves detected

DieHardBrownsFan

i'll always look fondly on Einstein and mostly not for a damn thing he did scientifically, although that's important too. But what made him a great human being in my mind (although still flawed) had nothing to do with his scientific achievements. He told the Jewish caucus before ww2 started not to even think about trying to impose a jewish state by force in the middle of a bunch of arabs. He is directly quoted as saying you're gonna touch off a 200 year war. He wasn't against the idea of a jewish state, he was against how it came to be. He also turned them down when they asked him to be PM. Dude wasn't just a book head. He had some real insights into the human condition as well. Had they only listened to him, middle east might be a completely different place.

I heard an expert astronomer say that this gravitational waves thing

is a dramatic discovery. He says that before, it was like looking out

your kitchen window and seeing two kids playing in your yard, and

you know there are more like ten kids, and you can't tell what they are doing.

He said that now, they can see out the window, but they can see all ten kids,

and you can see what they are doing.

Should be interesting to see what transpires later.

i'll always look fondly on Einstein and mostly not for a damn thing he did scientifically, although that's important too. But what made him a great human being in my mind (although still flawed) had nothing to do with his scientific achievements. He told the Jewish caucus before ww2 started not to even think about trying to impose a jewish state by force in the middle of a bunch of arabs. He is directly quoted as saying you're gonna touch off a 200 year war. He wasn't against the idea of a jewish state, he was against how it came to be. He also turned them down when they asked him to be PM. Dude wasn't just a book head. He had some real insights into the human condition as well. Had they only listened to him, middle east might be a completely different place.

Oh sure without the Jews muslims would be holding hands and dancing in the streets.

By holding hands I literally mean holding severed hands.

Oh sure without the Jews muslims would be holding hands and dancing in the streets.

By holding hands I literally mean holding severed hands.

pockets of these people will probably always be raging. Do you know anyone that grew up in the middle east? I know 3 men who were literally born there and grew up there. My own father backpacked through there in the 50's, inconceivable for a yankee face to do that now. It was a different place for the most part. One of my dads oldest best friends, and one of Goodyears most decorated researchers was born and raised in Baghdad. Another good friend grew up in Jordan and Egypt. I trust what they say. They're not muslims either just trying to put a rosey picture on the middle east before the great satan arrived. But they do acknowledge that the middle east was more or less like everywhere else, but with some problems. It wasn't until after the war when shit really started to go down hill. And that's when a lot of people left.

pockets of these people will probably always be raging. Do you know anyone that grew up in the middle east? I know 3 men who were literally born there and grew up there. My own father backpacked through there in the 50's, inconceivable for a yankee face to do that now. It was a different place for the most part. One of my dads oldest best friends, and one of Goodyears most decorated researchers was born and raised in Baghdad. Another good friend grew up in Jordan and Egypt. I trust what they say. They're not muslims either just trying to put a rosey picture on the middle east before the great satan arrived. But they do acknowledge that the middle east was more or less like everywhere else, but with some problems. It wasn't until after the war when shit really started to go down hill. And that's when a lot of people left.

Cleve muslims have been chopping heads and hands off of friends and foe alike for 1000 years. The middle east might not have been absolute chaos in the early 1900s but it would still not have been anywhere you wanted to get caught for the most minor infraction in.

did you just buzzkill yourself ed?

Yep. He's not wrong though. Time can be slowed or sped up but not reversed. Also, you wouldn't just pop in to the future, you'd exist at every point in time between the two, it would just pass a lot more quickly for you than observers, like on the event horizon of a black hole.

The fall of the strongman that ruled those places with iron fists has been what's driven it to this.

There's a bit of truth to this. The problem is those strongmen are what set the tone for this muslim extremist revolution. Iran is the most prominent example. Without the shaw the Ayatollahs would be religious leaders that a small segment of society looked to, like our whackjobs, but not taken seriously as pertaining to the political direction of the country. And we know that for a fact because that's exactly what they were prior to 1952.

I don't see how you don't this fundamental aspect of human nature though cysko, especially seeing as it happened in this very country. When you have a foreign power operating in your own turf with impunity, eventually people have enough. That's what's going on in the middle east. This is what happened in South America in the later part of the last century. We're actually very lucky to have the relationship with some of those S.American countries that we do. We're still not liked there though. My uncle lives in Argentina, and that's a country that we never really fucked off in like some of the more central American countries.....and he's pretty blatant that Americans are tolerated of course, but not liked at all in Argentina. They don't trust a lot of westerners but especially Americans. Lucky that south americans are mostly Christian otherwise it could have gotten really ugly in the 70's and 80's. Just think if Canada was the middle east.....think about what a goatfuck that would be. We would have built 20 of Trumps walls with croc filled moats inbetween.

There's a bit of truth to this. The problem is those strongmen are what set the tone for this muslim extremist revolution. Iran is the most prominent example. Without the shaw the Ayatollahs would be religious leaders that a small segment of society looked to, like our whackjobs, but not taken seriously as pertaining to the political direction of the country. And we know that for a fact because that's exactly what they were prior to 1952.

I don't see how you don't this fundamental aspect of human nature though cysko, especially seeing as it happened in this very country. When you have a foreign power operating in your own turf with impunity, eventually people have enough. That's what's going on in the middle east. This is what happened in South America in the later part of the last century. We're actually very lucky to have the relationship with some of those S.American countries that we do. We're still not liked there though. My uncle lives in Argentina, and that's a country that we never really fucked off in like some of the more central American countries.....and he's pretty blatant that Americans are tolerated of course, but not liked at all in Argentina. They don't trust a lot of westerners but especially Americans. Lucky that south americans are mostly Christian otherwise it could have gotten really ugly in the 70's and 80's. Just think if Canada was the middle east.....think about what a goatfuck that would be. We would have built 20 of Trumps walls with croc filled moats inbetween.

You do understand that south americans ARE westerners don't you? They live in the western hemisphere. Other than that I understand what you're saying but long before America the muslims were a big problem. Ask Spain.

You do understand that south americans ARE westerners don't you? They live in the western hemisphere. Other than that I understand what you're saying but long before America the muslims were a big problem. Ask Spain.

spain was a bigger problem. Anybody that got up in their shit has at least a modicum of my respect. See I know my history, back then the distinction between Christians, muslims and joos was like Prostestants, catholics and seventh day Adventists. The Spaniards were legendary shitbags too.....go ask the south americans or carribeans. Maybe i'm wrong but weren't no muslims making natives on this side of the ocean work in their gold mines and smashing babies over rocks if people didn't feel like digging gold for some ngr named Jesus they ain't never heard of.

Uh, yeah muslims were notorious slavers and it still flies in their culture today. Perhaps you don't know history as well as you think you do.

oh I know they just weren't over here. We know all about the Spaniards here on this side of the ocean. Like I said, there was hardly a distinction among them back then. They were all slime.

I particularly like this line by David Rietz from the California Institute of Technology

"Ladies and Gentlemen. We have detected gravitational waves. We did it!" Like they just liberated France from the Nazis.

We get it, it's momentous. I don't know if it warrants a "we did it! Now we're going to Disney world" moment.

Archived