THE BROWNS BOARD

Interesting

Westside Steve

It still seems to me that Kaepernick would be a good fit for Chip Kelly's offense....but maybe they are looking at his salary and saying for that money he is too big of a risk.

RGIII to Dallas seems a natural fit sorta....better than JFF there.

Losing Super Bowl teams often have meltdowns and failures the following year. I think this may continue with Spam Cam and the P's.

The Rams playing in the LA Coliseum again? They left that place in 1980.....36 years ago because it was outdated then. And they will play there for 3 years? What has been done to improve it in the last 36 years? Has USC made improveements?

The Rams playing in the LA Coliseum again? They left that place in 1980.....36 years ago because it was outdated then. And they will play there for 3 years? What has been done to improve it in the last 36 years? Has USC made improveements?

Regarding the Rams- the whole situation stinks. As a Browns fan, I feel your pain, St Louis. IMHO Kroenke is a bigger scumbag than Modell. St Louis & the state of Missouri had by far the best proposal to keep the Rams, but Stan only saw the big $$$$$ of LA. Basically flipped St Louis & their offer the bird on the way out of town. I don't need your stinkin' money, I'll build my $2 billion Pleasure Palace in LA with my own money FU. St Louie is a bigger market than at least 10 other NFL cities, or places the Raiders are contemplating moving to- like Las Vegas.

BTW, they had some investigative reporting on ESPN last night and take one guess who helped convince the other owners to let the Rams move back- Jerry Jones. For that slimy move, hope both the Rams & Cowboys have to wait as long as the Browns have to see their next Super Bowl. Just gotta have a team in the #2 TV market- even though Los Angeles was doing just fine without one for the past 20 years.

Regarding the Rams- the whole situation stinks. As a Browns fan, I feel your pain, St Louis. IMHO Kronke is a bigger scumbag than Modell. St Louis & the state of Missouri had by far the best proposal to keep the Rams, but Stan only saw the big $$$$$ of LA. Basically flipped St Louis & their offer the bird on the way out of town. I don't need your stinkin' money, I'll build my $2 billion Pleasure Palace in LA with my own money FU. St Louie is a bigger market than at least 10 other NFL cities, or places the Raiders are contemplating moving to- like Las Vegas.

BTW, they had some investigative reporting on ESPN last night and take one guess who helped convince the other owners to let the Rams move back- Jerry Jones. For that slimy move, hope both the Rams & Cowboys have to wait as long as the Browns have to see their next Super Bowl. Just gotta have a team in the #2 TV market- even though Los Angeles was doing just fine without one for the past 20 years.

Jerry was the one out front salivating over the move to LA. He was talking about how the great fans of LA deserve a team.

Where the fuck has the guy been for the last 40 years? LA could give a shit about the NFL. It was not LA pushing to have the NFL back there, it was the NFL being back there. I don't know what it is but certain powers that be sure seem like they want to lick the dicks of the Hollywood crowd. They are so, so successful financially without a team in LA....yet they were cock hungry for the money they think they could get out of there.

Could LA really provide oh so much more revenue to the NFL? I seriously doubt it.

Gipper there should have been no hiatus not one football not one jockstrap not one truck load of uniforms should have left the state of Ohio. So there. Whatever way you want the spin it.

WSS

Not spinning anything....just the facts Ma'am. But I get where you are coming from.

Los Angeles Rams seems right to me.

Agree... but then so do the St. Louis Cardinals...

I think LA Rams football will work under a roof... especially one with the shopping complex and amenities that are apparently involved in this development.

What I am less sure of is the support for a second team... even with the Chargers draw geographically close and within game day, commuting distance.

Agree... but then so do the St. Louis Cardinals...

I think LA Rams football will work under a roof... especially one with the shopping complex and amenities that are apparently involved in this development.

What I am less sure of is the support for a second team... even with the Chargers draw geographically close and within game day, commuting distance.

No kidding. I don't know what it is about St. Louis and football. Several of my 2nd family (we've been friends for 50 years) live there. It's not like the Rams weren't getting any support. It was down, because it was (correctly) believed Kroenke was going to pull up stakes at the first opportunity. At least Modell was from New York, Kroenke is from Missouri- damn carpetbagger. The rich just get richer- I did look it up- Stan is #2 in the NFL owner wealth brigade behind only Paul Allen, so money talks. Yeah, St Louis is primarily a baseball town like Cincinnati, but there's plenty of support for other sports, like the NHL Blues.

Sad thing is St Louis will probably never get another NFL team- at least in the foreseeable future. Seems like a fair percentage of the St Louis area has resigned itself to "bye Stan, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Browns should have never looked Cleveland nor the Colts Baltimore. They could have given Indianapolis an expansion team. Another stupid 80's looking logo in teal.

WSS

^Exactly.

Regarding this BS Rams to LA, of course these greedy-ass owners approved it (30-2). They all get a piece of the $550 million relocation fee. It's a disgrace to the greatest sport, and I'm starting to think Mark Cuban was right- the NFL is going to over-saturate & over hype the market and eventually lose fans because of it.

Regarding the "catch/no catch" stuff, to me it's very simple- abolish replay reviews. It delays the game and some of the review decisions have been atrocious anyway. The Dez Bryant catch that got overturned in Green Bay was worse than "Renfro was in" back in 1978 or 79. Or the damn "Tuck Rule" in NE years ago. They'll never do it, but IMHO replay has ruined football.

Cardinals left St. Louis and when the Rams came to town they talked shit. Glad to see them leave.

It never ends. 32 teams seems to be an optimum number. Now San Diego and Oakland are the next with a gun to their heads. In all honesty, Oakland's stadium is way outdated, and overdue for an upgrade. I have a feeling the Raiders are out of Oakland. (again)

It never ends. 32 teams seems to be an optimum number. Now San Diego and Oakland are the next with a gun to their heads. In all honesty, Oakland's stadium is way outdated, and overdue for an upgrade. I have a feeling the Raiders are out of Oakland. (again)

Ya I can see the Rams leaving but Oakland or San Diego? It doesn't sound right even tho Oakland has been down this street before.

If it is the Raiders their fans will stick with them due to the past moves but San Diego is a whole different situation IMO.

Jerry was the one out front salivating over the move to LA. He was talking about how the great fans of LA deserve a team.

Where the fuck has the guy been for the last 40 years? LA could give a shit about the NFL. It was not LA pushing to have the NFL back there, it was the NFL being back there. I don't know what it is but certain powers that be sure seem like they want to lick the dicks of the Hollywood crowd. They are so, so successful financially without a team in LA....yet they were cock hungry for the money they think they could get out of there.

Could LA really provide oh so much more revenue to the NFL? I seriously doubt it.

To the above- no shit, Gip. Great NFL fans in LA? You mean the ones who let two teams leave town? The only financial benefit is having a one-upmanship (over Jerrah's Dallas Pleasure Palace) as another very desirable Super Bowl site. Too bad us peons aren't going to be able to afford (I'll project) the $5,000+ price tag to actually be able to attend the game. So you do realize Jerry- the home team has never hosted a SB? Your Cow Pokes won't either- at least while you're alive.

Ag did give me hope- the Broncos gave their season ticket holders a (faint) hope of being able to score a SB ticket at face value- it's got to be on the high side of $500 now for the nosebleeds.

The owner of the Rams moved them as I remember because nobody gave a flying J about football. When the Rams have played a season the fans will disappear like before. St. Louis fans are heart broken and angry. Roger Goodell can shove it! Now he's scheduling more games in London and Mexico! This just sucks for football period! Fire Goodell, quit messing with the rules, and for God's sake when a receiver catches the ball it's a friggin catch!

Archived