THE BROWNS BOARD

Trading Down

TexasAg1969

If we package our #1 - pick 2 with Joe Thomas, I believe we could move down to #15 or #19.

Seriously, if Joe Thomas died, how would it impact the Browns?

If Joe Thomas died, you'd just find something else to bitch about. :)

can the browns for once take their fricking pick and use it instead of wheeling and dealing like sashy is some kevin costner character and they hit on 3 great picks? pick the qb. then, next!

You mean like last year when we just picked Shelton, Erving, Orchard and Duke with our actual picks?

can the browns for once take their fricking pick and use it instead of wheeling and dealing like sashy is some kevin costner character and they hit on 3 great picks? pick the qb. then, next!

LOL! It isn't how they go about picking at all. It's who they go about picking. You can make some trade downs and still pick well, IF you pick well. THAT is the Browns's problem. Sure I liked the JM pick for the Browns (just not for JM). But then I didn't spend $100,000 and not find out what a major problem he had. How did the background investigators for the Browns miss on that anyway? And why did they not know Mayle could not catch? Or that Erving could be blocked consistently into the backfield? Or that our top draft in 2014 was a head case? Makes me question their whole scouting organization. And isn't most of that still intact other that the head honchos? That does not bode well for the upcoming draft.

LOL! It isn't how the go about picking at all. It's who they go about picking. You can make some trade downs and still pick well, IF you pick well. THAT is the Browns's problem. Sure I liked the JM pick for the Browns (just not for JM).

Exactly.....the trade downs were never bad deals.....it was the ensuing picks that completely sucked.....

With the Watkins deal, we could have picked Beckham or Donald and would have made out like bandits.....it was bad picks not bad trades...

You mean like last year when we just picked Shelton, Erving, Orchard and Duke with our actual picks?

yeah chris, and they all were ROTY candidates.

i know it's not about when we pick (blah the fucking blah) but if anything this new FO should have learned is just because you can get another 2nd round pick, doesn't mean it's the right move.

i've eaten shit from walter, masterace and plenty of others for saying what a great job farmer did trading out of the 4 and picking gilbert........well, WRONGO!

you let your guy slip out of your hands for the likes of some project LB in the 4th round?

GTFO.

Archived