THE BROWNS BOARD

Canadian douche berates USA and gets shut down by ESPN reporter

DieHardBrownsFan

Equally, most people do not go to NFL games (or listen to the interviews afterwards) to hear religion they came to watch the game and listen to analysis of the game.

Maybe I need to read it again but didn't hear example including young man being asked to what did he attribute some kind of success? And he answered in part because God made it possible?

At any rate if the example you cited outrages you in any way I'd say you are a little bit too touchy. It's not like he answered "because the United States pays for healthcare and has a second Amendment, unlike Great Britain, who would do well to follow our example."

WSS

Maybe I need to read it again but didn't hear example including young man being asked to what did he attribute some kind of success? And he answered in part because God made it possible?

At any rate if the example you cited outrages you in any way I'd say you are a little bit too touchy. It's not like he answered "because the United States pays for healthcare and has a second Amendment, unlike Great Britain, who would do well to follow our example."

WSS

Sounds like I touched a nerve there. Outraged? Hardly. Annoyed, but mostly just tired and bored of it.

Sounds like I touched a nerve there. Outraged? Hardly. Annoyed, but mostly just tired and bored of it.

Blah blah blah who are you, Woody? Upset angry displeased pick whatever fucking word you like. You didn't provide a very good example.

You said it would bother you if you ask a question to a kid and he said because whatever God.

Which is different than going on a rant about how my country is better than your country.

WSS

The free market decides. If an athlete is known to preach a sermon when being interviewed and the networks are getting flooded with complaints then that athlete may very well not be asked to do interviews. If on the other hand an athlete is known to share his faith and give a breakdown of his performance and by and large there aren't any problems or complaints I don't think there is any problem.

Speaking as a Christian we are not supposed to keep our faith within the four walls of a church and Christians should be out in the open with their faith.

Speaking as a Christian we are not supposed to keep our faith within the four walls of a church and Christians should be out in the open with their faith.

but some of you take it too far. You may think the question "are you saved" is innocuous...but it's actually very offensive coming from another human being who is often severely deficient but takes it upon himself to piously ask you if you're ok with going to the fiery gates.

but some of you take it too far. You may think the question "are you saved" is innocuous...but it's actually very offensive coming from another human being who is often severely deficient but takes it upon himself to piously ask you if you're ok with going to the fiery gates.

No matter the question if a person says it is none of your business then that should end that discussion. For me personally as a Christian I did not have to get talked into it or persuaded or arm twisted it was something when I heard the gospel message I responded to it and was thankful for it. I don't think it should ever be pushed on anybody but I also think it should always be open to everyone. To accept or reject.

BTW, I was reading this interview with Brandon Marshall (not that one, the other one) about the superbowl, winning, parade other stuff. Question was something about pre-game process, and the answer was:

I make sure I pray before the game. I go out there an hour before and do my own warm-up. I have my music on and take in the moment.

This doesn't bother me at all. It's in context, it's relevant. It's not being crowbarred in. Does that help clarify it at all?

BTW, I was reading this interview with Brandon Marshall (not that one, the other one) about the superbowl, winning, parade other stuff. Question was something about pre-game process, and the answer was:

This doesn't bother me at all. It's in context, it's relevant. It's not being crowbarred in. Does that help clarify it at all?

A it does

B your hypothetical didn't see many more crowbarred than this

WSS

Archived