THE BROWNS BOARD

I hope this is not correct browns possible qb

beare

I think the issue is that they have no cap space and want to sign Von Miller, who says he wants to be the highest paid in the league and, therefore, will eat up the little $ they do have.....so, by signing Miller, they can only offer Osweiler like 10-12m....and some other teams can offer more.....

Or...they keep Osweiler and lose Miller....(which we should be HAPPY to sign)

Even though Von is worlds better, if you believe in Osweiler and it's an either/or situation in Denver, you really have to go with Osweiler.

Edit: especially with Shane Ray sitting there. Regardless of which they sign, I'd be on board with signing the other.

Also, if Sheard's presence led to decent productivity from Kruger (which it did), Von's would make an even bigger impact.

Von Miller would not be as productive on the Browns defense as he is on that Broncos D, like not even close....hope you all realize that. Teams would roll away from him all game, trap inside of him and dare our ILB's to make a play. Ther'es plenty of ways to neutralize a player like Von if he's the only real baller on the defense, which he would be in Cleveland.

With Kruger on the opposite side, what could go wrong? :lol:

Ha!....if we signed a Von type of LB, Kruger wont be lined up opposite anybody.....it'll be Orchard.....

In fact, wouldnt surprise me if they cut him just to save $5 mill in cap space and help pay for the new guy....hard to have a $7-8 million LB on the bench or playing spot duty....Thats almost as silly as paying Bowe $6 million to catch 5 passes....

Last year, Kruger was paid $200,000 plus, per tackle....let THAT soak in....

osweiller is better than anything we have on our roster right now at that position.

you want to fish for qbs why say no to him? i mean it hasn't stopped the browns from drafting/acquiring shit qbs since 99, thinking that guy would be 'the guy', why stop now?

• 2 weeks later...

Brock, post 2015 season, has proven to the NFL about what Cardale, post 2014, proved to OSU as far as the future is concerned.......Big $$ to Brock as a free agent & still unproven? No thanks. I'm with Tour...pay the rookie scale.

Mike

Brock, post 2015 season, has proven to the NFL about what Cardale, post 2014, proved to OSU as far as the future is concerned.......Big $$ to Brock as a free agent & still unproven? No thanks. I'm with Tour...pay the rookie scale.

Mike

Good post Mike! The day we played Denver - Peyton Manning kept us in the game with a pic 6 and an INT at Denver's 39 yard line. Cleveland doesn't actually provide its QBs with nearly the margin of error Denver's defense allots their QB. For example, when Denver's defense was swarming Brady the day Osweiler started - our's would have been surrendering points. Meaning Osweiler, not to be confused SB dominant caliber defense winning in spite of the QB or for him, wouldn't get that here right away. Big difference bordering on culture shock.

I think the issue is that they have no cap space and want to sign Von Miller, who says he wants to be the highest paid in the league and, therefore, will eat up the little $ they do have.....so, by signing Miller, they can only offer Osweiler like 10-12m....and some other teams can offer more.....

Or...they keep Osweiler and lose Miller....(which we should be HAPPY to sign)

He doesn't have to be highest paid. (except in his own mind) The Broncos will certainly franchise him if they can't work out a long term deal. Manning's salary coming off the books will help.

Mike

I'd only pay Osweiler that kind of money if I saw the potential to be another Manning. I don't. Goff\ Wentz. Wentz\ Goff. Guaranteed getting one of them. Last year Mariotta got $24 million, 4 years, all guaranteed.

And to the OP, I thought you were bringing up the Kaepernic rumor- just no to that overpaid guy too.

Archived