THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns cut Starks and Dray

Mudfly

Dray continuously got picked on for his blocking inadequacies last year, and he doesn't provide much as a receiving target, so it makes sense that he goes. Starks was probably serviceable, but his veteran status eats up unnecessary cap room, so see ya later. I'm not a blocking expert, but Dray's inability to routinely make blocks hurt our running game, and I heard multiple times last year "we need a dedicated blocking TE." Hopefully we can find that in free agency.

Bowe is definitely next, and his situation pretty much sealed Farmer's fate. I mean, that kind of money for virtually no production is unheard of in the NFL. You might see it in the MLB, or even NBA, but nobody gets that kind of money in the NFL for next to nothing delivered on the field. The ONLY question regarding Bowe is, was his lack of playing time due to diminished skills, or was it because Pettine wanted to stick it to Ray? We heard all season about the tension between the two men, and there were several times during the season where Bowe would've been useful. Even if he just ran down the field and STOOD there.

I'm also not sold on our RB's, and I don't think our new coach is either. I'm not saying we're going to cut Duke or Crow, not at all, but it wouldn't surprise me to see a proven free agent arrive in town. Hue has publicly stated how excited he is about our RB's, but I'm not so sure.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also not sold on our RB's, and I don't think our new coach is either. I'm not saying we're going to cut Duke or Crow, not at all, but it wouldn't surprise me to see a proven free agent arrive in town. Hue has publicly stated how excited he is about our RB's, but I'm not so sure.

Hue also brought in Terrell Watson from the Bengals PS as soon as he showed up in Cleveland.

I believe those are the Unrestricted Free Agents.

FAs... Mix of U and R with a couple of ERs thrown in for good measure. But all our "big" names are UFAs.

http://overthecap.com/free-agency/cleveland-browns

Why trade one problem child for an extreme problem child? The Cowboys grew tired of his bullshit and they put up with Dez.

So much for the whole "if Johnny were actually good we wouldn't care about his problems" argument then, I suppose.

The Cowboys are also stacked and can add a top 5 pick in every round.

Pfft... did that yesterday in my first pass at the FA sim...

I also cut Kruger and Mack and Robertson and JM and Bowe and Hartline and...

You cut Mack???....Im surprised..... Who's your center?

Wasn't Kruger brought in for Horton's defensive scheme? Might end up sticking around.

He was brought in for something....just not sure what it was. I think he's vastly overpaid and if we had someone behind him, would be a top priority in the cut column....

But, with no other LB's, my gut tells me we are stuck with him and his cement feet for at least another year....

Bowe would've been useful. Even if he just ran down the field and STOOD there.

Well....he did that a number of times.....it really wasnt useful though....

Its not just about good guy bad guy either.....if you cant stay on the field, you are no help to your team. Period.

And if your trying to improve the culture and build team chemistry, these types of guys are counter productive and create a certain level of hypocrisy in the message you trying to send....

And dealing will a mountain of crap so a guy can play a handful of games makes no sense.....so guys like Hardy, Aldon Smith, Albert Haynesworth, etc aren't worth it, because they are proven to be unreliable...simply put, you cant made tackles when you're suspended....

You cut Mack???....Im surprised..... Who's your center?

Signed Wiesnewski ;) and drafted Nick Martin... Overkill, but I was not sure Martin would fall to me. But without a proven OT backup on roster (only one was Cam), I now can move either Bito or Greco to OT if need be.

Martin would make us forget Mack in short order...

Signed Wiesnewski ;) and drafted Nick Martin... Overkill, but I was not sure Martin would fall to me. But without a proven OT backup on roster (only one was Cam), I now can move either Bito or Greco to OT if need be.

Martin would make us forget Mack in short order...

Ahhh....Wiesnewski was the guy I wanted last year....versatile and affordable....that would work for me....

Don't see Hunter making it to the 3rd, but if there, then you have to nab him.

Ahhh....Wiesnewski was the guy I wanted last year....versatile and affordable....that would work for me....

Pretty sure I knew that... Also nabbed another guy you might be interested in....

post-2853-0-59212000-1455950298_thumb.jpg

And after the FA sim I used FanSpeak's Draft, but think I'll redo with FirstPick's... just not the same without some trade action. But FanSpeak does have the compensatory picks in the sim now...

post-2853-0-85721600-1455950398_thumb.jpg

Hardy has gun play problems as opposed to Johnny just being a lazy employee with a drinking problem.

Ok, but he's elite, so who cares?

Mud you have a valid point that I would refute by saying just get rid of them if they get suspended again. So far, no evidence Hardy is going to. And I would happily pay Smith just to get the one full season over two years that he's going to give the Raiders.

Kinda what I thought when he was in Carolina also. Bosa no angel at OSU imo. Meyer can't be that honest. A proven 32 QB pressures with 6 sacks a pick & 35 tackles may add up to what Hue put up with with Burprick & Pacman Jones in his room before.This rebuild should be something to watch.

Did it really take Hardy 6-8 seconds to pressure a QB 32 times. I don't think so. 6 sacks. take away the Tits game we may have 6 all season. No wonder Singleterry was screaming "We Want Winners". Come on Hue, Get Horton some Weapons. I want to win with Weapons on or off the field at this damn point. we are literally dying off for a winner here again..

You guys wouldn't trade Johnny for Greg Hardy? An elite talent? Y'all serious? Ridiculous.

I'm surprised we cut Starks. Good player. Certainly thought we had worse on the DL. I know, I know, he got that one critical taunting penalty. God forbid. Like no good player has ever done that.

Farmer still winning the battle versus Pettine on Bowe so far.

Bowe is as good as gone March 9th

Its not just about good guy bad guy either.....if you cant stay on the field, you are no help to your team. Period.

And if your trying to improve the culture and build team chemistry, these types of guys are counter productive and create a certain level of hypocrisy in the message you trying to send....

And dealing will a mountain of crap so a guy can play a handful of games makes no sense.....so guys like Hardy, Aldon Smith, Albert Haynesworth, etc aren't worth it, because they are proven to be unreliable...simply put, you cant made tackles when you're suspended....

Yup, Hue says character is gonna matter. Hardy might be a great player, but he'd probably be in jail if he didn't pay the ex-GF off to drop charges.

1 season does not a player make. He owns the Panthers sack record and he had 4 sacks in one game.

Bet he also owns the Panthers arsenal record too. Would have gotten the Ray Rice treatment, if Jerry didn't tell Goodell to back off.

Yup, Hue says character is gonna matter. Hardy might be a great player, but he'd probably be in jail if he didn't pay the ex-GF off to drop charges.

Right....lets be real....the Browns have been burned over and over again with these kinds of guys.....they'd be insane to bring in any more "known" character issues.....completely insane....

And, if they do, then I know they have the wrong guys running the show....again....

amen to that...

Right....lets be real....the Browns have been burned over and over again with these kinds of guys.....they'd be insane to bring in any more "known" character issues.....completely insane....

And, if they do, then I know they have the wrong guys running the show....again....

Most guys with perceived character issues get their shit together eventually. I dont give a fuck what these guys are like off the field, I want W's. Draft the guys who fall due to character concerns. Sign guys like Aldon Smith and Greg Hardy. Bet we would have loved La'el Collins in the 7th Rd last year, we would be creaming in our pants of we would have drafted Mathieu. Without this being a viable landing spot for top FA's we have to take risks to get the most talent we can through those doors.

Archived