THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Jack

Flyin J

My memory on Mingo was that he was more potential due to his amazing athleticism, than a guy who put up great #'s....

In defense of that pick, the whole first round sucked.....everyone got crap, not just us.....easily the worst draft year ever.

Yep, looking back there have been hardly any top players - fisher? joeckel? dion jordan?ej manuel? tavon austin? pass.

My memory on Mingo was that he was more potential due to his amazing athleticism, than a guy who put up great #'s....

Eight sacks and 15 TFL his Soph year...

Eight sacks and 15 TFL his Soph year...

Yeah....a pretty good year(not amazing)....then a drop off....and a scouting report that said amazing athlete, but a poor finisher and no real signs of improvement year to year...(which is exactly what we got)

And last year zero sacks. What's wrong with this picture?

Well.....hoping that changes this year....Horton did get good production from him the year he was here and he say's he will be rushing the QB more.....so we shall see if it happens....and if he can tackle the QB once he gets there.....

I'm not sure of Jack's stats, as stats are not my thing, but like I said I've seen all of Jack's games and the dude makes plays all over the field and is always around the ball. The last time a defensive player on UCLA stood out on game day like Jack did, it was E Rock.

Almost time to watch men in shorts and tank tops somehow change the minds of supposedly smart football people........... My pop-corn is ready. :lol:

Alrighty then....some interesting updates on linebackers.....

My boy Myles Jack didnt participate in any drills, but is still reaping high praise and actually moving up the last few rungs of the draft ladder....looking like a slam dunk top 5 for sure....

1) He weighed in at....245#.....so the listed weight is true, which is GREAT!

2) The knee was highly scrutinized and seems to have passed with flying colors.....and Jack says he's near 100% right now....

3) Some scouts are saying he is the overall #1 prospect...yep, better than Tunsil or Bosa.....just sayin....

Here's a nice article saying what Ive been saying all along(just supporting the position ;) )

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000639675/article/scout-ucla-lb-myles-jack-is-nfl-drafts-best-player

Jaylon Smiths knee did NOT pass muster and is raising eyebrows....there were rumors he was healing fast and would surprise at the combine, but ...not so.....the knee looks "bad" and his draft stock is plummeting this very second.....if you listen closely, you can almost hear it falling.....

And Darron Lee....a guy I love, but had figured for too late to take in the first and too soon to take in the second....but WOW....he ran a 4.47, which is faster than 90% of the WR class.....thats something, right there, because we already know the guy can play lights out!

Well if we are dead set on drafting a QB then surely someone after us is very interested in moving up to get Jack. Interesting to see how the analytics FO Havaaad guys handle this. Or will they just revert to the old ways and reach for the QB.

Darron Lee put up the numbers I expected from Jack, and we may be able to get him at 32....

The key for me for any LB like Lee who has the physical tools is how smart they are. Do they study the other team's offense and learn all the subtle keys that tell them really early where to go? That is what separates the good ones from the great ones IMHO.

I didn't see enough OSU games to know if Lee can do that. Opinions?

The key for me for any LB like Lee who has the physical tools is how smart they are. Do they study the other team's offense and learn all the subtle keys that tell them really early where to go? That is what separates the good ones from the great ones IMHO.

I didn't see enough OSU games to know if Lee can do that. Opinions?

McMillan called the shots on the defense, but Lee was consistently the first one to the ball. Seemed like once or twice a game he would blow an easy tackle, but I wouldnt say its an issue. Hes a smart kid who will put in the work. I would be thrilled with him at 32.

• 1 month later...

And we always seem to come up with 22. I swear if that number is our pick.... I can't even bear to dwell on that

LOL..... 22 = BUSTED!

Clearly we need to trade one slot higher!

Archived