THE BROWNS BOARD

HRC Manipulates the media, supports trade deals that she pretends to oppose publicly

bbedward

Or the idea that nobody cares about voting for a fringe candidate.

WSS

I think Ross Perot was more than a fringe candidate in 92. Although he had no chance of winning he was able to give the election to Bill Clinton by splitting the vote and that is all another party can do right now.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's unlikely but you could see bernie and the trumpet as independents this year, since both seem to feel so strongly about running. *that* would be a damn interesting election.

Interesting for sure but they would just play the role of spoilers for the two main parties. There is too much money in politics and the status quo of the two party system doesn't look it will change anytime soon. Trump has kind of upset the apple cart a little bit because of his wealth and ability to self fund. Sanders could probably get a good amount of grass roots donations.

Let the people decide. Everyone has a right to their views and what is wacky on one side seems like common sense on the other side. What is an extreme position? Being pro life for example? I think the pro abortion side are the extremists. Right now I don't think the republicans can win elections without the evangelical Christian vote. Don't think the Christian voters in the republican side will stand idly by and vote for republican candidates with democrat ideas on social issues. They would leave the republican party by the millions and then the people can have elections where you can vote for the democratic party or the republican democrat lite party.

No, Pro life is not extreme. But being pro life and also blocking sex education and contraceptives is just stupid. that would be extreme.

Probably many feel that way but unfortunately the republican party knows that they need us to win elections. For now anyway.

so you're cutting off your nose to spite your face in other words. "If you won't hate gays and such we'll just essentially vote for the democrats that are against EVERYTHING we stand for"

Many of the third parties represent the minority.

The green party is probably the biggest, and is more far-left types like Bernie. I could see it getting a decent chunk of vote if Bernie loses the nomination.

Libertarian party is there too.

The problem isn't necessarily money it's that the platforms of the third parties represent a fringe part of the population.

The steps to fixing the two party system requires taking corporations and special interests out of campaign finance - not an easy task. Other than that it'd likely involve voting yes or no for every candidate - not just for one. Then the person with the most net Yes' would be the winner. Make election day a national holiday too, etc. Bipartisan politics has always been - and always will be a bad thing. People are loyal to their party and financial backers - not the American people.

No, Pro life is not extreme. But being pro life and also blocking sex education and contraceptives is just stupid. that would be extreme.

Let's take the issue of contraceptives. I'm for anything that prevents conception. But should schools hand out behind parent's back contraceptives? I don't think so.

Seattle 6th Graders Can’t Get a Coke at School, But Can Get an IUD

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/kathleen-brown/seattle-6th-graders-cant-get-coke-school-can-get-iud

Let's take the issue of contraceptives. I'm for anything that prevents conception. But should schools hand out behind parent's back contraceptives? I don't think so.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/kathleen-brown/seattle-6th-graders-cant-get-coke-school-can-get-iud

Would a stifling and unfair parent rather have a grandchild out of wedlock that they have to deal with? Or see their little princess get an abortion at 14?

The better answer is that the parents get realistic and understand that God isn't stopping anyone from having sex, and that all kids are experimental and are going to try it sooner or later and that it isn't a reflection on your parenting or God if little mercedes is exploring her sexuality.

so you're cutting off your nose to spite your face in other words. "If you won't hate gays and such we'll just essentially vote for the democrats that are against EVERYTHING we stand for"

I became a republican on their social issues. I later fell in line with them on fiscal issues. I would not stand with republicans on fiscal issues alone. Since Roe v Wade the republicans have always put up a pro life candidate and the democrats a pro choice candidate. I would never vote for a pro choice candidate and I am sure there are millions of other Christians as well who feel that way.

I don't see what the parents would have to do with contraceptions to be honest.

We charge these school systems with educating children but want them to stop short of educating children on something that is going to make a real world difference, when we as parents are obviously not doing a good enough job of it ourselves. If you're not going to teach your kid about sex except "God says it's a sin to do it" I would hope to god somebody is looking out for their best interests.

Aren't parent responsible for their children? You can't have it both ways demanding parents take responsibility for their children's actions and then behind their backs hand out contraception.

I think contraception is precisely the kind of thing that kids should be able to access behind their parents' backs. As mentioned before, stifling and overbearing parents preaching abstinence only are just increasing the chances of having to decide between their 14-year-old giving birth and having an abortion.

To make something clear - contraceptions don't encourage people to have sex. That happens naturally, and is a perfectly normal thing, and with contraception is absolutely not a problem.

I think contraception is precisely the kind of thing that kids should be able to access behind their parents' backs. As mentioned before, stifling and overbearing parents preaching abstinence only are just increasing the chances of having to decide between their 14-year-old giving birth and having an abortion.

To make something clear - contraceptions don't encourage people to have sex. That happens naturally, and is a perfectly normal thing, and with contraception is absolutely not a problem.

And as mentioned before responsible parents should not have schools giving their children contraceptives behind the parents back.

word

Im gonna go all woody and question your source.

Seattle high school sparks outrage over policy which allows it to give IUD contraceptives to girls as young as ELEVEN - without seeking permission from parents

As Ive mentioned before I am strongly anti abortion and as part of that, and living in the real world, I realize that children are going to have sex. So in order to stop abortions from happening we have to be on top of stopping conceptions from happening. God is not going to do that. Only we can do that, and I will be damned if I have a fundamentalist religious person stand in the way. You can't have it both ways. You've got to give.

where the hell are we when 6th graders need contraceptives? seriously...fuck this country. Fuck the left, fuck the right...fuck all y'all. This shit is just stupid at this point. If I was god I would have turned the lights out on this place a good bit ago.

Are you high? In the good old days proper christian girls were married and having kids at 12 or 13 years old.

Im gonna go all woody and question your source.

Seattle high school sparks outrage over policy which allows it to give IUD contraceptives to girls as young as ELEVEN - without seeking permission from parents

The Daily Mail - it's basically fox news. Also, in that article:

Earlier this week CNS News reported that a spokesperson for the Washington State Health Care Authority Take Charge program, which is targeted at girls and women of all ages who do not have health insurance, said that underage students are eligible for a 'full array of covered family planning services' at school-based clinics if their parents meet the program’s requirements'.

So in answer to your question; I would rather the schools hand out IUDs behind the parents' backs than have a glut of unwanted teenage pregnancies end in either abortion or the abandonment of the child by the parent.

Then it comes back to what some think are whacky ideas.

The Daily Mail - it's basically fox news. Also, in that article:

I could have listed many more sources with just a quick google search. The article is true.

What's the parents' responsibility in this case then?

I will put it back on you. Why do we want government to be the parents instead of the actual parents on personal decisions like this. In juvenile court we want to hold parents accountable if they are out past curfew or not going to school etc....so now we have the government able to do things like hand out contraceptives behind parents back but yet hold parents accountable for their children's behavior?

Archived