THE BROWNS BOARD

HRC Manipulates the media, supports trade deals that she pretends to oppose publicly

bbedward

The 11-year old comment I'm sure is an exaggeration. It's also "girls who want them" Basically this school has 11 year olds so they're shoving IUDs up in them.

No, any girl who wants birth control can get it. I think that's a good thing - 14, 15, 16, 17 year olds start to have sex too, it doesn't begin at 18. I say if they want it - give it to them no questions asked. IUDs have to be received from a doctor, though.

The government isn't making the decision - they're giving young girls the ability to make the decision.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will put it back on you. Why do we want government to be the parents instead of the actual parents on personal decisions like this.

That doesn't really make much sense. What exactly are the government doing that parents should be doing?

Are you high? In the good old days proper christian girls were married and having kids at 12 or 13 years old.

My first 'girl friend' was 12 when she started banging people. She went to Nazarath Academy. A good Catholic girl. Yes, all you young ones, it happened back then too.

I'm talking about this specific instance, if you don't mind.

Not going to beat a dead horse I made my point. It is all about parental rights. I don't see how on one hand government can hand out contraceptives to minor children behind parent's backs (because it is the minor child's decision) yet want to hold parents accountable for their minor children's actions (because they are not old enough or mature enough yet to make good decisions).

The schools aren't shoving it down their throats (or shoving it up their....wherever)

They just give the kids the option without having to ask their parents for permission, parents should not be refusing their kids contraception I think that's the main point - but many do because they're too dumb to realize all that does is get them prego.

"technically" girls can start having sex as young as 8 or 9. But fuck any of you that think "well those were just the times". It was fucked back then, it's fucked now. At that age girls should just be starting to think about boys and maybe give a few old fashion's here and there....but having to worry about getting pregnant? man where the fuck are we? I don't give a fuck if this was standard OP 2-3000 years ago....just means this place has been fucked a good while longer than any you would probably care to admit.

"technically" girls can start having sex as young as 8 or 9. But fuck any of you that think "well those were just the times". It was fucked back then, it's fucked now. At that age girls should just be starting to think about boys and maybe give a few old fashion's here and there....but having to worry about getting pregnant? man where the fuck are we? I don't give a fuck if this was standard OP 2-3000 years ago....just means this place has been fucked a good while longer than any you would probably care to admit.

Why should girls (and boys) who have reached puberty not have sex? Nobody's talking about the school marrying off kids, this isn't India, or Utah.

I don't think you have made your point. But maybe you have and I'm being slow or missed it. Try it again for me? What is wrong with what the schools are doing in this case?

The parents are responsible for their children not the government. It takes parents to raise a child not a village or a government. If a parent is fine with a public school dispensing contraceptives to their minor children behind the parents back then let them willingly sign a waiver. What about the rights of the parents who don't want public schools handing out contraceptives behind their backs? I did not have to wrestle with the problem as I sent my children to private Christian schools but what about the majority of parents who aren't able financially to send their children to private school? These parents have no choice. The government has made the decision it is the minor chlld's decision and not theirs as parents.

The parents are responsible for their children not the government. It takes parents to raise a child not a village or a government. If a parent is fine with a public school dispensing contraceptives to their minor children behind the parents back then let them willingly sign a waiver. What about the rights of the parents who don't want public schools handing out contraceptives behind their backs? I did not have to wrestle with the problem as I sent my children to private Christian schools but what about the majority of parents who aren't able financially to send their children to private school? These parents have no choice. The government has made the decision it is the minor chlld's decision and not theirs as parents.

And what about giving these kids contraceptives is taking away the 'parental rights' to raise a child? Would it be the same if the school was giving them medicine? Or food? Or clothes?

And what about giving these kids contraceptives is taking away the 'parental rights' to raise a child? Would it be the same if the school was giving them medicine? Or food? Or clothes?

Apples and oranges comparison. The only good and fair answer is that if schools have a policy to hand out contraceptives to minor children behind the parents back then parents who are opposed to that should be able to opt out of the policy. Many parents because of democratic teachers unions (who oppose any competition in our public schools) are forced to send their children to public schools and they should not give up their rights to raise their own children without the government telling them they know best. Michelle Obama's heavy handed approach in student meals is but another example. I for one don't want a nanny state where we rely on government to decide everything for us.

The only good and fair answer is that if schools have a policy to hand out contraceptives to minor children behind the parents back then parents who are opposed to that should be able to opt out of the policy.

This completely defeats the purpose of the policy.

I would guess that we have very different parenting styles. Granted I have all boys except for my (currently in utero) youngest and I may not be happy when they start having sex but I know I can't prevent it and so will give them every advantage to the point where they won't have to depend on a school for it.

I would guess that we have very different parenting styles. Granted I have all boys except for my (currently in utero) youngest and I may not be happy when they start having sex but I know I can't prevent it and so will give them every advantage to the point where they won't have to depend on a school for it.

Exactly, what are you going to do, force your children to wear chastity devices? Follow them everywhere and make sure there's no slap and tickle? No, you give them the contraceptives if they ask and trust that you've done a good enough job as a parent that you won't be a premature grandparent.

Archived