THE BROWNS BOARD

Kasich signs bill that takes $1.3 million in funding from Planned Parenthood

VaporTrail

And where will that money go?

WSS

To healthcare organizations that don't perform abortions. Not sure how it's decided as to who gets what. Either way, they're established as the largest reproductive health provider in the country, meaning that they already have the pieces in place to give people the treatment they need. While there are definitely other hospitals who will take the money, I'm not sure how many of them will have the extent of resources that PP does. Hopefully, there won't be any change in availability of care to Ohioans, but I have my doubts.

No government money goes to abortions via the Hyde amendment. Only in cases of rape or incest will they foot the bill.

All this does is limit access to preventative health services and contraception - likely increasing the amount of miscarriages and abortions. "But you can just go somewhere else"

Good job, governor.

No government money goes to abortions via the Hyde amendment. Only in cases of rape or incest will they foot the bill.

All this does is limit access to preventative health services and contraception - likely increasing the amount of miscarriages and abortions. "But you can just go somewhere else"

Good job, governor.

Not to mention the visits for pregnant women who are receiving prenatal care. This is so disappointing. Didn't something like this get overturned in Texas, recently? I wonder if there's any precedent to get it overturned here.

Not to mention the visits for pregnant women who are receiving prenatal care. This is so disappointing. Didn't something like this get overturned in Texas, recently? I wonder if there's any precedent to get it overturned here.

Idk about Texas, I know they filed charges against the people responsible for the PP videos for falsifying documents. I think they're investigation of PP is still underway, though I'm not sure about the funding.

That's why I added miscarriages and such - making these kinds of services less available is doing way more harm than good.

And where will that money go?

WSS

Probably to his Charter School buddies.

The timing of this is kind of weird to me. The guy was doing a great job of impersonating a moderate-type of Republican during all the televised debates. I wonder if his Tea Party backers were getting pissed at him, told him to make a move more right ASAP.

Just for fun let's pretend that whatever organization that now gets a windfall from the governor in the way of a million and a half bucks has had their budget cut by that much instead.

Can you imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth over this noble institution that provides so much indispensable work for the needy people of Ohio?

:(

WSS

Just for fun let's pretend that whatever organization that now gets a windfall from the governor in the way of a million and a half bucks has had their budget cut by that much instead.

Can you imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth over this noble institution that provides so much indispensable work for the needy people of Ohio?

:(

WSS

That basically has already happened WSS. He slashed the Municipal Govt fund, put thst money towards balancing the state budget.

Communities that relied on that money to operate, like paving streets or garbage collection for example, now outsource garbage or don't pave streets.

It's a weird shell game. Makes one politician look great, and another politician look bad. Either way, it doesn't look healthy.

That basically has already happened WSS. He slashed the Municipal Govt fund, put thst money towards balancing the state budget.

Communities that relied on that money to operate, like paving streets or garbage collection for example, now outsource garbage or don't pave streets.

It's a weird shell game. Makes one politician look great, and another politician look bad. Either way, it doesn't look healthy.

Maybe, Bob, but of course that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about whatever agency winds up getting the money he cut from Planned Parenthood. I don't give much of a shit about abortion and I don't give much of a shit about Planned Parenthood.

And taking money from one program to balance the state budget? So what? Pay me now or pay me later.

WSS

Maybe, Bob, but of course that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about whatever agency winds up getting the money he cut from Planned Parenthood. I don't give much of a shit about abortion and I don't give much of a shit about Planned Parenthood.

And taking money from one program to balance the state budget? So what? Pay me now or pay me later.

WSS

One of the issues is that some of these hospitals may actually dissuade abortion by delaying until it's too late for it to be done. A hospital in Michigan was recently caught doing this, resulting in miscarriages and infection in 6 women. Unacceptable.

One of the issues is that some of these hospitals may actually dissuade abortion by delaying until it's too late for it to be done. A hospital in Michigan was recently caught doing this, resulting in miscarriages and infection in 6 women. Unacceptable.

So it's about ideology? Because some of these facilities that do the same work might have a slim chance of trying to dissuade someone from abortion?

Do you suppose anyone in the Planned Parenthood organization has ever tries to guide someone toward an abortion?

I realize the left is going to need to dig up things to demonize the other clinics. That's what we do.

WSS

So it's about ideology? Because some of these facilities that do the same work might have a slim chance of trying to dissuade someone from abortion?

Do you suppose anyone in the Planned Parenthood organization has ever tries to guide someone toward an abortion?

I realize the left is going to need to dig up things to demonize the other clinics. That's what we do.

WSS

In part, yes, the ideology matters.

And no, guiding someone towards a specific outcome is NOT what happens at Planned Parenthood. The number of patients I've seen there who were happy when they found out they were pregnant far outnumbers the ones who were there seeking an abortion.

I'm pro-choice. If I ever suggest to a pregnant woman in a non-life threatening pregancy that she should get an abortion, then I don't deserve to have a medical license. The same goes for any health professional. Your job as a maternity care provider is to see what there concerns are, see what they want to do, and then if they ask about certain procedures, you tell them.

What you're suggesting would be an instance of a Planned Parenthood healthcare provider going off of protocol to push an abortion. The difference is that the protocols at many Catholic hospitals come from directives written by the bishops of the Catholic Church. These directives are in many cases, at odds with promoting maternal health.

Archived