THE BROWNS BOARD

Combine Week 2016... Event and Broadcast Schedules

Tour2ma

I love this week. It's full of surprises and disappointments, dark horses and show ponies.

Following a couple days of interviews, tests and exams the field activities start Friday with the RBs and OL.

Big day Saturday with the QBs and both of our potential picks at #2 expected to throw.

********************************************************************************************

Here's a complete list of the players invited to the combine.

When: Tuesday, Feb. 23 through Monday, Feb. 29
Where: Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis
Mental and medical aspects: The on-field workouts make up just one component of a prospect's combine experience. A prospect also spends time meeting with teams (coaches, GMs, personnel/scouting directors) for interviews and other mental tests. Another portion of the combine is the medical examination, when teams gather info on the prospects.
TV: NFL Network
Live stream: Get the NFL Combine Live feed here

The Live NFL Network broadcast schedule goes as follows:

FRIDAY, FEB. 26
9 a.m.-4 p.m.: Running backs, offensive line, and special teams workouts
8 p.m.-11 p.m.: Combine Primetime wrap-up/analysis show

SATURDAY, FEB. 27
9 a.m.-4 p.m.: Quarterbacks, wide receivers, and tight ends workouts

SUNDAY, FEB. 28
9 a.m.-4 p.m.: Defensive line and linebackers workouts

MONDAY, FEB. 29
9 a.m.-2 p.m.: Defensive backs workouts
8 p.m.-9 p.m.: Combine Primetime wrap-up/analysis show

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2016/02/nfl_combine_2016_tv_schedule_l.html

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this week. It's full of surprises and disappointments, dark horses and show ponies.

Following a couple days of interviews, tests and exams the field activities start Friday with the RBs and OL.

Big day Saturday with the QBs and both of our potential picks at #2 expected to throw.

********************************************************************************************

Thanks for posting this Tour! Can't wait! I gotta tell my wife this is a lot like the Westminster Dog Show you had us watching last week but with better haircuts. Something tells me I'm going to get reminded why man caves exist...

One of our Buckeye's I'm going to be watching closely is Vannett. I think he has an excellent pro career ahead of him and I'm certain he'll light up the combine.

Newton says he don't get nervous & loves the spotlight & pressure situations. 12 Gage Cardale Jones has Combine & Pro Day to prove he's not that bad at it either. Let's See..

One of our Buckeye's I'm going to be watching closely is Vannett. I think he has an excellent pro career ahead of him and I'm certain he'll light up the combine.

Ohio State has a lot of intriguing prospects this year. It's going to be fun to see when and where they go. I just hope the Ratbirds don't end up with Zeke Elliott.

Yep, ya never know what ur gonna see, like Byron Jones breaking the world record in the standing broad jump.

Edit: This is interesting. Make me look good Derrick.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-draft-combine-alabama-crimson-tide-derrick-henry-phil-savage-podcast-022216

I like the consistent measurables that come out of the Combine, but to me, the most important parts are interviews & testing.

I have never understood combine studs (run faster, jump higher) passing guys who have clearly out-performed them "on field" for 2-4 years.

The Combine is key in the tiebreaker sense.

Mike

Thanks for posting this Tour! Can't wait! I gotta tell my wife this is a lot like the Westminster Dog Show you had us watching last week but with better haircuts. Something tells me I'm going to get reminded why man caves exist...

Tom, there's always a seat in "The Cave" waiting if she boots ya! LOL

Mike

Women call those Doghouses Flugs. All are welcome. :P

I don't want to derail the thread here, but man Ohio State was loaded with NFL talent (and still is). All 14 guys from the combine will likely be drafted all but 2-3 being top third round talent. A shame they couldn't turn that into back to back championships.

To get back on thread though, one guy perhaps "under the radar" from Ohio State who I've always liked is Darron Lee. The guy is a sure tackler who always seems to be in good position.

I don't want to derail the thread here, but man Ohio State was loaded with NFL talent (and still is). All 14 guys from the combine will likely be drafted all but 2-3 being top third round talent. A shame they couldn't turn that into back to back championships.

To get back on thread though, one guy perhaps "under the radar" from Ohio State who I've always liked is Darron Lee. The guy is a sure tackler who always seems to be in good position.

With the success Carolina had using Shaq Thompson, I have little doubt Darren's name will be quiet for much longer.

Tom, there's always a seat in "The Cave" waiting if she boots ya! LOL

Mike

Damn, I built the Cave, and the wife took it over. For watching 30 episodes of the Walking Dead, House Hunters International, the Food Channel, and "The Real Housewives of (pick a city)". When that crap comes on, it's time for me to get out of Dodge. Let me just say I can put you on the beach for Saving Private Ryan, or the front row of an AC\DC concert. I got 1,000+ clean watts and I'm not afraid to use 'em. I even put a pretty nice system in the bedroom, but that's not good enough honey.

So now it's a "cavette"?

Only lacked a QB...

Just what I said about Henry a month ago... the 3-cone will make or break his draft. ;)

I heard to day that Treadwell is not going to run the 40. Will opt to wait until his Pro Day. In same segment in was mentioned that Indy's field is considered to be a "slow track". First I'd heard that...

Here is a late round Ag to watch for in the combine, Punter Drew Kaser. "However, here’s a statistic that no team will look past: Kaser broke Shane Lechler's school record with a 47.4-yard average in 2013 and then topped it again in 2015 (47.47). In 2000, Lechler was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the fifth round and has been named All-Pro nine times."

T, We realize there only drills but what drills do OL coaches truly factor high to low? thanks.

Can't say for sure, but those that relate to explosion have to top the list... those would include:

• the 10-yd split in the 40,
  • the vertical jump, and
  • the standing broad jump.

I love the 3-cone for an agility check, but could see the 20-yd shuttle being preferred since it is less technique driven. But as much as either of these the pro scouts love seeing the drills the OL prospects are put through.

The one measure I have no idea how high it's valued is the bench press reps. Seeing the snap in the first few may well be bigger than the total number. Where either ranks... dunno... So long as a player posts in an expected range, I don't think total matters.

OL today. we may need some. On Saturday WR's 40 Treadwell will not run. Now add Cory Coleman WR Baylor (medical recovery) will run at Pro Day in April per his radio interview Thursday NFL radio..

Thanks Mike!

How many other knuckleheads beside me took work off today to watch grown men work out? I love exercise - I could watch it all day.

Damn I love a Mailman with a sub. RCA (knucklehead) here all weekend. Where's my check? Not today people..

Archived