THE BROWNS BOARD

Combine Week 2016... Event and Broadcast Schedules

Tour2ma

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OL today. we may need some. On Saturday WR's 40 Treadwell will not run. Now add Cory Coleman WR Baylor (medical recovery) will run at Pro Day in April per his radio interview Thursday NFL radio..

While the linemen are running the 40s, Mayock said he's a big fan of the former heavy weight wrestlers on the oline from an insight about what the balance and leverage projects. Makes sense.

40's 1.Conklin 2.Brendel 3.Glasco 4.Haeg 5.Dahl my leaders in the clubhouse. Dreams do come true in K'ers Balt. tags Justin Tucker. Joshua Garnett is a huge man at 5.30/1.83 10 split

I think Elliot and Henry have solidified 1 & 2 though Henry showed the better hands. Henry may have just moved into the 1st round. Seattle needs a bell cow now for a run oriented O.

Edit: Just a little tidbit of information on Henry. "Henry's 37-inch vertical is 1.5 inches shy of former Crimson Tide receiver and Atlanta Falcons star Julio Jones (220 pounds) and one inch away from New York Giants' receiver Odell Beckham Jr. (198)."

Welcome Back Keith Marshall Sleeper RB(4.31) tore ACL 2013 at Georgia. Played in Raleigh, NC @Millbrook. Keith Marshall & Todd Gurley hold a ton of N.C. track records. Yes, Keith's hands are 9 3/8" so he can catch & fly :P OL Jason Spriggs, Conklin, Brendel, Thuney & Dahl solid days..

I think Elliot and Henry have solidified 1 & 2 though Henry showed the better hands. Henry may have just moved into the 1st round. Seattle needs a bell cow now for a run oriented O.

Edit: Just a little tidbit of information on Henry. "Henry's 37-inch vertical is 1.5 inches shy of former Crimson Tide receiver and Atlanta Falcons star Julio Jones (220 pounds) and one inch away from New York Giants' receiver Odell Beckham Jr. (198)."

Good points! Henry looks like he could be a more powerful version of Eric Dickerson. I didn't realize he had such a big upper body until today. I thought he'd be ripped just not as thick.

Henry 3-cone time 7.20... 20-yd shuttle 4.38... good, but not great... Did post fine Vert and standing broad numbers though. And did not shy from any of the workouts.

Henry 3-cone time 7.20... 20-yd shuttle 4.38... good, but not great... Did post fine Vert and standing broad numbers though. And did not shy from any of the workouts.

Well put. He's not Barry Sanders with the change of direction or stop and start stuff. As you said somewhere else - the jumps show us explosiveness and power. He did well with that.

There's really nothing the bench press can show me about the caliber of football player Zeke Elliott is. If anyone wants a RB that does it all (especially blocking) - Zeke's my favorite RB in this draft. Room for improvement I see with him would be catching the ball with his hands as the commentators pointed out. Not that he's bad, it just looks like others have had more experience doing that.

Speaking of catching the ball, did you see that rock quarry for hands Fred Taylor's son had yesterday? Poor kid. If Farmer was still around, that kid would be a Cleveland Brown this April.

Henry is known at Bama for his leadership based on being a workout freak who could be counted on down the stretch. Those back to back 40+ carry weeks at the end of the season when he showed to get stronger the last carries of the game told me all I need to know about durability. Pete Carroll is going to steal him in the 1st to replace Beastmode. That is the kind of back he needs for that offense to work well at game's end. He said several weeks ago he was going to ace the combine by working hard every day to accomplish that goal. He will not be the Bama back who shows up in training camp overweight and out of shape. He's not made that way. That is the kind of player the Browns need. Too bad we have so many defensive needs as well. Henry is still my pick of the draft to improve some lucky team from day 1. Carroll has the opportunity to take him just like he did my last year's pick, Tyler Lockett.

Not a compelling comparison, Ag...

Lynch had a combination of power and agility that was unusual. He did a lot of cutting and juking in his longer runs. His Combine's 3-cone was 7.05. But he is a much more compact RB at 5'11 and 215, so it was his power that really surprised.

Speed was a push, however, with identical 40's and virtually identical 10-yd splits.

Henry did post a significant edge in the 20-yd shuttle... so he's got that going for him... ;)

Jamal Lewis might be a better comp for Henry... and that would not be all bad. May come down to field vision and I do think Henry has that.

Can't say for sure, but those that relate to explosion have to top the list... those would include:

• the 10-yd split in the 40,
  • the vertical jump, and
  • the standing broad jump.

I love the 3-cone for an agility check, but could see the 20-yd shuttle being preferred since it is less technique driven. But as much as either of these the pro scouts love seeing the drills the OL prospects are put through.

The one measure I have no idea how high it's valued is the bench press reps. Seeing the snap in the first few may well be bigger than the total number. Where either ranks... dunno... So long as a player posts in an expected range, I don't think total matters.

Nailed it again our friend :). Watched tape on C Brendel with his combine #'s. I see him as a wimp & light at 286 which would reflect his numbers to 301-307lb'ers? now man crush on T Springs if 2nd round (Schwartz)? T Haeg, G Garnett, G McGovern rised by eyebrows possibilities late. C (Mack?) still totally up in the air with? Whitehair 16 bench, just Wow :mad:

Yeah that bench by Cody was a shocker... and Spriggs did shine. Was surprised at the latter's 31 reps on the bench.

Have yet to watch the second OL group, but have seen the results. Stanley, the supposed #2 prospect that I did not "get" on tape, showed to be stiff in both the 3-cone and shuttle where Conklin, another one I did not "see" on tape, tested fine.

Agree on Haeg, but also liked Cole Toner's (the Harvard kid) workout. Confirmed what I saw on tape, but the competition level was too low to really gauge him.

Anyway... nice first day, but today is THE day....

Yeah that bench by Cody was a shocker... and Spriggs did shine. Was surprised at the latter's 31 reps on the bench.

Have yet to watch the second OL group, but have seen the results. Stanley, the supposed #2 prospect that I did not "get" on tape, showed to be stiff in both the 3-cone and shuttle where Conklin, another one I did not "see" on tape, tested fine.

Agree on Haeg, but also liked Cole Toner's (the Harvard kid) workout. Confirmed what I saw on tape, but the competition level was too low to really gauge him.

Anyway... nice first day, but today is THE day....

It really is THE day. Props to you - you've been an animal with all the pre-draft goodies especially the offensive line. Thanks man! Terrific job - I'm glad you're willing to swim against the current of popular opinion.

When I catchup on film I'll try to dig your stuff back up and share some perception.

It really is THE day. Props to you - you've been an animal with all the pre-draft goodies especially the offensive line. Thanks man! Terrific job - I'm glad you're willing to swim against the current of popular opinion.

When I catchup on film I'll try to dig your stuff back up and share some perception.

Ah sees what ah sees... right, wrong or in between. Look forward to your takes...

On the QB drills... really cheesed that when they ran out of WRs on a given route that they reset the QB rotation back to #1 rather than just keep the QBs rolling. Saw a lot less of Goff as they did it...

Really strong work in the truck during that 2nd QB group running the 40...

Open mics...

Random cuts to stands, coaches, talking heads...

Before today, if Goff was not a reach @2 than Wentz proved today,neither is he. Hue will get HIS guy. Now we got a competition of who wants to go at #2. It's a good day to be a Brown. Woof Woof!! Am moving on to pick 32 (now there's a Dawg fight)

Before today, if Goff was not a reach @2 than Wentz proved today,neither is he. Hue will get HIS guy. Now we got a competition of who wants to go at #2. It's a good day to be a Brown. Woof Woof!! Am moving on to pick 32 (now there's a Dawg fight)

Prove is a bit strong, but I get what you are saying. Neither looks to be a "bad" choice at #2, but without a doubt one will prove to have been the better choice.

So those of us that want to argue about our most important pick, still have that... plus there's the tiny Bosa bandwagon... always fun with them... ;)

Interesting day today with the DL...

• Sheldon Day regained my attention.
  • Ogbah posted some insane numbers.
  • Rankings reinforced everything I thought he might be.
  • Buckner may have threatened Bosa's spot as the first DL off the board, especially if a 3-4 team has the pick.

Time to find out who Charles Tapper is....

Archived