THE BROWNS BOARD

Combine Week 2016... Event and Broadcast Schedules

Tour2ma

Prove is a bit strong, but I get what you are saying. Neither looks to be a "bad" choice at #2, but without a doubt one will prove to have been the better choice.

So those of us that want to argue about our most important pick, still have that... plus there's the tiny Bosa bandwagon... always fun with them... ;)

After watching the workouts at the combine, (and the chalk talk with Mooch) I'm now officially in the "I'm sitting on the QB fence Camp." Wentz is growing on me fast, and Goff proved he has plenty of arm if given enough time. Pick us a good one Hue.

I think it's time to fold up Camp Lynch- if there ever was one. I saw some mighty erratic throws Saturday.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting day today with the DL...

• Sheldon Day regained my attention.
  • Ogbah posted some insane numbers.
  • Rankings reinforced everything I thought he might be.
  • Buckner may have threatened Bosa's spot as the first DL off the board, especially if a 3-4 team has the pick.

Time to find out who Charles Tapper is....

If Day can't find a way to glue his helmet to his hair, he'll be out every other play. Just when Ogbah & Shaq Lawson was falling some they played not so fast my friends. Rankins reinforced top 15 & solid. Brns. reported talking w/Correa, your thoughts? Side note-- LB Akron Jatavis Brown matches 40 of D. Lee @4.47 @ Houston Regional 2" smaller & 10lbs lighter. mean anything?

Brns. reported talking w/Correa, your thoughts?

Correa will be around in, if not thru, Round 3 so you have to consider him. But he is not explosive. He's just more of the same, LB mediocrity we're used to seeing.

DBs are flying this morning...

• UH's Jackson popped two, unofficial 4.3's...
  • Auburn's J. Jones put up a 2nd run 4.33 to back up a first run 4.28...

Jackson III made himself some money today. Not just due to his 40 times, but how smooth he was in the drills.

If he survives to #32, I'd be very tempted, but more likely he'll be gone and help push a DL to us.

Jackson III made himself some money today. Not just due to his 40 times, but how smooth he was in the drills.

If he survives to #32, I'd be very tempted, but more likely he'll be gone and help push a DL to us.

Not so fast my friend. Well he was fast but not so great on the broad jump and where are the rest of his numbers? Without data on anything other than those two events, I'd be very hesitant to take him as our 2nd rounder.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2016/2/29/11133248/2016-nfl-combine-results-defensive-backs-safeties-cornerbacksb

Auburn's Johnathan Jones will rise further, though he started much further down as well. So Jackson may go before him, but he'd be one to look at around rounds 3-4. Round 5 if we are really lucky. His stats really jumped out to me.

Looks like there'll be a premium on WRs in this draft. Treadwell somewhere in top 10-15 picks I guess, then a group of Docston, Coleman, Thomas going later first early second, then not much.

DB and DL much deeper. Might make sense (analytically...) to go QB first, then WR, and maybe try to move around a bit and pick up a DL and DB in the third?

Looks like there'll be a premium on WRs in this draft. Treadwell somewhere in top 10-15 picks I guess, then a group of Docston, Coleman, Thomas going later first early second, then not much.

DB and DL much deeper. Might make sense (analytically...) to go QB first, then WR, and maybe try to move around a bit and pick up a DL and DB in the third?

Pending OL? but really pending how they value a small group of pass rushers left over. (Scooby, Lawson or Calhoun)

Pending OL? but really pending how they value a small group of pass rushers left over. (Scooby, Lawson or Calhoun)

Yes. I'd be in favour of retaining all our starting-ability free agents, that we've drafted and developed, rather than creating holes and losing continuity. If we end up with big OL needs then yes, you need to re-evaluate - probably we lose the WR and roll with Gordon and Benjamin?

FA stock in WR just went up with stock in draft. I could see the most reasonable out of Benji, Marvin Jones, Sanu & Rishard Matthews. I could see a 3rd to 5th rounder on a taller WR to back Gordo if he fails. There's a star in that WR draft late somewhere (Roger Lewis?) just need to turn over the right planet rock.. B) off to work

FA stock in WR just went up with stock in draft. I could see the most reasonable out of Benji, Marvin Jones, Sanu & Rishard Matthews. I could see a 3rd to 5th rounder on a taller WR to back Gordo if he fails. There's a star in that WR draft late somewhere (Roger Lewis?) just need to turn over the right planet rock.. B) off to work

It also went up with Alshon Jeffrey's tag, meaning Benji is arguably the top (or top two/three) receiver in the FA market this year.

It also went up with Alshon Jeffrey's tag, meaning Benji is arguably the top (or top two/three) receiver in the FA market this year.

And in a very weak WR draft class he may get bought out from under us.

There's a star in that WR draft late somewhere (Roger Lewis?) just need to turn over the right planet rock.. B) off to work

Agree... Lewis, the BDSU underclassman, looked very good. He just might be the Day 2 steal.

However, if we go Goff at #2, I would not be surprised to see us go Lawler late Day 2 and give Jared a familiar target.

Just catching up on the LB portion of Day 3...

Wisconsin's Schobert really caught my eye in the drills. Smooth movement with excellent transitions/changes of direction. Tape shows a thumper. Adds up to a mid-Day 3 candidate to move inside in our 3-4.

Agree... Lewis, the BDSU underclassman, looked very good. He just might be the Day 2 steal.

However, if we go Goff at #2, I would not be surprised to see us go Lawler late Day 2 and give Jared a familiar target.

Looked back at WR'S #'s. At size (6ft to 6' 4") , wgt., arm length, hand size & 40's. Cory Coleman is only 5'11? 194 30" arms, 9 " hands. Got to look more at Cajuste, Core, Louis, Lawler, Payton, Davis & Mitchell. All have arm lengths 32/33" All have hands 10" or more (Lawler A-33" H-10 1/2). I realize it matters what you do with them, put some of these guys will be around 3 thur 7 rounds. (got a TE that can block yet?)

(got a TE that can block yet?)

Henry seems to be able to... ;) Kid really moves well and has size.

TE class looked pretty weak to me. Still like Vannett as a balanced prospect, but he's not a difference maker.

lol... "Rockhead"...

One big man I haven't seen mentioned is the Baylor DT, Billings. Ran a 5.05 at 311#...

... and that paled in comparison to Nkemdiche's time. Kid seems tailor made for Jerrah's risk appetite.

lol... "Rockhead"...

One big man I haven't seen mentioned is the Baylor DT, Billings. Ran a 5.05 at 311#...

... and that paled in comparison to Nkemdiche's time. Kid seems tailor made for Jerrah's risk appetite.

Interesting you brought that up because the guys on this Dallas sports show this morning indicated that they thought Baylor's Billings was going to be the surprise defensive player coming out of this draft due to his athleticism and his ability to get his pad levels below smaller opponents consistently with a lot of power and leverage.

Interesting you brought that up because the guys on this Dallas sports show this morning indicated that they thought Baylor's Billings was going to be the surprise defensive player coming out of this draft due to his athleticism and his ability to get his pad levels below smaller opponents consistently with a lot of power and leverage.

I have heard positive things about Billings but I have watched zero tape of the guy.

Archived