THE BROWNS BOARD

Benjamin to sign.....Mack out then in ?

darren15

Browns and Benjamin close to new deal ...Mack will opt out but may return....other news Browns to cut Bowe and Hartline and reinstate Gordon and sign Sanu

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/22/report-browns-close-to-re-signing-travis-benjamin/

Dawgs By Nature Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Amazing what new leadership can do.

Dawgs By Nature added,

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
#Browns C Alex Mack is expected to opt-out of his contract, sources said. But a return to Cleveland on a new contract is a real possibility
1 retweet3 likes
Retweet
More

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Browns and Benjamin close to new deal ...Mack will opt out but may return....other news Browns to cut Bowe and Hartline and reinstate Gordon and sign Sanu

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/22/report-browns-close-to-re-signing-travis-benjamin/

Dawgs By Nature Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Amazing what new leadership can do.

Dawgs By Nature added,

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
#Browns C Alex Mack is expected to opt-out of his contract, sources said. But a return to Cleveland on a new contract is a real possibility
1 retweet3 likes
Retweet
More

It would be nice if they get the Benjamin thing done and come up with a new contract for Mack.

If the Mack thang doesn't get done - we could be looking at this line:

Thomas, Bitonio, Greco, Pasztor, Schwartz (or FA/Erving). Last year, I couldn't wait to see what Michael Bowie had for at least a couple minutes...

Maybe Joe Thomas can convince both Mack and Schwartz to stay. What's the over/under on how many times Ghoolie just threw up in his mouth?

Benji would be a great change to a FO that gets it. After seeing other FO's build young's like of Skrine, TJ Ward & Sheard than let them walk still young. Get rrrr Done.. Mack you wanted the steering wheel, Well here it is. Spin it

Hart ties up $3mm in cap... If we sign Jones, I think he's expendable.

Then again, what do I know... I wanted to trade Hawk last year and look how much we'd have missed him... B)

As regards Hartline, photo-thumb-413.jpg?_r=1451713240

I will say this. We were 3-13 last season. Expect change, some of which may not be comfortable for many Fans, but keep an open mind. Status quo will NOT lead to improvement. Change MUST happen. I'm just gonna sit back, trust the new guys, & see what happens.

Mike

thoughts on Sanu?

would he play hard for us?

no doubt he would take a lot of ribbing, playing for the "clowns" of his current division.

but, can he play at a high enough level to be dominant and help restore some credibility and legitimacy to the present day Browns?

Troy, Heath, Gresham, Heap, Rey, Reed...all gone. Big Ben, Steve Smith, james Harrison...old. all lost a step. Dalton is mediocre he just has AJ Green. Gordon is coming back. now is the time. the division is ours.

we weakened the biggest long-term-division-threat by taking Hawk and their OC Hue. if coach so pleases grab up Sanu too. who knows, maybe when AJ's contract is up he can entice him as well. Flash Gordon across from Sanu w Gabe/Hawk/Welker in the slot? T Benj on pass plays? with that lineup we don't even need Green.

thoughts on Sanu?

Well he has a nice arm, I believe he has 2 or 3 TD passes. I think one was against the Browns.

would he play hard for us?

no doubt he would take a lot of ribbing, playing for the "clowns" of his current division.

Maybe, but Kruger, Dansby, Whitner, & Hartline came here. If he thinks he's got a chance to be "the guy" he'll sign.

but, can he play at a high enough level to be dominant and help restore some credibility and legitimacy to the present day Browns?

Troy, Heath, Gresham, Heap, Rey, Reed...all gone. Big Ben, Steve Smith, james Harrison...old. all lost a step. Dalton is mediocre he just has AJ Green. Gordon is coming back. now is the time. the division is ours.

We can only hope. I'm happy we got an experienced HC.

we weakened the biggest long-term-division-threat by taking Hawk and their OC Hue. if coach so pleases grab up Sanu too. who knows, maybe when AJ's contract is up he can entice him as well. Flash Gordon across from Sanu w Gabe/Hawk/Welker in the slot? T Benj on pass plays? with that lineup we don't even need Green.

Shefter reporting that Mack opting out, but "a new deal in Cleveland is a real possibility" makes me a LITTLE excited. For some reason, I have a difficult time believing this, but who knows? If we somehow keep Mack, Thomas, AND Scwartz? Man...

And it appears that Benji is all but signed, but I'd still like to see it get done. I'm probably grasping at straws, but if we can somehow get Sanu, and it's been reported that we want him, then our WR's could look completely different. And by different...I mean GOOD. To be honest, I'm a little concerned about Josh Gordon. I haven't read any statements by any of our coaches that indicate Gordon is coming back, but there is a good chance our coaches have been instructed NOT to comment on him at all. I have to believe that all our coaches are secretly praying every day that Gordon is coming back. He's THAT important. Gordon opens things up for both Barnidge and Benji, but also our running game as well. Gordon would probably be the only player on our roster that would scare opposing defenses. Cmon Josh...

Article is out saying we haven't pursued Gip very hard...

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/02/tashaun_gipson_is_preparing_to.html

RE: Mack ?? Raise + more guaranteed money maybe?

Sure, but renegotiation does not require separation.

Extensions and restructures are announced any and all the time. There are no restrictions on talking to players under contract.

we weakened the biggest long-term-division-threat by taking Hawk...

lol...

Doesn't LeBron James do that almost every year? Out out and resign?

This really would belong on the Cavs board, but I'll explain....... The NBA salary cap is going up for the next season WAY up. Reason why there wasn't much major player movement at the trade deadline, and teams are clearing cap space like mad. LeBron's next one year deal is going to have a significant raise. LBJ is a totally different case than Mack- he can call his own shots. A superstar basketball player affects win-loss way more than any football player ever could. The Cavs and Warriors would nose dive without James or Curry. LeBron is rapidly approaching GOAT status, and if not there, he's certainly getting into the conversation. If he keeps putting up points at anywhere near his current rate, he'll pass Kareem in around 6 seasons. + Him and Oscar Robertson are the only players in the top 20 in both points & assists. Just MHO, he's more versatile than Jordan, but he'll never catch him in titles. Kevin Durant is a UFA after this season, and it's going to cost a team the Moon to sign him.

Jimmy Donovan on WKYC reported tonight that Benji & the Browns were unable to reach an agreement.

Benji is saying he will test the FA waters.

Well... the FA sim got this one right..

Jimmy Donovan on WKYC reported tonight that Benji & the Browns were unable to reach an agreement.

Benji is saying he will test the FA waters.

Should we be surprised? Our analytics guys analyzed, and came to the conclusion Benji was asking too much.

David Carr lists Benjamin as his No. 1 WR F/A

https://t.co/fkLVzscRvv

that will very much suck if we lose him to the Oakland Raiders. Carr was my 2014 QB preference, if i'm the Raiders FO i'm definitely listening to my franchise QB's reasonable requests....

Sashi you low-balling motherfucker...

Again, If Haslem had Sashi in his pocket as GM. Farmer needed to be fired after 11-15-15 week 10 @ Shitsburg going into our bye the following week. That leaves 7 weeks to get Mack, Schwartz & Benji possibly locked up in 2015. Instead we follow the same pattern of Ward, Skrine, & Sheard. All young prime targets in FA's, get FA ranking & $ evaluations & here we are. Of course it's all about money at this point.. There's always next year :huh:..

Ward, Sheard, Skrine, Cameron, Mack, Schwartz, Gipson, Benjamin - there's a list of legitimately decent-to-great players that we've let walk or are in the process of letting walk.

It's fine to say we're building through the draft, and it's the right way to go, but you've got to then keep the players you draft and develop.

Well that's promising.

So after the next couple 3 and 13 seasons somebody can stand at the podium and hold up a ratty old Texas Instruments handheld calculator and blame it.

;)

WSS

My uncle used to work on coding TI calculators. They had/have an office in my hometown.

Well that's promising.

So after the next couple 3 and 13 seasons somebody can stand at the podium and hold up a ratty old Texas Instruments handheld calculator and blame it.

;)

WSS

Well it's obvious then. This is really a bid to form a new company called Cleveland Instruments in which all products are guaranteed to miscalculate every time. Millions will be bought and given to people for birthday and Xmas gag gifts with colors of orange and brown. I'd buy. :P

Archived