THE BROWNS BOARD

Statistical model shows Trump will win Presidency if nominated

DieHardBrownsFan

I don't see how Trump gets stopped in the republican primaries and Hillary Clinton is a weak and flawed candidate on the democratic side. Advantage to Trump.

Cruz is losing evangelical Christian voters to Trump and Trump is beating Rubio in his own home state. Seems like game over for Trump.

I talked with some Christians the other day who said they would either not vote or write in a candidate if Trump wins the primaries but I will vote for him. I'll vote for the guy who says he is pro life and traditional marriage and supports PP only on condition they stop performing abortions (even if I don't know how sincere he is as he at one time approved of partial birth abortions) over Hillary Clinton where I know where she stands.

I don't see how Trump gets stopped in the republican primaries and Hillary Clinton is a weak and flawed candidate on the democratic side. Advantage to Trump.

Cruz is losing evangelical Christian voters to Trump and Trump is beating Rubio in his own home state. Seems like game over for Trump.

I talked with some Christians the other day who said they would either not vote or write in a candidate if Trump wins the primaries but I will vote for him. I'll vote for the guy who says he is pro life and traditional marriage and supports PP only on condition they stop performing abortions (even if I don't know how sincere he is as he at one time approved of partial birth abortions) over Hillary Clinton where I know where she stands.

Cool topics to vote on - now what about the shit that actually matters ?

There's too many clips of Trump that the dems "will" use against him in the general. Like making fun of the dude with palsy. That kind of stuff works out alright in the primaries but not in the general. Either Hillary or Bernie will destroy Trump with minorities, and the vast majority of white people under the age of 34.

There's too many clips of Trump that the dems "will" use against him in the general. Like making fun of the dude with palsy. That kind of stuff works out alright in the primaries but not in the general. Either Hillary or Bernie will destroy Trump with minorities, and the vast majority of white people under the age of 34.

Trump's base - angry old white guys. Getting a lot of love as a republican candidate. Who would have thought? Should be a shoe in if the country is mostly angry old white guys.

You might be right Cleve but I quit underestimating Trump a while back. Trump won among Hispanics in Nevada.

You might be right Cleve but I quit underestimating Trump a while back. Trump won among Hispanics in Nevada.

"republican" Hispanics. Crucial difference. The % of Hispanics that will vote republican in the general is a fraction of those that will vote democrat even in more or less neutral circumstances. Which if Trump wins the rep primary it will anything but neutral.

Not disagreeing Chris and not even saying single issue voters are being wise. What I am saying you have the right to vote your conscience and if a single issue is that important to you then by all means that is your right.

Flaw in democracy.

Trump will beat Hillary, but I don't think he'd beat Bernie.

Hillary has no enthusiasm, Bernie supporters hate her (and a lot of other parts of the party). Trump is breaking every record in primary turnout so far and has more democrat and independent support than any other republican.

Interesting note on this statistical analysis is that it has never been wrong in 100+ years - except for in 1960 with JFK. (Though that was a controversial election - many suspected voter fraud and mobster influence and all kinds of stuff, so maybe JFK wasn't the real winner)

Winston Churchill once said the best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter. Of course there are flaws in democracy but there are major flaws in communism. I'll take democracy every time.

And that quote gets trotted out every time there's a criticism of democracy. It's the equivalent of just saying "fuck it, don't care". Modern democracy hasn't really been around that long, especially with equal voting rights all round (no exclusions on race/gender etc).

"republican" Hispanics. Crucial difference. The % of Hispanics that will vote republican in the general is a fraction of those that will vote democrat even in more or less neutral circumstances. Which if Trump wins the rep primary it will anything but neutral.

All the talking heads that crunch the numbers claim the republicans don't have much of a chance at winning the general election unless they get at least about 35 - 40 percent of the Hispanic vote. I see that as a high hurdle for Trump but so far he has not failed in proving his critics wrong. I think he would get some cross over democratic voters but I'm not convinced it would be enough if he lost the Hispanic vote in huge numbers. I never thought Trump would win the republican nomination and I thought Romney would win in 12 with the record Obama had to run on so I just follow politics anymore....no predictions. I probably already have $20 going to St. Jude hospital in my bet with Edward that Cruz would win more than his home state of Texas but at least that is going to a great cause. :)

Kasich: ‘Nobody’s Gonna Win But Trump’ Next Week

Shortly after Thursday night’s debate, Gov. John Kasich said that “Nobody’s gonna win but Trump” in the Republican presidential candidates’ battle on Super Tuesday. He qualified that estimate when asked about Ted Cruz’s chances in his home state of Texas—one of the 12 states voting in primaries next week—adding the caveat: “I don’t know that, OK, but it’s very close.” Kasich said Trump will win until the battle for the GOP nomination heads north, adding, “Who do you think’s gonna come up north and be able to beat me?” The latest polling from Kasich’s home state of Ohio, however, shows Trump with a narrow lead.

*I'm thinking Kasich is not living in reality thinking that Trump will win in the south but not the north. I would have thought the north favors Trump even more than the south and Kasich is already polling behind him in Ohio.

Kasich: ‘Nobody’s Gonna Win But Trump’ Next Week

Shortly after Thursday night’s debate, Gov. John Kasich said that “Nobody’s gonna win but Trump” in the Republican presidential candidates’ battle on Super Tuesday. He qualified that estimate when asked about Ted Cruz’s chances in his home state of Texas—one of the 12 states voting in primaries next week—adding the caveat: “I don’t know that, OK, but it’s very close.” Kasich said Trump will win until the battle for the GOP nomination heads north, adding, “Who do you think’s gonna come up north and be able to beat me?” The latest polling from Kasich’s home state of Ohio, however, shows Trump with a narrow lead.

*I'm thinking Kasich is not living in reality thinking that Trump will win in the south but not the north. I would have thought the north favors Trump even more than the south and Kasich is already polling behind him in Ohio.

Trumps going to win it all.

I think/hope that Trump has overplayed himself. He's coming off like

he's childish, and has a LOT to hide of himself.

Rubio is making a speech/townhall appearance, and looks like he is poised to take over

before it's over. He's been quieter, and orchestrated too much before.

Now, he's doing far better being himself. We'll see.

RUBIO/CARSON.

I think/hope that Trump has overplayed himself. He's coming off like

he's childish, and has a LOT to hide of himself.

Rubio is making a speech/townhall appearance, and looks like he is poised to take over

before it's over. He's been quieter, and orchestrated too much before.

Now, he's doing far better being himself. We'll see.

RUBIO/CARSON.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C8apPefKzA

Trump is right he is not a politician. He is more like PT Barnum.

Archived