THE BROWNS BOARD

How Many More Times Will Mayock Dare Dallas to trade up?

Flugel

I always appreciate Mayock and his talent/work ethic but how about a refreshing angle of daring Dallas to be the first team to go after Hogan while they still have plans to start Romo a couple more seasons? Not that the God Complex ever needs Mayock, but the more people hear it - the more viral it goes. Something ended up spooking him about Manziel so maybe today more than ever - he's more apt to value opinions of collateral experts outside his organization. When Jerruh didn't listen to advice about Hardy - he's not the type that likes to listen to 3 million told you so's which also makes him more prone to listening this time around.

In year's past, it would have been a good thing if someone like Dallas eliminated a decision between the 2 highest rated QBs in a draft into just 1 guy on our door step. Because then we would have only kicked 1 guy off our door step so we go after another lazy defensive lineman that will refuse to show up to camp in shape while the team getting the guy we should have drafted emerges as an elite performer.

This year it's fun to compare and contrast Wentz and Goff in between all the Bosa worship. I hope some of you guys can hold it together when you see Bosa in air tight spandex/shorts and a tank top. Rumor has it, Hallmark will have scouts in attendance ready to tap Joey's brand.

From Not that god's complex ever needed a Mayock to Bosa in tight spandex. Classic Flug. Bosa now thinks he's god of this draft, So which is it? Dallas has got to go DE, with both gone. From the voice & look of M. Irvin's interview & look of Jerrah, I think they need the extra hours to recover from last nights drunkfest :D.. That 40 is a total blurrr right now!!

I think it's Wentz.... our div is a tough defense division.

..still, if Hogan, as I posted, has worked to develop a quick, proper release,

and really surprises people....

he has more experience than Wentz by a lot.... pro style...

actually, is 6'4", very strong arm, 225 lbs, 4.86 40 yrd dash..

brilliant, very smart....

he could be a gigantic steal in the second round....

except several teams, like the Bears, could be looking to

draft him just before the Browns get him in the second round,

including Dallas trading with Tenn in the second....

played great in big games...

with his modified, quick release, that right there negates him being

a "fifth rounder". More like a top of the second, bottom of the first rounder.

We'll see the double-takes he gets at the combine.

From Not that god's complex ever needed a Mayock to Bosa in tight spandex. Bosa now thinks he's god of this draft, So which is it? Dallas has got to go DE, with both gone. From the voice & look of M. Irvin's interview & look of Jerrah, I think they need the extra hours to recover from last nights drunkfest :D

LOL. "Some people call me the space Cowboy, some call me the gangster of love, some call me Joey because my shit has yet to stink."

As the draft nears I'm bought on Wentz.

He's growing on me big time. Right now he's my 1A and Goff is my 1B but there's such a small difference of preference that could change with another cup of coffee. Unfortunately, so could the locks to my house the next time I leave if I have another cup of coffee today.

Brian Bellick hates the Wentz decision at #2 & as always I say Fuck You Brian Billick!! (Flaco)

I hear ya Gumby! There isn't a stronger endorsement for stock up for Wentz than Kyle Boller and Stoney Case's biggest fan giving him a thumbs down.

I think it's Wentz.... our div is a tough defense division.

he has more experience than Wentz by a lot.... pro style...

actually, is 6'4", very strong arm, 225 lbs, 4.86 40 yrd dash..

brilliant, very smart....

he could be a gigantic steal in the second round....

except several teams, like the Bears, could be looking to

draft him just before the Browns get him in the second round,

including Dallas trading with Tenn in the second....

played great in big games...

with his modified, quick release, that right there negates him being

a "fifth rounder". More like a top of the second, bottom of the first rounder.

We'll see the double-takes he gets at the combine.

Cal, we're going to get one of the top two qbs @ #2- regardless. Also, the guy we select @ #2 would have to be a bigger impact player than a top qb- and I just don't see it- sorry to rain on the Bosa parade.

The only thing Hogan has on Wentz is more experience, and that experience was at a higher level. CW is plenty smart by all accounts.

PS Walter football doesn't even have Hogan going in the first four rounds Cal. He's got guys like Prescott, Hackenberg, and Cardale going ahead of him.

I think it's Wentz too because.. he's Hues kind of QB.. He's built for the pounding you take in the AFC.. It just makes too much damn sense to Me lol.

He's growing on me big time. Right now he's my 1A and Goff is my 1B but there's such a small difference of preference that could change with another cup of coffee. Unfortunately, so could the locks to my house the next time I leave if I have another cup of coffee today.

Between now & the draft, many minds can (and probably will) be changed faster than a baby's dirty diapers, but I'm with you Tom...Wentz 1A & Goff 1B. Both look like winners to me.

Mike

Vice versa for me, but gap closed... Still the head, the anticipation, the inexperience is such a huge hurdle for Wentz.

Everything he did today screamed Day 3...

yep, Hogan laid an egg. Too bad for him.

But I think Wentz is the star of this qb class, and

he's the real deal.

2nd tier is more like the third tier other years.

Vice versa for me, but gap closed... Still the head, the anticipation, the inexperience is such a huge hurdle for Wentz.

Everything he did today screamed Day 3...

I love the situation with these 2 kids. I'd be ecstatic with either. Goff was really impressive with his anticipation and timing yesterday. The consistency of seeing Goff throw the ball as WRs were beginning the break - led every guy perfectly with the football right there on the square ins. Getting back to our Westminster terminology - will give him the "Best in Show."

Inexperience is a hurdle for Wentz but his football intellect, athleticism and skill-set has him at an ideal starting point in a world we're hoping to draft best football ahead. Looks like he's had great coaching so far especially if we look at the recent winning tradition he's graduating from. I still remember hearing Brady Quinn was the most pro ready QB before he showed us exactly how pro ready he was. All QBs coming out of college are going to an extremely different situation especially if the team drafting them is coming off 3 wins and getting a new coaching staff/new offense (even vets have to learn). It's great we have a guy like McCown that keeps us from feeling like we need to start the rookie week 1.

It's great we have a guy like McCown that keeps us from feeling like we need to start the rookie week 1.

True but odds (analytics?) strongly favor McCown being out by week six or earlier unless this OL plays all-world while the new receiving corps finds out how to get open in 6 seconds or less. :blink:

True but odds (analytics?) strongly favor McCown being out by week six or earlier unless this OL plays all-world while the new receiving corps finds out how to get open in 6 seconds or less. :blink:

Week 6 would be similar to when Kosar took over for Gary Danielson. That wouldn't be bad because there would have been sufficient time to see the entire process of preparing for weekly opponents as well as getting more acclimated to all the differences between college and NFL.

Archived