THE BROWNS BOARD

Donald Trump

MLD Woody

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could be nothing but Trump could put the matter to rest by just giving permission for the tape to be released:

In Off the Record Meeting, Trump Reportedly Told the NY Times How He Really Feels About Immigration

The New York Times has in its possession a tape of Donald Trump revealing his true beliefs on immigration during an off the record meeting he had with the newspaper, according to a BuzzFeed report published Monday.

BuzzFeed Editor-In-Chief Ben Smith reported that some staffers at the Times think the audio tape of the conversation “could deal a serious blow to Donald Trump, who, in an off-the-record meeting with the newspaper, called into question whether he would stand by his own immigration views.”

Sources told BuzzFeed that the transcript of the audio tape had reached “mythical status at the Times” and contained a comment where Trump said something about the flexibility of his immigration stance.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/02/29/in-off-the-record-meeting-trump-reportedly-told-the-ny-times-how-he-really-feels-about-immigration/

Well it is two sides of the same coin.

WSS

I'm just saying Beck hates Trump more than anybody because Cruz is God's chosen candidate (not kidding). Ditto with buzzfeed.

I love how insane the media and establishment is going. Rubio has robo calls that pretend to be the KKK endorsing Trump, Romney is in full force ironically criticizing his tax returns. He said "David Duke? Did he endorse me? I disavow" on Friday, then 2 days later the media freaked out about him loving the KKK.

MSNBC was doing a clip about racist Trump supporters - then played a video of a black Trump supporter saying we need to stop the race baiting and just all be American (https://streamable.com/3m8l)

I discredit John Oliver because he's on HBO - who is owned by the third largest HRC donor (time warner)

I'm convinced Trump is the best candidate because of how much both parties and all of the elites hate him.

John Oliver can make some cogent arguments, but this one felt like more of a character assassination attempt. 15 minutes of the video was spent attacking some aspect of Trump trolling or taking blatant advantage of US laws on his path to being a billionaire. I felt that his abortion video would have been better without the humor injected into it, too. Ironically, this will help keep him at the top of the news cycle. We need to dispel with this fiction that Donald Trump doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing.

This could be nothing but Trump could put the matter to rest by just giving permission for the tape to be released:

In Off the Record Meeting, Trump Reportedly Told the NY Times How He Really Feels About Immigration

The New York Times has in its possession a tape of Donald Trump revealing his true beliefs on immigration during an off the record meeting he had with the newspaper, according to a BuzzFeed report published Monday.

BuzzFeed Editor-In-Chief Ben Smith reported that some staffers at the Times think the audio tape of the conversation could deal a serious blow to Donald Trump, who, in an off-the-record meeting with the newspaper, called into question whether he would stand by his own immigration views.

Sources told BuzzFeed that the transcript of the audio tape had reached mythical status at the Times and contained a comment where Trump said something about the flexibility of his immigration stance.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/02/29/in-off-the-record-meeting-trump-reportedly-told-the-ny-times-how-he-really-feels-about-immigration/

The quote:

"From deporting Mexican immigrants and barring Muslims to slapping a 45 percent tariff on Chinese imports, Mr. Trump invents his positions as he goes along. His supporters say they dont care. What they may not know is how deliberately he is currying their favor. At a meeting with The Timess editorial writers, Mr. Trump talked about the art of applause lines. You know, he said of his events, if it gets a little boring, if I see people starting to sort of, maybe thinking about leaving, I can sort of tell the audience, I just say, We will build the wall! and they go nuts."

Grasping at straws

It is kind of amazing, those who hate Donald Trump hate him with a passion that makes Cals opinion of Obama seem kind.

I feel that if he does get elected the people who are the strongest supporters will be the most disappointed. Nobody can promise prosperity like he does. And it won't be long for that reality sets in. On the other hand even more disappointed will be Bernie Sanders supporters should he sneak in. I mean even those who love him realize his utopian ideas will never ever come to pass.

As far as Hillary, if she wins I'd expect her to be a huge target because she doesn't possess the charisma of the President or her husband.

And charges of misogyny aren't nearly as bankable as charges of racism.

It is funny, however, that the over-the-top hatred of Donald Trump is supposedly because he's not very civil.

WSS

The 'hatred' is not because he's not civil. I mean, a big part of politics is diplomacy and, well, politics, and he seems to be lacking in that. It's that his uncivil statements are more often than not demonstrably false, or just fear-mongering. His stance on issues - where he has deigned to take a stance - has been all over the place. He's inconsistent at best, and a danger to the world at worst (based on his views).

And back to the OP. What the New York Times did releasing an 'off the record' interview is disgusting. They would never in a billion years do something like that to Clinton or Cruz, or Rubio. The bias against him is what caused them to release this. This will actually help Trump and gain him votes because it shows the 'establishment' is against him.

And back to the OP. What the New York Times did releasing an 'off the record' interview is disgusting. They would never in a billion years do something like that to Clinton or Cruz, or Rubio. The bias against him is what caused them to release this. This will actually help Trump and gain him votes because it shows the 'establishment' is against him.

We should hope that would happen but I'm afraid the worldwide Trump hatred is getting out of control.

Look at the over the top coverage of the David Duke non-issue. Plus nobody expects the New York Times to be unbiased.

And it's odd, those people who seem to care about issues, don't take any time to look at what Trump has actually said.

The biggest haters are the ones who were opposed to the Iraq war, demand we stop shipping jobs overseas and love Planned Parenthood.

Is it only the fact that people want more illegal immigrants? I can't imagine that's true.

WSS

John Oliver can make some cogent arguments, but this one felt like more of a character assassination attempt. 15 minutes of the video was spent attacking some aspect of Trump trolling or taking blatant advantage of US laws on his path to being a billionaire. I felt that his abortion video would have been better without the humor injected into it, too. Ironically, this will help keep him at the top of the news cycle. We need to dispel with this fiction that Donald Trump doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing.

I heard a radio interview with Wanda Sykes a while ago pre-trump candidacy and someone asked her about his hair and she basically said "donald is a genius. He does this because he knows it keeps people talking about him. He knows what he's doing"

I cant help but think of that every time someone declares trump had killed his campaign this time. He knows exactly what he's doing.

Well that's kind of the point of the show

Yeah, I just think that the formula's stale.

It is kind of amazing, those who hate Donald Trump hate him with a passion that makes Cals opinion of Obama seem kind.

I feel that if he does get elected the people who are the strongest supporters will be the most disappointed. Nobody can promise prosperity like he does. And it won't be long for that reality sets in. On the other hand even more disappointed will be Bernie Sanders supporters should he sneak in. I mean even those who love him realize his utopian ideas will never ever come to pass.

As far as Hillary, if she wins I'd expect her to be a huge target because she doesn't possess the charisma of the President or her husband.

And charges of misogyny aren't nearly as bankable as charges of racism.

It is funny, however, that the over-the-top hatred of Donald Trump is supposedly because he's not very civil.

WSS

Realistically, not much will change. That said, his campaign shifted the goalposts for campaign finance, and he is single-handedly responsible for stopping the Bush dynasty in its tracks. He's making the Koch brothers, Dick Cheney, and the Bush family uneasy. Watching Fox News, HuffPo, tumblr, and facebook respond to him being elected will make whatever may happen afterwards worth it. Is a Trump presidency going to be better than the status quo? Who knows? It will definitely be entertaining, and I'm willing to roll the dice.

Yeah, I just think that the formula's stale.

Realistically, not much will change. That said, his campaign shifted the goalposts for campaign finance, and he is single-handedly responsible for stopping the Bush dynasty in its tracks. He's making the Koch brothers, Dick Cheney, and the Bush family uneasy. Watching Fox News, HuffPo, tumblr, and facebook respond to him being elected will make whatever may happen afterwards worth it. Is a Trump presidency going to be better than the status quo? Who knows? It will definitely be entertaining, and I'm willing to roll the dice.

That's probably true. I mean same with any other candidate the country will still be run by the same people that are running it now.

Frankly I'd be interested to see what happens if Trump or Sanders were able to do what they want, but the houses won't Support either of them.

The worst that can happen is 4 years of shit which we've had before.

WSS

Supposing that Sanders doesn't face huge obstruction from all sides in achieving what he wants to achieve, I think in time the country would look like what it should look like and life will be better for the overwhelming majority. But that won't happen.

Supposing that Sanders doesn't face huge obstruction from all sides in achieving what he wants to achieve, I think in time the country would become more and more divided, by race, religion, income, gender and others.

That is essentially why I would vote Sanders. But we have our own big vote coming up this year.

I agree Diehard it is a cheap shot by the NY Times (nothing new there) to have a candidate speak off the record then leak out that there are some things Trump said off the record that would hurt his candidacy but to release the tape they would have to get Trump's permission. This defeats the whole purpose of even trusting journalists to speak off the record.

Anyway for me the story confirms what I believe about Trump. He is not serious with some of the claims he is making and there will be buyers remorse from some of his supporters who take him at his word in his campaign speeches.

Supposing that Sanders doesn't face huge obstruction from all sides in achieving what he wants to achieve, I think in time the country would look like what it should look like and life will be better for the overwhelming majority. But that won't happen.

Supposing that Sanders doesn't face huge obstruction from all sides in achieving what he wants to achieve, I think in time the country would become more and more divided, by race, religion, income, gender and others.

That is essentially why I would vote Sanders. But we have our own big vote coming up this year.

Am I reading this wrong or are both scenarios the same except one with a bad outcome?

But sure if his campaign promise and his vision actually comes to pass that everyone loves each other and has a higher standard of living and free everything, and if by some unimaginable chance everyone proudly contributes to society, yes that would be nice.

On the other hand if trumps promise comes true and we rid the country of criminals and all workers make a living wage building things in the United States and we are winning and winning and winning that would be nice too.

As a matter of fact if any politicians bullshit came true it would be just dandy.

WSS

Ideologically, I align with Sanders more than any other candidate. That said, he's kind of a pussy, and his unwillingness to attack Hillary cost him his shot at the nomination. Further, the only way I can see us making universal healthcare a thing is if you slash military and public sector pensions. Unfortunately, those are two voting blocs with very high turnout.

Ideologically, I align with Sanders more than any other candidate. That said, he's kind of a pussy, and his unwillingness to attack Hillary cost him his shot at the nomination. Further, the only way I can see us making universal healthcare a thing is if you slash military and public sector pensions. Unfortunately, those are two voting blocs with very high turnout.

I align with Sanders on a lot - but he is old as dirt and a pussy. I disagree with his stance on border security and assault weapons bans and such (I don't want the whole country to turn into NY or CT or one of those states). He'd also cost me a few thousand dollars a year more in taxes - while providing me with nothing I don't already have except maybe slightly lower student loan interest.

I also am not a fan of the love fest for BLM and SJWs and the PC culture.

What formula? Comedy on a comedy show?

No, the news/comedy formula that Jon Stewart mastered. Even the Colbert Report was never as good as The Daily Show when both Colbert and Carrell were anchors on it. John Oliver's show and the new Daily Show are neutered versions of what made Jon Stewart's Daily Show great.

Archived