THE BROWNS BOARD

Ohio State Patrol

One Post

Back in the day I drove a truck for 6 years. Going though Ohio seemed strict on laws regarding truck driving. I heard the Governers daughter was killed in a crash involving a big truck. Is it still that tight or was I misinformed? I never got any tickets much less got pulled over. I always drove round the weigh scales when I had a load so what's up?

Related - seems the speed limit is 55mph in a lot of places you'd associate with long distance driving, is that perception correct?

It varies from state to state. A lot of companies "govern" their trucks to a certain speed meaning....it's rigged to where you can Nash the pedal down in its final gear and only go to a top speed. Mostly 62 mph.

It varies from state to state. A lot of companies "govern" their trucks to a certain speed meaning....it's rigged to where you can Nash the pedal down in its final gear and only go to a top speed. Mostly 62 mph.

62 mph - seems odd until you realise it's 100 km/h. You're welcome ;)

I wasn't talking about trucks specifically, just the speed limit generally. The US is a huge place and 55mph seems ridiculously slow.

62 mph - seems odd until you realise it's 100 km/h. You're welcome ;)

I wasn't talking about trucks specifically, just the speed limit generally. The US is a huge place and 55mph seems ridiculously slow.

Here in il it was 55. Then 65 for cars and 55 for big trucks. Now it's 70 for everyone.

And thats miles in England correct?

Or kilometers?

WSS

Miles.

We have to have things by weight/volume in supermarkets in metric though - so you can buy 2.273 litres of milk, because that's four pints, or 454g of sausages, because that's a pound.

I drive a truck for a living in Ohio. The turnpike is 70 mph from the Pa border to the Ind border

Around the major city's the speed limit is 55 and goes up to 65 away from the city's and when far enough away it goes up to 70 mph

Not many weigh stations left, but there are a couple

Also every vehicle that enters the turnpike is weighed at the toll gate

Archived