THE BROWNS BOARD

What I think I'm thinkin now.. draftwise

calfoxwc

This debate about Goff-Wentz. I was thinkin...

Wentz played his entire season in the cold... in the winter.

Goff only played in the cold once - Nov.. in Oregon. Lost. I just think that is interesting.

at #32... in a weak wr group... and a strong lb/edge pass rusher/dl draft...

I'm back to thinkin that you still draft the bpa, which would be edge rush/lb. Don't think they

need the DL as much as some may.

It depends who falls to the 32 pick. You let Shaw Lawson fall that far...surely won't happen..

I think I would pick him. Or Ogbah..... or... but it should be a defensive player.

round three pick...

the Browns would fix the qb postion - WENTZ, and fix part of their defense..

in the 3rd round, they should go WR. Ah, but which one? I would like Pharoh Cooper

to get there... but I would also pick this guy:

Michael Thomas. He's quite a player. No, not the one from Ohio State. ha.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/1/8/10727946/michael-thomas-scouting-report-nfl-draft-profile-southern-mississippi

Anybody who thinks the Browns will pick Bosa, well, they will be wrong.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha. ha.

you think all the teams they played away games with...had domes?

Sat, Oct 3

3-1 (1-0) Sat, Oct 24

5-2 (3-1) Sat, Oct 31

6-2 (4-1)

7-2 (5-1) Sat, Nov 14

8-2 (6-1) NCAA DIVISION I FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP - SEMIFINAL Fri, Dec 18

12-2 (7-1)

front 4 or LB'er is the biggest need "right now" on the team. Period end of discussion. For the overall franchise of course you need "the guy" at QB. Problem is these are the most coached up players in the draft...see Johhny Manziel. Building a stupid mean defense should be priority number one for anybody living in the AFC North. Really don't know why we haven't learned from the other 3 teams in the division.

You mean who drafted their bigtime qb's in the first round? like

pittspuke and the ratbirds?

When the Browns lost to the ratbirds a few years ago... 9-6....

the Browns need to fix their offense, regardless of how good

their defense is.

Deep in defense, not deep in qb's and wide receivers.

Oh, it's qb alright.

yeah but their priority was defense for many years. When the Greg Loyd and Kevin Greene era came to an end they got right back to building up another elite unit. What they also did was build up a very good offensive line and power running game. Equally great strategy for wins in the North.

I agree with Cal, get the QB.

I wasn't sold on this until recently, mainly because I too think our LBs aren't good enough. Get the LB at #32, Scooby Wright might be there. At #65, looks like we may need to draft an O lineman now.

Yup... gots to QB... the time and the talent have converged.

But it'd be a great draft to trade own and stock up on DL and CBs...

I think the selection of either Goff or Wentz, coupled with the coaching staff in place, will allow us to go in other directions for talent the next few years, at least. That should allow us to build the roster.

Mike

NDSU did not heat their dome? ;) Tour

Oh yeah? ?Well.... eh....

okay. I forgot they had a dome. dammit. lol

but they did have to go out in the ice cold snowy

weather to get to the stadium.......

Not so related to your post cal, but man some browns fans/OSU homers are dumb. Read the mailbag from clevelandbrowns.com and the questions this week are:

Why don't we go D heavy and invest in D? - like we have done the last 3 years? Our top draft choices and most/all of our 'bigger' FA signings have been D.

Why aren't people talking about the browns drafting cardale jones? What if the 3-game championship run was the real him, and the season after where he got benched was just a fluke?! - because he's a project at best and won't see the field for anyone for years.

if Carson Wentz is questionable, why wouldn't the Browns draft Goff second and maybe trade up the 32nd pick higher to take Wentz as well? - not even going to bother

I hear the Browns have 14 picks in the upcoming draft. How many and what rounds are they? - people seriously are that lazy that they'll just fire off an email and hope it gets answered rather than spend two minutes on google?

Seriously, each week I read these things hoping to find a nugget of information, some new perspective, and then you get a dog turd of an article like that.

</rant>

yeah but their priority was defense for many years. When the Greg Loyd and Kevin Greene era came to an end they got right back to building up another elite unit. What they also did was build up a very good offensive line and power running game. Equally great strategy for wins in the North.

i'm a D guy too but with the fail of manziel and other QBs we've drafted or signed, it's gotta be the highest priority to get the QB high in the draft considering there are really only 2 guys (IMO) in wentz and goff that are worthy of being labeled future franchise.

i loved the gilbert pick when everyone else was screaming watkins. i was wrong. i loved the shelton pick and think he'll be with us for years to come. orchard? books still out. i think there is still some time to develop pettine and farmers picks on the D before we call them all busts. yes we need LBers. hopefully this FO can figure a way to get a solid one in a later pick.

it's easy to cite the defense in our division as being a priority when every other team is set at QB. believe me if they needed a QB and were sitting at 2 they'd be taking wentz or goff as well.

i'm a D guy too but with the fail of manziel and other QBs we've drafted or signed, it's gotta be the highest priority to get the QB high in the draft considering there are really only 2 guys (IMO) in wentz and goff that are worthy of being labeled future franchise.

i loved the gilbert pick when everyone else was screaming watkins. i was wrong. i loved the shelton pick and think he'll be with us for years to come. orchard? books still out. i think there is still some time to develop pettine and farmers picks on the D before we call them all busts. yes we need LBers. hopefully this FO can figure a way to get a solid one in a later pick.

it's easy to cite the defense in our division as being a priority when every other team is set at QB. believe me if they needed a QB and were sitting at 2 they'd be taking wentz or goff as well.

Mik, I agree. If we take one of these 2 guys at QB, our shopping list changes in the foreseeable future. Both have talent & size & at long last we have a coaching staff with the knowledge & ability to develop them.

Mike

I know you're right mik, but damn Denver made it look so easy with a one foot in the grave QB watching from his posterior.

never liked manning, but i can't argue with his talent, mostly now from the neck up. broncos have twice the talent on both sides of the ball than the browns do. if the browns had a QB that could think like manning and make it through half the season and give it to a somewhat competent backup (2 players right there that the browns don't have) a very good rb (another player the browns don't have) and other offensive talent, some dominate pass rushers (more players the browns don't have) they'd be pretty damn good as well. but considering we have none of that (which is funny because the D a couple of years ago was pretty good) and we have a #2 pick and need a franchise QB, i think the balance shifts to the first pick being that guy.

as long as the browns hit on the QB and maybe add a great D player........i don't care what else they do in the draft. but they have to get it right or all is for naught.

as long as the browns hit on the QB and maybe add a great D player........i don't care what else they do in the draft. but they have to get it right or all is for naught.

I could even live with Doctson or Fuller @ #32 and go for the best D player next year. With an old QB and a rookie QB we are not likely to be far from were we are in next year's draft. Then we can add that super pass rusher. After all we have no real pass rushing threat now, so they just will not help the O much this year without it. Other teams did not have to bring their A game to outscore us last year. We were treated like a shell of an NFL team that we really are. We played some of the most Godawful pro ball I've ever seen.

But that was bad coaching, Ag... ;)

With Horton back (and hearing a Hue...) things will get better... unless they don't.

in the 3rd round, they should go WR. Ah, but which one? I would like Pharoh Cooper

to get there... but I would also pick this guy:

I think we ought to draft American Pharoah, I heard he's pretty fast. Questionable hands, though. :D

Was going to start a thread....opted out to here...

Tunsil won't go #1.

In the last 15 yrs two OT have went #1. '13 it was Fisher and '08 it was Jake Long. If you want to go back further in was Pace in '97.

Even further it was Yary in '68.

Do you think Fisher and Long were worth a #1? I don't. The Titans won't take Tunsil it's Bosa.

Tunsil won't go #1.

In the last 15 yrs two OT have went #1. '13 it was Fisher and '08 it was Jake Long. If you want to go back further in was Pace in '97.

Do you think Fisher and Long were worth a #1? I don't. The Titans won't take Tunsil it's Bosa.

Possibly...

But MM was sacked 38 times in 12 games... projects to 51 over 16 and that would tie Bortles for tops in the league in 2015.

It's easy to see that Tunsil is the class of this OT crop and is drawing comparison to Pace and Walter Jones, a pair of Hall of Famers. 2013 was a weak draft; 2008 was better, but not a lot better. Not seeing Eric or Jake making the HOF any time soon...

There are other OT options, strong options IMO, but will any be available at 33?

On the other hand there are strong 3-4 DE candidates into the 2nd round.

Round 1 QB...Round 2 Slim pickins at PRuss #1. Solid's in LB's, DL, OL, DB's. WR's with no depth in draft, if we decide to go young to build one, it's round 2 or 3 or their gone. 26 yr old FA @ WR maybe better option for now.. over overpriced FA's in PR, LB,OL & DB's. Round 3...With depth of draft at OL,DE,DB,LB got to get PPA still at a position of need. Yes we have read the man crushes on Hunter Henry in round 3 BUT we have most of him In a resigned Barniage. Macaffey did not get all those yards at Standford without TE's blocking? Am considering Round 4-5 still filling LB,DE,DB,OL positions but D. Cajuste, A. Hooper or Ben Braunecker will have to be considered. Experts have this as a 4-5 round draft to make roster's. we need every pick to hit in top 5 rds..

I can see Tenn. spending $$ in FA for o-line help. I guess that's when the draft starts to shape itself.

Really? Find that great LT better than Tunsil in here for me please, because that is what they need. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000637939/article/2016-free-agency-top-99-available-players

I can see Tenn. spending $$ in FA for o-line help. I guess that's when the draft starts to shape itself.

Agreed....hard to predict anything draft wise until the FA period happens.....the whole landscape changes as soon as players start getting signed....

Really? Find that great LT better than Tunsil in here for me please, because that is what they need. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000637939/article/2016-free-agency-top-99-available-players

Tunsil hasn't played a down in the NFL.. I can see Anthony Davis coming out of early retirement. Also that list is bs. Available yes but to give it a top 99 in different positions is stupid.

Archived