THE BROWNS BOARD

Pre free agency Browns' Mock draft

Tiott

TRADE : 2nd pick goes to Jacksonville for the 5th Pick, the 38th Pick and the 100th Pick.

-> I believe the Jaguars would be willing to trade up here first because they will have Dante Fowler back which means another first round, secondly because I believe they will be big spenders in free agency which means not much needs and finally because adding Jalen Ramsey to their roster would put them over the top.

5th Pick : Jared Goff, QB California

Goff is far and away the best QB of this class, and that is exactly what we need. I saw him torched my Longhorns a few months ago. He is accurate from intermediate and deep routes, also under pressure as he was terrific against blitzes. His footwork is pure and his harm will only get better.

32nd Pick : Robert Nkemdiche, DE Ole Miss

A top five talent but didn't do himself a favor lately. A sheldon richardson type of athlete who absolutely dominates when the lights are on. I would be willing to take a risk on a all pro caliber player.

38th Pick : Tyler Boyd, WR Pittsburg

There we go. We all know Josh Gordon will be back. How about putting the second coming of Antonio Brown next to him ? Severly under estimated.

64th Pick : Roberto Aguayo, K Florida State

Arguably one of the best kickers in CFB history, he would help us put some points on the board when the offense led by a rookie QB struggles because it's gonna happen. Not sure he'll be available here.

96th Pick : Hassan Ridgeway, DT Texas

I'm a UT fan so i watched him a lot last year. And when he was on the field, he tortured opposing o-lines. Ideal 3-4 end who honestly sometimes looked better than Malcom Brown.

100th Pick : Harlan Miller, CB Southeastern Louisiana

Stud corner who lacks a little bit of speed but makes up with good technique and coverage skills. Has goods eyes to locate the football, good ball skills and is a willing tackler.

129th Pick : Antonio Morrison, LB Florida

Though, heart, courageous and dedicated. The captain of one of the best defense in the country. I love him.

157th Pick : Demarcus Robinson, WR Florida

Will slip because he got suspended a few times but one of the best receivers in the country for the past couple of years. A second round talent when he's on.

189th Pick : Fahn Cooper, OT Ole Miss

The turnover on the o-line makes this pick a no brainer. Not sure Greco fits Hue and Erving will move to center. That leaves a hole at guard. Cooper is versatile enough to play tackle or guard and was solid opposite of Tunsil.

Here's the main problem - the trade down... suppose somebody trades with Tenn...

to take Wentz, and Dallas laughs and takes Goff?

You've traded out the outstanding choice of probably both top qb's.

You took a chance at 32. Trouble is, the Browns won't take the chance. It's a real fine

draft at DE... what the heck would you take a chance with his red flags?

nah.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2016/3/3/11152144/robert-nkemdiche-nfl-draft

Tyler Boyd isn't an Antonio Brown. Not close. But Boyd is good enough to be gone by the third round, probably gone

by the bottom half of the second round.

"turnonthejets..com" has him being compared to:

NFL COMPARISONS: Based on his size and skill set, there are parallels to be drawn between Tyler Boyd and both Anquan Boldin and Jerricho Cotchery.

Love the first three picks. Way downhill after that. Not sure Ridgeway is in that range. I live in Austin and have never even heard anyone say this kid was special.

I would LOVE to take Nkemdiche, especially at that value. This board won't be on board though.

Antonio Morrison, the lb, has a high motor, but not all that athletic, and

not as big as I'd want him to be. There are other lbs that would be a better

choice. I'd rather have an ilb that can slide along the los and knock a big

running back on his butt. Morrison doesn't have the lateral mobility, and he

allegedly is more like 225.

http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/2016/01/11/2016-nfl-draft-scouting-report-florida-lb-antonio-morrison/

Antonio Morrison, the lb, has a high motor, but not all that athletic, and

not as big as I'd want him to be. There are other lbs that would be a better

choice. I'd rather have an ilb that can slide along the los and knock a big

running back on his butt. Morrison doesn't have the lateral mobility, and he

allegedly is more like 225.

http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/2016/01/11/2016-nfl-draft-scouting-report-florida-lb-antonio-morrison/

He weighted at 232. I think he can add more at the next level. I just love his instincts and the speed he plays at.

Huddle!! Huddle!! Redneck Huddle right here!!............All right feller's. The next one of you all that want this here QB Gaaarrreeennnttteeeedddd.. in Goff or this here feller Wentz. We must only trade back with only the feller behind us one at a time & we might get us some of them there 6th or 7th round picks. After we hear that first feller holler'd either Wentz or Goff we nab de utter one with that there next pick...... Reeeeaaaddddy BREAK :P

Too many needs to take a kicker that early ....

Not just a kicker. He's a rare talent. Wouldn't like to have a guy that would go 5 for 5 from 40+ yards in a close game and who would hit that 53 yards for the win ?

He's special.

Huddle!! Huddle!! Redneck Huddle right here!!............All right feller's. The next one of you all that want this here QB Gaaarrreeennnttteeeedddd.. in Goff or this here feller Wentz. We must only trade back with only the feller behind us one at a time & we might get us a 6th or 7th rounder. After we hear that first feller holler'd either Wentz or Goff we nab de utter one with that there next pick...... Reeeeaaaddddy BREAK :P

Lol!

Not just a kicker. He's a rare talent. Wouldn't like to have a guy that would go 5 for 5 from 40+ yards in a close game and who would hit that 53 yards for the win ?

He's special.

How much have you followed the Browns? We're not drafting a kicker- period. FYI, the only FGs Coons missed last year were blocked. A couple because Erving got knocked flat on his ass. Speaking of- if Mack or Schwartz bolt- an OL becomes a priority.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/roster/Travis-Coons/d119f16f-22c0-4800-a98f-a8543b047985

How much have you followed the Browns? We're not drafting a kicker- period. FYI, the only FGs Coons missed last year were blocked. A couple because Erving got knocked flat on his ass. Speaking of- if Mack or Schwartz bolt- an OL becomes a priority.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/roster/Travis-Coons/d119f16f-22c0-4800-a98f-a8543b047985

yep.

we don't need to draft (repeat: couch) a good rookie QB that has all the promise in the world and is constantly pounded into the frozen turf in the afcn. ergo no more good rookie QB.

Archived