THE BROWNS BOARD

The Lions sign Marvin Jones for 8 million a year

Alkid3

(Another one bites the dust)

The #Lions are getting WR Marvin Jones, source said, for what is expected to be about $8M per year (as @diannaESPN said).

192 retweets115 likes

Yep, letting Benjamin go is working out just peachy keen. Now how can we fuck up our OL?

I want to be impressed by this FO before the day is out. Not starting out so hot.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, letting Benjamin go is working out just peachy keen. Now how can we fuck up our OL?

I want to be impressed by this FO before the day is out. Not starting out so hot.

They may be hard liners on building through the draft. It could be ugly for a year or two. I am sure the fans will be patient....

Waka! Waka! Waka!

They may be hard liners on building through the draft. It could be ugly for a year or two. I am sure the fans will be patient....

Waka! Waka! Waka!

LOL! If you start out your draft by losing 3-4 of your better players in FA, I'd say they need to ask the NFL for back to back double slots for each round if they want to build a team that way. At least JM found a unique way to get away from this train wreck.

Browns now have a new theme song if the day continues like this. Billy Joe and friends.

Building through the draft has really worked in recent years hasn't it ....I mean Weeden, Gilbert and Manziel are shining lights that prove the draft makes a decent football team.

We have nearly $50m in cap space for fucks sake

Building through the draft has really worked in recent years hasn't it ....I mean Weeden, Gilbert and Manziel are shining lights that prove the draft makes a decent football team.

We have nearly $50m in cap space for fucks sake

If I put Corky in charge of making the picks, it really doesn't matter how many picks they had.

Having qualified, smart people make the picks can build a good team.

Waka! Waka! Waka!

This is exactly what I heard on NFL HQ this morning about our FO. They are not keen on the draft and would rather get players from the draft. Despite what we heard from Hue. But I would've liked to have kept Benjamin, that does have me worried.

They are not keen on the draft and would rather get players from the draft.

I really hope there's at least one typo in there...

The Lions were desperate after losing their big wr...

the Browns don't need to get into a bidding war over

one player. Jones wasn't all THAT.

Be patient...let's see how it all works out.

Stupid Farmer. Stupid Dwayne Bowe.

Marvin Jones told me it was a 'stressful decision' & that he ultimately chose the Lions over the Patriots and Bengals @nflnetwork

Seems he never even considered us ....lol

Marvin Jones told me it was a 'stressful decision' & that he ultimately chose the Lions over the Patriots and Bengals @nflnetwork

Seems he never even considered us ....lol

Yes, but the Browns Board considered him!

Think he'll at least send a card?

Zombo

We always do this, a dude plays his ass off for us and we don't reward him. The one thing Cleveland could say is that we're loyal to our players that "play like a Brown". But we're not. So why again do kids want to come here and play out of college? They don't. All we get are high priced guys no one else wants to pay. Same old same old. Nothing changes. Good luck Goff or Wentz or whatever new scrub we bring in so we can cheer when he gets injured in a year or two. If either of those two guys would have to play next year they can't throw it. Ever. Just hand it off 40 times a game and just get us to the 2017 draft. Which is our SB>

Maybe then, Bowe isn't stupid, and won't be in the doghouse

with Hue at the helm !

FA isn't over yet.... btw and it sounds like Jones wanted to go

to a winning team. whatever.

We always do this, a dude plays his ass off for us and we don't reward him. The one thing Cleveland could say is that we're loyal to our players that "play like a Brown". But we're not. So why again do kids want to come here and play out of college? They don't. All we get are high priced guys no one else wants to pay. Same old same old. Nothing changes. Good luck Goff or Wentz or whatever new scrub we bring in so we can cheer when he gets injured in a year or two. If either of those two guys would have to play next year they can't throw it. Ever. Just hand it off 40 times a game and just get us to the 2017 draft. Which is our SB>

And I thought I was the one who would be writing most of the miserable posts today....welcome to the club grab yourself a Pabst and handful of peanuts and watch FA unfold :)

Oh, baloney. They rewarded Joe Thomas, didn't they? way too negative nelly.

I would just point out that its a double edged sword....are we assuming the Browns arent trying?.....you know, these players have a lot of say in the matter and, even if we make very valid offers, they could still choose to go elsewhere.....

Its not Sashis fault we have a shitty team and shitty weather....so, without any "real" info, lets not assume they arent even trying...

The other option is to make some more Dwayne Bowe deals and WAY over pay for shit.....would that be better???

Loyalty?.....HA!.....most of todays players go for the $$$ and wins.....its a business, not a love fest....

Add Mike Silver to those who say about the Harvard guys "not so sure they are NFL street smart"- 2 minutes ago on NFL Network

Casserly pretty much says they missed the boat on not realizing that FA the first couple of years is important in building a team.

The whole crew is down on how this is working out for "baseball guys".

Edit: I hate to say it but they pretty much ended it by laughing about the Browns FO along the lines of a Bob Marley song.

Oh, baloney. They rewarded Joe Thomas, didn't they? way too negative nelly.

and who else? Look I like JT but he's not playning a flashy position. A LT no matter how good he is isn't going to sell a lot of jerseys. We need to retain some of these players like Cribbs even if they fall off slightly cause it shows other players that the Browns don't toss you the minute you lose 1/100000th off your 40. If a player falls off too much that's one thing, but we need to keep some players for the sake of continuity and teaching.

Archived