THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns showing interest in 3 according to twitter

darren15

Well, Jones would be nice as a punt returner and add some snarl to the DB's.....Wisniewski would be ideal for our line and add depth at OG.....and Jones would be an upgrade at WR, as well as add some better size to the group.....I say why not?...

Now....go get us a versatile edge player OLB DE.....and a QB.....and a FS.....(Weddle would be nice)......and a Schwartz....

somehow Suh decided to play for 772,000 to make cap space. both grimes & pacman are age 32. Pac at 1.7m more of a fit now knowing Grimes walked from a 4 year deal, playing 2 at 8.0M per year & walked due to dolphins wanting him to take less. that FA splash won't happen..

Well, Jones would be nice as a punt returner and add some snarl to the DB's.....Wisniewski would be ideal for our line and add depth at OG.....and Jones would be an upgrade at WR, as well as add some better size to the group.....I say why not?...

Now....go get us a versatile edge player OLB DE.....and a QB.....and a FS.....(Weddle would be nice)......and a Schwartz....

Jones is on his last legs- literally. Don't want him just based on character issues. He's no better than Tramon Williams. If they're interested in Wisniewski might mean they're willing to let Mack and his $10 million demand walk.

would like the move at center for safety valve reasons and if mack stays (as mud has stated) it's depth we haven't really had.

screw the other two for various reasons. m. jones cuz eh.?. pacman jones: hells the fuck no.

NFL Network guys on NFL HQ this morning are reporting the Browns want to retain their 4 key free agents and get 2-3 starters from FA. Also that Manziel is gone tomorrow. That came from out of Berea. And they want to go with a young QB to develop while sticking with McCown.

Daniel Jeremiah thinks it's a better move to go after Osweiler and address the D with that first pick in the draft. I agree with him.

Casserly wants to go with Wentz.

another Bungle that hasnt been mentioned is Reggie Nelson....who is a bit long in the tooth, but still playing at a high level.....depending on how things go with Gipson, he'd be a good short term option until we develop a youngun.....

And...ok...dont need pacman....thought he had outgrown all the trouble maker stuff, but if not then screw him.....

NFL Network guys on NFL HQ this morning are reporting the Browns want to retain their 4 key free agents and get 2-3 starters from FA. Also that Manziel is gone tomorrow. That came from out of Berea. And they want to go with a young QB to develop while sticking with McCown.

Daniel Jeremiah thinks it's a better move to go after Osweiler and address the D with that first pick in the draft. I agree with him.

I like everything about this post.....

Jones is on his last legs- literally. Don't want him just based on character issues. He's no better than Tramon Williams.

May not be better than Williams, but Pacman had his best season in years last year and should Haden go down again, we might be very glad to have his play.

another Bungle that hasnt been mentioned is Reggie Nelson....who is a bit long in the tooth, but still playing at a high level.....depending on how things go with Gipson, he'd be a good short term option until we develop a youngun.....

And...ok...dont need pacman....thought he had outgrown all the trouble maker stuff, but if not then screw him.....

Am I the only one thinking we could do a lot worse than having to start Poyer? Adding Nelson would make us very old up the middle.... even with Danny being so young at NT.

On Jones... I felt the same way... and can't find any off-field stuff more recent than 2012. At some point you have to give a player credit for possibly getting straight. Yes, his on-field outburst cost his team in the playoffs, but that was on-field in a very heated game. I'm perfectly happy to leave this call in Hue's hands. Who is in a better position to judge Jones' net impact on a locker room?

As for his punt returning... his average was right there with Benji's, despite never breaking one. That Benji did break some could be due to the superiority of our return unit.

On Jones... I felt the same way... and can't find any off-field stuff more recent than 2012. At some point you have to give a player credit for possibly getting straight. Yes, his on-field outburst cost his team in the playoffs, but that was on-field in a very heated game. I'm perfectly happy to leave this call in Hue's hands. Who is in a better position to judge Jones' net impact on a locker room?

I can agree....and I trust that Hue knows best what he'd bring to the team....

Im all about high character - football first guys....but, as said many times, that doesnt mean they have to be choir boys either.....

Just dedicated hard nosed players....and, I guess, if your gonna get in trouble....Id prefer it not be drugs/alcohol or something else that limits your game.....or other things like suspensions, jail, poor work ethic, lack of focus, etc.....

And....lastly....no point in holding distant past transgressions against players....if they see the light and get it together, then thats all I need....see Von Miller, Ray Lewis, Chris Carter, Randy Moss, Brett Favre if you need some examples....

That call in the playoffs was total BS, especially since he was a guy who hadn't said much all season. A far cry from his obnoxious PacMan days. I think if Hue wants him, I'm sure he knows what he brings.

Archived