THE BROWNS BOARD

Special Districts

MLD Woody

Do you Brits not have something similar which lambasts British politics?

Actually not really, the concept is slightly different here. We have satirical 'quiz shows' with comedians, but it doesn't go as in depth on any one issue and just goes across them all superficially, like "oh look at the government, being wankers again, lol"

Actually not really, the concept is slightly different here. We have satirical 'quiz shows' with comedians, but it doesn't go as in depth on any one issue and just goes across them all superficially, like "oh look at the government, being wankers again, lol"

Well, the BBC can't hit television home runs like "Doctor Who" all the time, I suppose. :)

Well, the BBC can't hit television home runs like "Doctor Who" all the time, I suppose. :)

Don't get me wrong, the other shows are popular. Things like 'have I got news for you' have been running for decades. But just nothing in the same format of one guy railing on something in particular.

Is going to have a tough time keeping the show interesting if he can only use one issue every week. Pretty soon it's inevitable you run out of things to get worked up over.

Then again I love the guy, but it's a little bit like Penn and Tellers bullshit show.

WSS

That's assuming more topics wont ever be created

Oh certainly they will but we're talking one a week?

WSS

You're forgetting we get drip-fed things to be outraged by, so we move on from one thing to the next before actually doing anything about it.

You're forgetting we get drip-fed things to be outraged by, so we move on from one thing to the next before actually doing anything about it.

No doubt. I remember a while back someone saying a good way to tell how deeply serious the issues are were hyperventilate over is to get ahold of a newspaper from ten or twenty years ago.

We

Archived