THE BROWNS BOARD

QB Poll

Zombo

Choose your QB  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want at QB for the Browns in 2016?

• Jared Goff
    • Carson Wentz
    • Start McCown, draft a QB after 1st Round
    • Brock Osweiler
    • Robert Griffin III
    • Other (Please Name)

In a parallel universe I would actually like to see Johnny make a commitment but I don't think that's realistic.

Brock Osweiler hasn't really shown anything and will cost a shitload of money.

I don't think the pundits are necessarily stupid so anything below the third quarterback is going to be a risk.

So if quarterback is inevitable I give Wentz a tiny edge over Jared Goff.

(I do think we could trade down and still get one of them and more defensive help but that wasn't the question.)

WSS

In a parallel universe I would actually like to see Johnny make a commitment but I don't think that's realistic.

I don't think the pundits are necessarily stupid so anything below the third quarterback is going to be a risk.

(I do think we could trade down and still get one of them and more defensive help but that wasn't the question.)

WSS

I guess we both could have checked the "other" box and asked for the trade down option. @#2 is just too much of a reach for either QB. I'd like to be paid for that slot and keep whichever one is there further down.

WSS

I'm afraid of anyone past Goff and Wentz. I'm not sold on Lynch from what I've seen. I agree with you on Osweiler....he's going to cost a ton and only has like 5 starts so you're betting he's going to be great because he's been holding Peytons clipboard for 4 years.

I'd rather see us start fresh with either Goff or Wentz.

Normally I'd agree, but not this year. Can't pull my "trade-down trigger" this year...

I want Goff, but would only get seriously pissed if we lost out on both he and Wentz due to a trade down.

And for what? An added Top Ten pick in the second round? Good defenders will be there, including a couple with 1st round grades, but in my estimation the total impact of that choice plus the 1st round player we'd settle for is not going to equal that of the best, or second best, QB in the draft.

All right, I throw it out there and take what comes my way............

I'd like to see us somehow get Kap and use the 2nd pick to go D (Jack), or better yet, trade back a little, and still get Jack at 5-7.

Players don't go from Pro-Bowlers to "can't play" without a lot of 'help' from their teammates/coaches/management..............

Bring it on bitches! :P

___ _____ ________ __ ___ ______ ____ ___ _____ _______ _____ _____ , _____ ____ _____.

___ ___!!!

... and you're ugly, too...

(I'll fill in the first part later...)

I'd like to see us somehow get Kap and use the 2nd pick to go D (Jack), or better yet, trade back a little, and still get Jack at 5-7.

Players don't go from Pro-Bowlers to "can't play" without a lot of 'help' from their teammates/coaches/management..............

I'd agree with you if everything I've heard and read about him is that he's a total douchebag and lazy. We are about to get rid of a QB that has that title, can we please just get a guy who wants to eat and sleep football for a change?

I'm afraid of anyone past Goff and Wentz. I'm not sold on Lynch from what I've seen. I agree with you on Osweiler....he's going to cost a ton and only has like 5 starts so you're betting he's going to be great because he's been holding Peytons clipboard for 4 years.

I'd rather see us start fresh with either Goff or Wentz.

Yeah, sorry. I wasn't clear. Past three meant three down, including 3.

WSS

I'd agree with you if everything I've heard and read about him is that he's a total douchebag and lazy. We are about to get rid of a QB that has that title, can we please just get a guy who wants to eat and sleep football for a change?

Of course we've been down that road before too.

:)

WSS

Or the opposite possibly?

Players are elevated by those around them?.....goes both ways, I guess....

But, really dont want him on the Browns, simply because he wears those stupid hats.....

Been a long time since we've taken a QB at the top of the first round.

Yes it has.

But it doesn't mean that either of these two guys are the second best football player in the draft. But that's where we have to take them if we do.

I'm not particularly negative to either one but I should be just because odds are if whichever doesn't take us to the Superbowl I could come on here and gloat that I told you so. ;)

WSS

I'm not particularly negative to either one but I should be just because odds are if whichever doesn't take us to the Superbowl I could come on here and gloat that I told you so. ;)

WSS

You could...but that would be beneath you.

I get that we have a lot of other holes to fill...but we need a QB.

Yes it has.

But it doesn't mean that either of these two guys are the second best football player in the draft. But that's where we have to take them if we do.

It would be great if player evaluation was precise enough to list all of them in order from top to bottom... or even the top 100... or the top 50... 25... 10... but it's not. So the best you can hope to end up with is a string of pools of prospects with similar odds of succeeding on your team.

It can be argued that there is a pool of elite prospects at the top of most drafts... players for which there are no questions... players that are consensus "can't miss" prospects.

It can be argued that the 2016 draft may only have two such players: Tunsil and Ramsey. But even as big boards seem to be coalescing around these two at the top, there are arguments for the inclusion of others in their pool or at minimum debates about the distance between these two's puddle and the next pool.

I'd argue that the distance is close enough to merge the puddle and the pool. Once done the one you pull one when your time comes can be on the basis of value. Where value is a combo of position impact and need.

I'd steal the Redskins idea of a few years ago and Draft Goff or Wentz at #2, then later on draft Prescott or Sudfeld (4th or 5th round). Start McCown, hope he survives at least into October, then play the rookie if you think he's ready.

Really want Kap? Or RG Knee? I'd suggest you read THIS: http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/02/colin-kaepernick-robert-griffin-rg3-trade-future

Um, it took Defensive coordinators around 8 games to figure out Derek Anderson- just took a little longer with Kaepernic, Plus, he's been hurt.

I'd steal the Redskins idea of a few years ago and Draft Goff or Wentz at #2, then later on draft Prescott or Sudfeld (4th or 5th round). Start McCown, hope he survives at least into October, then play the rookie if you think he's ready.

My OSU homerism is showing Goff\ Wentz, and Cardale in the 4th. Though I think Shaw is a fine option as the #3 QB. They can send Davis packing- another Farmer mistake.

Really want Kap? Or RG Knee? I'd suggest you read THIS: http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/02/colin-kaepernick-robert-griffin-rg3-trade-future

Um, it took Defensive coordinators around 8 games to figure out Derek Anderson- just took a little longer with Kaepernic, Plus, he's been hurt.

My OSU homerism is showing Goff\ Wentz, and Cardale in the 4th. Though I think Shaw is a fine option as the #3 QB. They can send Davis packing- another Farmer mistake.

It's all a gamble. Take an unproven college QB at 2 and hope he turns into a solid pro, or take a pro QB that's been good in the NFL, but now has some issues, and hope he reverts back to the level he once played at............ Take a QB at 2, and that's all you get. Take a flyer on Kap, and you still get the #2 pick as well.

It would be great if player evaluation was precise enough to list all of them in order from top to bottom... or even the top 100... or the top 50... 25... 10... but it's not. So the best you can hope to end up with is a string of pools of prospects with similar odds of succeeding on your team.

It can be argued that there is a pool of elite prospects at the top of most drafts... players for which there are no questions... players that are consensus "can't miss" prospects.

It can be argued that the 2016 draft may only have two such players: Tunsil and Ramsey. But even as big boards seem to be coalescing around these two at the top, there are arguments for the inclusion of others in their pool or at minimum debates about the distance between these two's puddle and the next pool.

I'd argue that the distance is close enough to merge the puddle and the pool. Once done the one you pull one when your time comes can be on the basis of value. Where value is a combo of position impact and need.

Fixed! ;)

There's a lot to like about both Goff & Wentz. All along, Goff was my favorite, then I flipped to Wentz due to size, Goff being thin, & upside. Frankly, I'm going Goff here as, in addition to his accuracy & ability under a blitz, the kid started with a poor team, yet has 37 starts without injury. I lack technical expertise, but I like what I hear & subsequently see about his not staring down a receiver & footwork. I also thought it noteworthy that, at the Combine, it was mentioned he looked surprisingly comfortable in the 5 & 7 step drops after playing almost exclusively in the shotgun at Cal.

I'll be pleased with either one of them, but Goff just seems to have a grasp of the "tough stuff" that is harder to learn. He seems instinctive & I like that.

My vote is for Goff, but Wentz is no slouch either.

Looking at QBs from past drafts, I think both these guys are under rated when folks say they are 2nd round or later talent. I guess only time will tell.

Mike

Johnny Manziel. I still haven't seen anything bad enough from Manziel to give up one a first round QB. Weeden was an idiot on the field. Manziel is an idiot off the field. So what, give him some weapons and lets win some games, at least then we'll have a reason to celebrate too.

Johnny Manziel. I still haven't seen anything bad enough from Manziel to give up one a first round QB. Weeden was an idiot on the field. Manziel is an idiot off the field. So what, give him some weapons and lets win some games, at least then we'll have a reason to celebrate too.

tumblr_m1ny4y9vJn1r4aa4yo1_500.gif

Archived