THE BROWNS BOARD

QB Poll

Zombo

Choose your QB  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want at QB for the Browns in 2016?

• Jared Goff
    • Carson Wentz
    • Start McCown, draft a QB after 1st Round
    • Brock Osweiler
    • Robert Griffin III
    • Other (Please Name)

Really want Kap? Or RG Knee? I'd suggest you read THIS: http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/02/colin-kaepernick-robert-griffin-rg3-trade-future

Um, it took Defensive coordinators around 8 games to figure out Derek Anderson- just took a little longer with Kaepernic, Plus, he's been hurt.

My OSU homerism is showing Goff\ Wentz, and Cardale in the 4th. Though I think Shaw is a fine option as the #3 QB. They can send Davis packing- another Farmer mistake.

I like Shaw too, it's too bad he got hurt last preseason. The guy looked poised when he played in 2014.

Hue Jackson HC in Oakland in 2011, started his season @ Denver with a win with Jason Campbell, Kyle Bowler & T. Pryor as his QB's. Jason Campbell went 4-2 till he played our Browns to a win but Jason broke his collarbone. Carson Palmer was picked up off the streets in week 7. Carson went 4-6 to finish season. 8-8 I throw this story out their because a week ago when Hue stated "We have not decided nothing at #2 yet". I believe him. Trust Hue's QB background, there's more than 2 QB's in this draft & he's playing this one out till 4 28 16.. D your right, it's all a gamble @2 when your passing on the likes of a Ramsey & top 5. As for our QB, give me a Peyton Manning fresh out of Tennessee ;)..

Johnny Manziel. I still haven't seen anything bad enough from Manziel to give up one a first round QB. Weeden was an idiot on the field. Manziel is an idiot off the field. So what, give him some weapons and lets win some games, at least then we'll have a reason to celebrate too.

You may not have seen enough from Manziel off the field- but Hue and the Browns sure as hell have.

Or you miss the memo that Hue sent out at the combine?

It would be great if player evaluation was precise enough to list all of them in order from top to bottom... or even the top 100... or the top 50... 25... 10... but it's not. So the best you can hope to end up with is a string of pools of prospects with similar odds of succeeding on your team.

It can be argued that there is a pool of elite prospects at the top of most drafts... players for which there are no questions... players that are consensus "can't miss" prospects.

It can be argued that the 2016 draft may only have two such players: Tunsil and Ramsey. But even as big boards seem to be coalescing around these two at the top, there are arguments for the inclusion of others in their pool or at minimum debates about the distance between these two's puddle and the next pool.

I'd argue that the distance is close enough to merge the puddle and the pool. Once done the one you pull one when your time comes can be on the basis of value. Where value is a combo of position impact and need.

Maybe our disagreement is over the ratio of quarterback success to Team quality.

Take any of the elite quarterbacks and ask yourself what percentage of their success has to do with The Perfect Storm? Everything falling into place at the correct time? That's what I would put at well over 50%. Others, well less. I think that if a team is on the verge of success and only lacking a quality quarterback it's a far different situation than expecting that quarterback to take a bad team all the way. (would Ben Roethlisberger go to the Hall of Fame if the Browns had drafted him or would Mike Phipps or Tim Couch have fared much better had they been drafted by the Steelers?)

Unfortunately, at least for argument purposes, there's no way to tell where one of these two prospects would be drafted if the Browns don't pull the trigger at number two. And are we, as fans, dedicated to having an elite quarterback? If we are going to settle for one that's just pretty good I'd say we need as many Elite supporting players as possible.

And at the end of the day 2 or 3 years from now we will see more clearly how closely the experts predicted success of the draftees.

Unfortunately three years hasn't been and option for the Cleveland Browns.

edit: and if the quarterback was never Elite to begin with...

WSS

Maybe our disagreement is over the ratio of quarterback success to Team quality.

Or maybe the ratio of Team Success to QB quality???

If Archie Manning had gone to the best team in the NFL....

he would have had a place in the HOF, which I think he never did.

Probly should go check.

Every great qb has the other guys around him to be part of his offense,

or he gets his ass kicked like Archie Manning did for years.

I don't see how the Browns will not pick a qb at #2.. Wentz and Goff are THAT good as prospects.

Camp Wentz rocks.

Or maybe the ratio of Team Success to QB quality??? Tour

I don't think ratio calcs mean that much.... qb quality doesn't show much

when the oline and wr's suck. He gets his ass kicked. It's the Archie Manning Syndrome.

What players do we have on the roster that can run the wild dawg?
(or will have on the roster next week)
WSS

Pryor ?

when we went to watch the Browns practice last year, I was watching Pryor

got off the los vs Haden. Pryor has amazing quick feet and balance -

he can be explosive off the los... he could turn out to be terrific.

Haden had to seriously battle Pryor in the drills - it was fun to watch.

Of course, Haden matched him... Pryor has serious physical skills and instincts. He deserves

the chance to prove he can be very, very good at wr.

Why not? Seems like he's good with Pacman Jones and Josh Gordon.

And as we recall the Bengals gave the Steelers a run for their money in dirty play last season.

WSS

I don't recall that Kaepernick has ever had any legal issues or drug use issues like those other two. Correct me if I am wrong.

He had a problem not being very good under Tomsula, and apparently not liking to play for Chip Kelly....which I assume is a racial thing (he thinks Kelly tolerated Riley Cooper). He wouldn't have that issue with Hue Jackson here, now would he?

I don't recall that Kaepernick has ever had any legal issues or drug use issues like those other two. Correct me if I am wrong.

He had a problem not being very good under Tomsula, and apparently not liking to play for Chip Kelly....which I assume is a racial thing (he thinks Kelly tolerated Riley Cooper). He wouldn't have that issue with Hue Jackson here, now would he?

He's just a bad attitude ass hole, not necessarily a criminal. Of course Johnny isn't a criminal either, but an asshole in his own right.

WSS

Except JFF may indeed be a criminal.

Could be, you're the attorney. I think the case went to the grand jury as to whether to indict him for misdemeanor domestic assault correct? If a criminal is in fact someone who commits a misdemeanor that would be the case if he's charged and convicted.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't misdemeanor assault be something like yelling at someone or calling them bad names in a loud tone of voice?

WSS

Could be, you're the attorney. I think the case went to the grand jury as to whether to indict him for misdemeanor domestic assault correct? If a criminal is in fact someone who commits a misdemeanor that would be the case if he's charged and convicted.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't misdemeanor assault be something like yelling at someone or calling them bad names in a loud tone of voice?

WSS

No, you are thinking of Disorderly Conduct....a minor misdemeanor.....punishable....in Ohio with a fine of up to $150.00

Assault.....and Domestic Violence are First Degree Misdemeanors. Punishable by up to 6 months in Jail and $1000.00 fine.

Plus with DV there come a whole load of other Probationary requirements. Counseling, anger management, Protective Orders etc.

A far more serious matter.

Archived