THE BROWNS BOARD

Travis Benjamin to sign with Chargers

Alkid3

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sucks to see him go, but it's completely understandable. He served his time for four years on shitty teams and under a complete trainwreck of a front office, and probably wants to play for a contender at this point. I wish him luck (except when he plays the Browns, of course).

Browns F.O. has burned most of its bridges with its near constant mismanagement, so they're going to have a difficult time retaining quality FA's until they actually get some winning seasons under their belt and show progress. This team rebuild is going to be mostly draft-driven for the near future.

A contender? You mean the team picking above us in the draft, that has the reigning champs in their division? Yeah, I can definitely see them making a run next year.

I would like to have kept him, at the right money. We drafted him, developed him, and he's a decent 2/3 receiver and PR. But, those guys are not so hard to replace. I *really* want us to keep schwartz though.

He's replaceable. I'm glad he had a nice season and is going to get a good contract. But he's a little small, a little fragile and he isn't going to get faster as he gets older. Just a part. But a part that now has to be replaced. Farmer's damage to this team will continue to haunt us for awhile I am afraid.

Zombo

He's replaceable. I'm glad he had a nice season and is going to get a good contract. But he's a little small, a little fragile and he isn't going to get faster as he gets older. Just a part. But a part that now has to be replaced. Farmer's damage to this team will continue to haunt us for awhile I am afraid.

Zombo

EXACTLY. Getting a bit older, he can still play fast in their weather... btw, he lived in Florida... went to Miami.

He'll do well in the hot weather. But good luck to him, they offered him a contract he couldn't refuse, and

the Browns have other needs and couldn't match it. He was a round 4 pick back then, he can be replaced.

Well....hoping to hear we sign Marvin Jones today.....

Otherwise, Its gonna end up being QB at 1 and WR at 2....and our D will suffer the consequences..... :(

Marvin Jones and Josh Gordon starting, we will be drafting the #3 guy.

It will feel funny drafting a WR. That will play.

Zombo

The Browns' No. 1 and No. 2 receivers are currently Brian Hartline and Terrelle Pryor. Jim Tressel must be so proud.

Oh don't be so cup half full. Dismantalytics tells us to let him go and bring in another retread known by the new coach. ;)

Besides we don't have QB who can throw to the fastest player in the NFL. He'll just outrun the underthrow. :lol:

Ben Axelrod@BenAxelrod 1h1 hour ago

The Browns' No. 1 and No. 2 receivers are currently Brian Hartline and Terrelle Pryor. Jim Tressel must be so proud.

We've done worse...

Twitter rumors Hawkins want out of Cleveland

Big change from being our head recruiter less than 24 hours ago...

Out with the smurfs.

Zombo

--Take Gabriel with him

Next time I say trade someone, don't give me shit...

Southern California or Cleveland, OH?

that's a real tough choice

Actually, it is. In a study about lifestyle, Cleveland beat San Diego in like 11 out of 12 categories.

This included things like cost of living, crime rate, housing costs, congestion, unemployment, education ....Cleveland even beat SD in sport team success.

San Diego won 1 category: milder weather.

(and Cleveland fared the same vs. LA...except the part about sports teams)

exactly.

san diego is no contender BUT they do have the best weather and the best looking women in the US.

I am not sure about the women. Perhaps they simply have the most scantily clad, most botoxed women. That was not part of the study.

Marvin Jones and Josh Gordon starting, we will be drafting the #3 guy.

It will feel funny drafting a WR. That will play.

Zombo

Yea, agree about the smurfs. Bring back the Flying Js: Josh Gordon, Josh Cribbs, Jordan Norwood, Josh Cooper etc.

Well, not those guys specifically....but bigger receivers. Pryor adds to the average height. Of course, so did Vince Mayle....proving height alone isn't sufficient.

The fact that they gave Pryor a third round tender says they think he's viable.....and, though I know no one wants to count on him(and I get why), they must be banking a decent amount on Gordons return.....

Dwayne Bowe

According to nfl.com remaining FA WRs- Anquan Boldin (no thanks), Mike Wallace, Mohamed Sanu, Rishard Mattews, Jermaine Kearse, Percy Harvin (no thanks), Brian Quick (never heard of him), Rubin Randle (ditto)

Slim pickings guys. :(

Someone must have not told him that Joe Thomas is going to the Hall of Fame.

I think it is time to stop this fucking charade. This franchise is a joke. The team needs to be sent to another city and renamed. The Browns died with Art Modell. Why keep kicking the corpse and expecting the Lazarus effect?

Nobody wants to play in Cleveland,

FYI, the Browns will have a full training camp roster...and a full 53 man season roster. And they will all be glad to play and collect their paychecks.

But....one aspect of your statement is probably true: Nobody that wants to be vastly overpaid will want to play in Cleveland.

So...we're probably going to draft QB at #2, sit him all year (or until McCown injury). We have lost Benji and Mack, and I'll say Schwartz is gone too. Jesus, who is left that you want to see?

The only player I really have hopes for is a WR that hasn't played in a year, and that is one joint away from never playing a snap in the NFL.

Archived