THE BROWNS BOARD

Mitch Schwartz

darren15

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, if silver said it, must be that even Mary Kay Cabot is correct:

1 hour ago - View on Twitter
Hearing RT Mitchell Schwartz has a decent chance of returning to the #Browns. About $7.5 million a year.
9 mins ago - View on Twitter
I am hearing that RT Mitchell Schwartz likely won't return to the Browns...

if another team offers Mitchell 8, I'd pay him nine. or maybe ten.

Anything past that is dumb. Same goes for Mack. Joe Thomas gets 11.

The RT is as important as LT anymore, except he isn't protecting the qb's blind side... and having a great center

is what a #1 draft pick needs when he plays.

apparently, the bidding war is way out of control.. the Osemele deal raises the stakes dramatically.

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/3/8/11180630/kelechi-osemeles-massive-deal-makes-it-unlikely-that-both-alex-mack

Well, just takes one crackhead deal to get everyone else (Schwartz) thinking they can match it. :(

$12 million for a guard? More than what Joe T is making? That expanded cap is giving teams delusions.

Or they decided to blow it up after Mack and Benjamin left. Not saying I believe that, just a thought.

Yeah.. maybe... but not feeling that.

Not being able to patch the one hole in your boat is no reason to knock another hole in it...

Not what was meant... Of course there are patches. Just none named Mack.

The point was you don't intentionally compound your issues by creating more issues... not without better alternatives or good reasons.

Case in point of the latter... It's possible we put an increased offer on the table for Mitch to outbid Team A, and then found out the agent is using our offer to leverage Team B.

I agree with that, but I don't think Mack is as irreplaceable as you do, especially at this point in his career. He'll be good for another couple years, but he's reaching his peak/downward arch of his career. And they are building long-term, and starting over, it seems.

We'll see on Schwartz. Posturing is real.

NFL Network guys made a good point. When you are bringing in a rookie QB you have to overpay to protect him and at this point the Browns don't seem to want to pay the price. Implied that if this is indeed what happens, then they will ruin the new QB and be starting over once again. They just cannot discern what the Browns are up to. Can't figure out their "plan".

I agree with that, but I don't think Mack is as irreplaceable as you do, especially at this point in his career. He'll be good for another couple years, but he's reaching his peak/downward arch of his career. And they are building long-term, and starting over, it seems.

We'll see on Schwartz. Posturing is real.

Then in that case you must be actively trying to get rid of Mack... ;) I've never come close to saying Mack is "irreplaceable". I've generated multiple scenarios through FA, draft and shuffling our OL to replace him.

I've maintained Mitchell was the far more important signing. Why our rookie FO would choose his negotiation to practice posturing is beyond me.

Pulled an offer??? Only way you'd do that is if another, better option had developed...

Word on Schwartz is we had the highest offer on the table and he wants to go "back" to another team(Atl?) and use our price to negotiate....and the Browns said fuck that....

Then in that case you must be actively trying to get rid of Mack... ;) I've never come close to saying Mack is "irreplaceable". I've generated multiple scenarios through FA, draft and shuffling our OL to replace him.

I've maintained Mitchell was the far more important signing. Why our rookie FO would choose his negotiation to practice posturing is beyond me.

Not necessarily, I just see that perspective and don't hate it.

Archived