THE BROWNS BOARD

Mitch Schwartz

darren15

and who are the people that were praising the firing of the last regime and are now befuddled with what's happening in the FO now?

geez. and some thought we'd just magically jump to 10 and 6 with the hiring of an 8 and 8 head coach and some brainiac suits.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK all you Chicken Littles, note this: If the Browns could get one of the following OTs, the loss of The Schwartz could be mostly negated:

Jeff Allen KC

Byron Bell Tenn

Donald Penn Oakland

Jermon Bushrod Chicago

Russell Okung Seattle

Tyler Polumbus Denver

and who are the people that were praising the firing of the last regime and are now befuddled with what's happening in the FO now?

geez. and some thought we'd just magically jump to 10 and 6 with the hiring of an 8 and 8 head coach and some brainiac suits.

No one thinks that.

Adhering to the "build through the draft and maintain your core players" mantra is what some are upset about, Schwartz was a key young player. Thanks.

No one thinks that.

Adhering to the "build through the draft and maintain your core players" mantra is what some are upset about, Schwartz was a key young player. Thanks.

Got true details from both sides on Schwartz Deal being pulled?? mind blowing minds are swelling

Rumor is that the Browns may have pulled the offer to Schwartz because they have their eye on a different ROT that would actually be a better deal for them....analytics wise. (maybe one of the guys listed above?)

So, e.g., they may feel they can get a guy just about as good as Schwartz for a couple of million or so per year less.

Theirs been mingling since combine & few hours before the start, we pull out for some nickels & dimes on a guy like Schwartz that may want to stay here. Can't wait to hear this All Star :P Sushi Foooowwweeeeee!!

Rumor is that the Browns may have pulled the offer to Schwartz because they have their eye on a different ROT that would actually be a better deal for them....analytics wise. (maybe one of the guys listed above?)

So, e.g., they may feel they can get a guy just about as good as Schwartz for a couple of million or so per year less.

there are a number of them still out there....not like Schwartz was the only one....BUT, of the 3 players that left, Mitch is the one Im sorry to see go....

Why are we so concerned with saving a couple million dollars when we have like 40 million in cap space. What exactly are we saving this money for?

Hence the comments from Berea about how important it was to keep our own. Sorry Gip, not buying that argument today. They fucked this up and no amount of repainting is going to change the crumbling underneath.

Gotta keep your 3-13 core guys for sure.

I like the sarcasm but the two highest paid players are a 31 year old LT and a concussion prone DB at $24 million. If "blowing this up" was truly what this is all about people better not get upset when Thomas gets moved for a 6th rounder on draft day.

I like the sarcasm but the two highest paid players are a 31 year old LT and a concussion prone DB at $24 million. If "blowing this up" was truly what this is all about people better not get upset when Thomas gets moved for a 6th rounder on draft day.

Haden has one of the most inflated, bad contracts in the NFL. Hasn't been a top 5 corner (or even sniffed that territory) in 2 years since he signed it.

If anyone needs to go, it's him next.

Haden has one of the most inflated, bad contracts in the NFL. Hasn't been a top 5 corner (or even sniffed that territory) in 2 years since he signed it.

If anyone needs to go, it's him next.

Gotta think the guaranteed money makes him impossible to trade. Don't think the Browns will cut him.

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL

Mitchell Schwartz Chiefs deal: $33 million, $15M gtd, $7M signing bonus, salaries $750K, $4.9M, $5.7M, $6M, $6M

Mitchell Schwartz base salaries fully gtdin 2016, 2017; 2018 gtd for injury at signing, full gt if on roster third day 2018 league year

Going by these numbers, it's entirely possible that the Browns' rumored offer was more lucrative than the one he eventually signed for.

And even if it wasn't, am I the only one that would have been completely fine with these terms?

I know, I know. I have to have patience.

But if we're bringing in a rookie QB, we need to be able to protect him. And in my opinion, letting Schwartz go for a little over $6M/yr is... sloppy.

No one thinks that.

Mitchell Schwartz Chiefs deal: $33 million, $15M gtd, $7M signing bonus, salaries $750K, $4.9M, $5.7M, $6M, $6M

Mitchell Schwartz base salaries fully gtdin 2016, 2017; 2018 gtd for injury at signing, full gt if on roster third day 2018 league year

Now I'm pissed- I'd be 100% happy with those numbers.

I guess the difference was the guaranteed money. I hope the teams that our fa's go to

lose plenty of games, especially to the Browns. We'll see how it goes.

And even if it wasn't, am I the only one that would have been completely fine with these terms?

Nope... already posted that a 3-yr, $7.5mm average with 60% guaranteed was fine by me and if 5-yr, then $8mm and 50% was OK. Would have put Mitch solidly atop the RT pay scale... a position he earned.

Plus when there is no injury history or work ethic concerns, you pay up front... a schedule which would also fit with a rookie QB deal.

Archived