THE BROWNS BOARD

Brock Osweiler to Sign With Texans

Opal312

That's right! With the second pick we can upgrade to Wentz or Goff, but I thought Osweiler was pretty good. He went 5-2 and if he didn't win those five games they don't get the ring. Of course their defense is lights out.

The rest of QB free agents suck, except Kap, hey maybe Kaepernick goes to Broncos!

Because he's Brock Osweiler.

Zombo

Agreed. He hasn't proven a damn thing to get the money that was being thrown around. The qb market contract wise is ridiculous. Browns fans should be glad they didn't go after him.

4 years....$72 million......the amount of stupid just keeps growing....

Worse... $37mm is guaranteed...

Why didn't we go after him?

See below, $72 million reasons.....

4 years....$72 million......the amount of stupid just keeps growing....

& the Broncos are screwed....

Worse... $37mm is guaranteed...

We be drafting Goff or Wentz. Hoorta's lead pipe lock guarantee......

Texas is signing him to 4years/ 72 Million, who wouldn't play for that money. Apparently Broncos didn't think he was worth more than they offered. My guess is They go after a veteran and draft someone like Cardale Jones to ride the bench for awhile.

Maybe we could ship Manziel off to Denver in exchange for Von Miller or Emanuel Sanders.

I agree that teams overpay for QBs. But supply and demand dictates that lesser teams are willing to overpay. John Elway has watched Osweiler for 4 years so he and the coaches know. I don't think he's worth 18 million per year but as long as teams are willing to spend big money you can't blame players for going after it.

Gotta understand the Texans viewpoint, they have a limited window with that defense. They have to go to the SB in the next two years or they lose that window. Osweiler might be able to do enough to get them over. Same bunch of guys here that say Watt never won Houston a SB so who cares about defense till you have a QB. Well Houston went out and got arguably the best available QB in FA. Can't hate on them. If it doesn't work out they'll offload players in a few years and start over, that contract won't mean shit. I give Houston credit, they're doing what they have to do in order to get their team over the playoff hump. That wasn't gonna happen with Hoyer or Weedon or any other Cleveland scrap they may pick up.

I think it's next to impossible to accurately evaluate Brock. He played with one of the best defenses in the past 20 years, he knew he'd get the ball back all game long, and he knew he'd get a buttload of turnovers. He didn't have to win the game very often. I realize the Texans are somewhat similar, but even their defense can't compete with what the Broncos had.

They have one of the best receivers in football! And he's still young. Their fans can't be too disappointed. They would have never gotten anyone better where they're drafting. It's a lot of money but that's the NFL.

Gotta understand the Texans viewpoint, they have a limited window with that defense.

Spot on... They had two glaring needs: QB and RB, and filled them both.

Texas is signing him to 4years/ 72 Million, who wouldn't play for that money. Apparently Broncos didn't think he was worth more than they offered. My guess is They go after a veteran and draft someone like Cardale Jones to ride the bench for awhile.

Maybe we could ship Manziel off to Denver in exchange for Von Miller or Emanuel Sanders.

i now the second part was a joke, correct?

still wondering to laugh about the cardale comment or if you are serious?

Archived