THE BROWNS BOARD

Food for Thought

calfoxwc

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"
By Junius P. Long
Food For Thought:
If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally .....then you might live in a country run by idiots.
If you have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion ...then you might live in a country run by idiots.
If you have to show identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book, but you don't have to show ID for the right to vote on who runs the government .....then you might live in a country run by idiots.
If the government wants to ban stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines with more than ten rounds, but gives 20 F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt .....then you might live in a country run by idiots.
If, in the largest city of the country, you can buy two 16-ounce sodas, but not a 24-ounce soda because the government says a 24-ounce sugary drink might make you fat .....then you might live in a country run by idiots.
If an 80-year-old woman can be stripped searched by the TSA but a woman in a hi-jab is only subject to having her neck and head searched because of her religion .....then you might live in a country run by idiots.
If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more ...then you might live in a country run by idiots.
If a seven year old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher’s "cute," but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable .....then you might live in a country run by idiots.
If hard work and success is rewarded with higher taxes and more government intrusion, while not working is rewarded with EBT cards, WIC checks, Medicaid, subsidized housing, and free cell phones .....then you might live in a country run by idiots.
If the government's plan for getting people back to work is to reward them with 99 weeks of unemployment checks with no requirement to prove they applied for it .....then you might live in a country run by idiots.
If being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you more "safe" according to the government ..... then you might live in a country run by idiots.
One more: if prisoners got it better than our old people in homes. You ARE living in a country run by IDIOTS!

Furthermore, so many of the processed foods we buy in America... have

dyes in them which are derivatives of.... petroleum.

Foods in Europe have food dyes derived from... natural, botanical sources.....

Search Results
11 Foods Banned Outside the U.S. - ABC News
abcnews.go.com › Lifestyle › Lifestyle
Jun 26, 2013 - A recently published list of foods banned in countries outside the U.S. ... I'm not reflexively saying people should eat all the food additives they ...
Food Dyes & Additives Proven Unsafe! - Natural Health Blog ...
www.onlineholistichealth.com/food-dyes-additives-proven-unsafe/
Feb 26, 2015 - ADHD and Cancer Linked to Food Dyes in Europe. Interestingly, five of the allowed colors in the USA were linked to ADHD, Cancer and other ...
Food Coloring BAN in the UK but Usage Continues for USA ...
www.biohealthbase.org/.../food-coloring-ban-in-uk-but-usa-usage-conti...
Oct 23, 2014 - However, in 1856, the first synthetic food color was prepared by Sir William H. Perkin which was used in US, Europe and other places as a food ...
Europe BANS Food Dyes due to ADHD & Cancer Links ...
csglobe.com/europe-bans-food-dyes-due-to-adhd-cancer-links/
Apr 19, 2013 - In the USA, there are seven artificial colorings that are permitted. They are: ... ADHD & Cancer Linked to Food Dyes in Europe. Interestingly, five ...

11 Food Ingredients Banned Outside the U.S. That We Eat
<div class="ad-728x90" "="" style="padding: 5px 10px 10px 7px; margin: 0px auto; position: relative; width: 728px; height: 90px; overflow: hidden;">By SUSANNA KIM (@skimm) June 26, 2013

"Until the twentieth century, food coloring was obtained from natural sources," Jayson and Mira Calton write in "Rich Food, Poor Food." "People gathered spices, like saffron and turmeric, to add rich hues to their otherwise bland-colored foods. While this method may have been somewhat limiting in shades, at least it was safe. Today, most artificial colors are made from coal tar."

Something like this for example

http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking

UK and US next to each other under 'mostly free' while Hong Kong, Singapore, New Zealand, Australia and Switzerland are 'free'. I'm not sure they take in to account gay rights as I know Singapore and Australia are seriously lagging on that front, but there's a load of other measurements used.

I'm sure you'll find other rankings that have different orders, of course.

OK I'll have a hard time reading a 116 page PDF. I just figured you could toss me out a few examples since I know you spent time in Singapore and quite possibly some of these other places. Not a debate just a question sir. Just a couple of guys chewing a friendly rag at the pub.

WSS

Sure. In singapore taxes are much lower, so that probably factors in to 'economic freedom' in being able to do what you want with your money. They're also striving to become a finance/tech hub so starting businesses is very easy I believe, there's not much regulation from the state in terms of what you can and can't do. That kind of thing.

Sure. In singapore taxes are much lower, so that probably factors in to 'economic freedom' in being able to do what you want with your money. They're also striving to become a finance/tech hub so starting businesses is very easy I believe, there's not much regulation from the state in terms of what you can and can't do. That kind of thing.

That's something I didn't realize.

Do they also have socialized medicine and if so how did they pay for it? Does Singapore have much in the way of a defense budget? That would offset some programs.

Is there much of a minority presence in Singapore?

WSS

Singapore does not have a standing army. Instead it has military accords with the major powers, and all men are required to enter national service, and go for regular (every couple of years) training weeks. A guy I used to work with was in fintech with me but also 'moonlighted' as a sniper. Kinda weird to find out.

For medicine, it is subsidised, but following the 'skin in the game' angle I hear here so much. Point being to stop people just randomly abusing things like GPs, but at the same time making it affordable enough that for genuine issues there's no problem. Fortunately I never had to use it, so couldn't comment on its quality, but I gather it's quite good.

I have a brother who lives in singapore right now......says its an amazing place in a lot of ways....super high standard of living and has just about everything youd ever want or need......extremely orderly, with very little crime.....though there are some stiff penalties if you break the law and some VERY stiff penalties for some crimes.....death penalty for murder or selling drugs, so dont plan on getting high there....ha!.........great people and food and housing though!

Archived