THE BROWNS BOARD

Gipson to the Jags

sdballis

By far one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here. We can upgrade over Schwartz and Mack for less money? LOL you're delusional, the amount of spinning in this thread is vomit inducing.

If that is the most ridiculous thing you have read around here, then you must have signed up at lunch today.

Considering the stellar performance the line as a whole put up last year, I'd say it wouldn't be to hard to upgrade cheaper. Shit, some of those performances Mack turned in last year, you could have bought a piece of OSB board at Home Depot for $5.20 and got better protection.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps a tall, athletic former CB that learned to tackle on STs last year?

Part of me laughed at the thought of this because of the monumental differences in positions.

Then I realized, Gilbert's football IQ isn't terrible, he's athletic, right size, great eyes in zone coverage.

He may never have the footwork and hips to play CB at the level we expect.

So....why not?

So....why not?

IKR... look at his shining moment vs. Indy. He was essentially playing a softball rover in short, right-field... Why not centerfield? That's what Gip was best at playing...

I love just about everything about that song... and the video is even better...

Part of me laughed at the thought of this because of the monumental differences in positions.

Then I realized, Gilbert's football IQ isn't terrible, he's athletic, right size, great eyes in zone coverage.

He may never have the footwork and hips to play CB at the level we expect.

So....why not?

Right....if they can move Bademosi from safety to CB, then Id think the opposite would be an easier transition......Gilbert would make a great center fielder....

My biggest concern would be his tackling, but was reminded by Tour how he evolved as a gunner on ST and showed some grit this past season.....

IKR... look at his shining moment vs. Indy. He was essentially playing a softball rover in short, right-field...

That was the first play that came to mind and I had a front row seat for it. He fell off his primary assignment and right into the route.

Granted, playing safety takes far more than just waiting for the ball to be throw - physically he's capable and mentally I see capacity for the position.

Right....if they can move Bademosi from safety to CB, then Id think the opposite would be an easier transition......Gilbert would make a great center fielder....

My biggest concern would be his tackling, but was reminded by Tour how he evolved as a gunner on ST and showed some grit this past season.....

Bademosi was moved out of pure need, nothing more. You'd also be surprised when thinking the transition is 'easier'. Things just don't work that way. I wouldn't say Gilbert would make a great prospect for the spot yet, but I'd be more than willing to give him a long look there.

That was the first play that came to mind and I had a front row seat for it. He fell off his primary assignment and right into the route.

Granted, playing safety takes far more than just waiting for the ball to be throw - physically he's capable and mentally I see capacity for the position.

And certainly it would not be a pain free transition...

I'd fully expect him to get burned peeking into the backfield from time to time, but then better there than at CB. On balance peeking pays more dividends at FS...

Real question to my mind would be his discipline when called D requires him to pick up a WR 1-on-1....

Is there a reason to think Pryor couldn't be transformed into FS? Pryor is a better athlete today than Earl Thomas ever was..

I like Poyer.

He can start in this league.

You PFF guys ... how did they rate him when he was on the field?

He's athletic, and he's a gustler.

Z

Is there a reason to think Pryor couldn't be transformed into FS? Pryor is a better athlete today than Earl Thomas ever was..

Aside from the fact Terrelle has never played DB and doesn't enjoy contact?

Being an athlete is a secondary necessity to playing the position at an elite level.

You'd also be surprised when thinking the transition is 'easier'. Things just don't work that way. I wouldn't say Gilbert would make a great prospect for the spot yet, but I'd be more than willing to give him a long look there.

Yeah....cant profess to know for sure.... Ive seen a number of very successful transitions from CB to S over the years, but cant really come up with any high profile S to CB conversions....but, a number of CB's who have lost a step in their careers, have gone on to excel at S.....Best examples would be Rod & Charles Woodson....and, of course, the great Ronnie Lott.....

But I get it wont be "easy"....definitely a different mentality goes into playing the run and middle.....

Yeah....cant profess to know for sure.... Ive seen a number of very successful transitions from CB to S over the years, but cant really come up with any high profile S to CB conversions....but, a number of CB's who have lost a step in their careers, have gone on to excel at S.....Best examples would be Rod & Charles Woodson....and, of course, the great Ronnie Lott.....

But I get it wont be "easy"....definitely a different mentality goes into playing the run and middle.....

Well Mack Brown at Texas was recruiting Johnny Football as a safety, not as a QB.

He's available. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: But they will have to become the Vegas Vaginas :o

Well Mack Brown at Texas was recruiting Johnny Football as a safety, not as a QB.

He's available. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha!.....considering he cant tackle his own issues, dont see how he could ever tackle a TE ....... :D:blink:

Unfortunately it appears so is FO.

"In baseball, I had a 20-year library of players and transactions and all that sort of thing that I don’t have right now, very admittedly,” he said. “As we were going through free agency this week, I was talking to some of the guys in the room and I was asking a lot of questions, but I said, I literally am not trying to lead the witness here, I truly don’t know and don’t have an opinion one way or the other. So that’s a real challenge for me, and just trying to take our mindset and bring it into football and create processes and systems around that is challenging."-----Depo

Archived