THE BROWNS BOARD

How likely, now, do you'all think it is, that the Browns trade down from #2?

calfoxwc

If Josh Cribbs said is correct, the Browns want to bring in their own young guys and develop

their team, for the most part, of guys who want to be here.....

and the free agents bolted for $$$$ and wins...

and he says the Browns should trade out of #2, because the top two qb's aren't

stay at #2 qb's...

how likely do ya think that will happen? and how far would they trade down? and How far

down, given that it would be a great return of picks?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Witness the collapse of one of the most storied franchises in the NFL. The poor folks of Cleveland deserve much better than the camel shit that's been shoveled on them for the past decade.

I've been waiting for a turnaround long enough. Face it folks - it won't happen in our lifetime.

How likely, now, do you'all think it is, that the Browns trade down from #2?

Gotta say, cal, more likely than I thought when I got up this AM.

But we've 7 more weeks to go...

We have lost some good but not great players! We need to replace some finesse OL with a couple of

mauler/roadgrader types!!! Our defense will survive without Gipson and this is a deep defensive

draft! This day FA wise could have gone better,but it could have gone much worse. I still have faith

In Hue and Co.and refuse to go chicken little!!! If we get three or four FOOTBALL players in FA

we will be fine...maybe even get to five wins this year ;-) STAY POSITIVE!!! GO BROWNS

We have lost some good but not great players! We need to replace some finesse OL with a couple of

mauler/roadgrader types!!! Our defense will survive without Gipson and this is a deep defensive

draft! This day FA wise could have gone better,but it could have gone much worse. I still have faith

In Hue and Co.and refuse to go chicken little!!! If we get three or four FOOTBALL players in FA

we will be fine...maybe even get to five wins this year ;-) STAY POSITIVE!!! GO BROWNS

Well said. I'm very interested to see what happens over the long haul.

Mike

This feels like the implosion that took place at Philly with another guy who had no idea what he was doing. Sorry they failed to retain the free agents they said they wanted to keep. Massive fail.

CBS Sports is saying they were negotiating with Schwartz and then yanked the offer. For whatever reason the Browns aren't being flexible. The negative Press is out in full force today.

They better have a good draft.

It's one thing to negotiate, and another to be played against other teams huge offers.

Not a winning game.

Maybe if they had negotiated better before open season then those things would not be happening now.

Maybe if they had negotiated better before open season then those things would not be happening now.

or....maybe the players just wouldnt sign because they wanted more $ or just to leave....considering Mack and Schwartz signed for less than we offered, Id say thats the more likely scenario......and Benji has been "negotiating for 5 months now, with BOTH FO's, yet didnt sign.....5 months.....and Gipson?....you think he's a $7 million safety?.....seriously?....

Witness the collapse of one of the most storied franchises in the NFL. The poor folks of Cleveland deserve much better than the camel shit that's been shoveled on them for the past decade.

I've been waiting for a turnaround long enough. Face it folks - it won't happen in our lifetime.

Yup- welcome to the level of Cubs fandom. Maybe Harlem Globetrotters, because right now we're only good for a few laughs to the rest of the NFL.

or....maybe the players just wouldnt sign because they wanted more $ or just to leave....considering Mack and Schwartz signed for less than we offered, Id say thats the more likely scenario......and Benji has been "negotiating for 5 months now, with BOTH FO's, yet didnt sign.....5 months.....and Gipson?....you think he's a $7 million safety?.....seriously?....

Right now I don't know what to think Mud. If the bold is true- we have one toxic situation brewing on the shore of Lake Erie.

Yup- welcome to the level of Cubs fandom. Maybe Harlem Globetrotters, because right now we're only good for a few laughs to the rest of the NFL.

Right now I don't know what to think Mud. If the bold is true- we have one toxic situation brewing on the shore of Lake Erie.

It is true......we offered both of them better deals and they passed......and we had enough sense to draw the line with the other 2 ...

It is true......we offered both of them better deals and they passed......and we had enough sense to draw the line with the other 2 ...

Well that does not bode well for the persuasive powers of the new regime then does it.

I dont know Ag....Im not drawing conclusions after only 1/2 day on the job......Mack was gone and we all knew it.....I agree with letting the other 2 go....so, to me, Schwartz was the one deal I hoped and expected them to really work on....and they didnt get it done.....does that mean they suck?....I think it would be irrational to conclude that today.....

If they sigh another decent C and T, then no big deal.....right?.....

Dont forget, we have yet another new guy on the job....so, again, just like every 2 years here, there is yet another learning curve to endure.....thats how it goes when you hire a completely new staff every other year.....especially staff that has no experience at the job they are now doing....

Interesting how we are getting slammed for having a bad day...yet Denver and the horse face are getting articles of praise for standing pat and "not signing" players who dont want to be there.....and the players they let walk are actually good.....weird eh?

Interesting how we are getting slammed for having a bad day...yet Denver and the horse face are getting articles of praise for standing pat and "not signing" players who dont want to be there.....and the players they let walk are actually good.....weird eh?

Well sure- the Donkeys just won the SB- so what if they currently don't have a QB who's worth a damn?

The difference? They won't have to overpay to attract talent.

or....maybe the players just wouldnt sign because they wanted more $ or just to leave....considering Mack and Schwartz signed for less than we offered, Id say thats the more likely scenario

I was unaware that the guaranteed money the Browns offered was public knowledge. The overall value of a contract might have been higher but I'm guessing the most important part "guaranteed money" might have been less. Then again one or both of them could have had enough of the Browns BS.

I'm usually a fan of trading down. The draft is a crapshoot and the more times you can roll the dice the better chance you have for a winner.

We have more glaring holes today and we did 2 days ago and logically if you get two or three guys in the draft that can even play in the league you are lucky.

WSS

Nah... not weird... just consistent with the narative of "Broncos genius; Browns bad."

Prolly going to take jason spriggs with our 2nd or 3rd. Analytics say he will be about as good as joe thomas

Don't know about Joe, but certainly has a shot of equally Mitch with a lil' seasoning.

Unfortunately that's why he now appears to be headed into the bottom half of the 1st round.

Wentz's left tackle could easily be there in the third...top of the fourth.... if you read up on

both players, there isn't that much difference in their physical abilities, imho.

Archived