THE BROWNS BOARD

How likely, now, do you'all think it is, that the Browns trade down from #2?

calfoxwc

Baloney. I like Lynch, but not anywhere near as much as Wentz.

Lynch...will....not...be....there....at......32. It's a silly pipe dream.

That's what I think. So, you want to not draft at 2, and get Lynch at 32, after he probably already went earlier.

You take that chance, you will get burned, like sitting on a molten hot rock.

That's old Browns fo methodology.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lynch could be good in a few years.... if he's there at 32, I'll be shocked.

and I think Kaep is just playing the Browns to get a good deal from Denver.

We already have a veteran qb that wants to be here, is a great teammate and mentor,

and threw for 451 yds in a game vs the ratbirds, I think it was.

The 2016 Gruden’s QB Camp class features:

• Jared Goff (California),
  • Carson Wentz (North Dakota State),
  • Connor Cook (Michigan State),
  • Christian Hackenberg (Penn State),
  • Cardale Jones (Ohio State),
  • Paxton Lynch (Memphis), and
  • Dak Prescott (Mississippi State).

Who is taking 3 Qbs? If we pass on one of them - I don't think both Goff and Wentz and Lynch goes before the second round... who is taking all these QBs if we pass. Id wager that if the Browns pass on a QB it sets off a chain reaction and only ONE, if that, goes in the first round. What teams NEED at QB that bad that they would burn a first round pick on one of these guys over the abundance of talent available in the first round?

Most teams have their QB from years past... or have acquired talented QBs to fit their system, this is the year to build outside the QB. There are players. Elliot, Treadwell, Bosa, Tunsil, At least a handful of D-line and a couple players in the secondary that will make the first round. There's some good WRs. There is a beast TE that will be gone by the second. There is Jack and then you have ostrich looking Goff with his skinny jeans and arms. Then you have Wentz... don't draft the young version of Brandon Weeden. Wentz in Cleveland is just too much orange. Then when the Bengals and Browns play it can be the match of the NFL's red-headed stepchildren... I'm gonna vomit.

Bosa makes the Browns Defense Elite. Shelton and Bosa with Desmond Bryants' big ass, on the line. You put Kruger or Mingo on the other side and that QB isn't going anywhere but down.

For the QB hungry guys, We get Lynch at the top of the bottom of the first. Who is spending a first rounder on Lynch- besides the Browns? Once you get to the 20's no team up there need a QB.

Bosa makes the Browns Defense Elite. Shelton and Bosa with Desmond Bryants' big ass, on the line. You put Kruger or Mingo on the other side and that QB isn't going anywhere down.

For the QB hungry guys, We get Lynch at the top of the bottom of the first. Who is spending a first rounder on Lynch- besides the Browns? Once you get to the 20's no team up there need a QB.

So...cross off Bosa and Lynch as being good NFL players. They've received the PoG seal of suckage like Richardson and Manziel.

The 2016 Gruden’s QB Camp class features:

• Jared Goff (California),
  • Carson Wentz (North Dakota State),
  • Connor Cook (Michigan State),
  • Christian Hackenberg (Penn State),
  • Cardale Jones (Ohio State),
  • Paxton Lynch (Memphis), and
  • Dak Prescott (Mississippi State).

Will Dak roll up with a 12 pack of Goose Island IPA ?

I said NOT to draft Manziel. We could have gotten Mack and Carr like the Raiders did....

So now, 2 years later... maybe now you'll listen to me.

Mack and Carr

Bosa and Lynch.

Please note. I like Bosa more than I liked Mack but I liked Carr way, way more than Lynch.

I don't care if they take Lynch or not. Just if we are going to take one, I hope it's in at the earliest in the second and it's Lynch and not Goff or Wentz.

the PoG QB kiss of death list (with a RB thrown in for the hell of it):

colt mccoy

trent richardson

brandon weeden

johnny football

etc. etc. etc.

yeah i liked carr too but that's like saying i liked joe montana 3 years after he was drafted.

Brandon Weeden? Colt McCoy was my choice, Weeden the 30 year old QB, no thanks.

Colt McCoy... who just resigned, what a backup QB to have! I'd still have him on the roster today.

Richardson is making a comeback.

Mack was selected to the probowl for 2 different positions.

Carr is a Franchise QB.

Mathieu is an all-pro.

I made the best of Manziel. Hard to defend him when he's such a dumbshit, but hey, he was our QB. He's not anymore. It's sad to me because he could have been something special... and to see those fall from grace, from having the world on a string... that brings me no joy.

I'm still behind Gilbert though, somebodies got to pan out. I think Danny will be good for a long time. I don't know about Cam Erving. Hope he has the 'want to' to fill Mack's shoes.

Lynch is no where near the worst qb in this draft.

yeah i didn't mean it literally, just busting someone's balls.

if i were the browns though and he was sitting there staring at you and you hadn't picked a QB yet, just keep looking down the player list and wait until next year.

i wouldn't touch that yokel with a 10' pole.

Lynch could be good in a few years.... if he's there at 32, I'll be shocked.

and I think Kaep is just playing the Browns to get a good deal from Denver.

We already have a veteran qb that wants to be here, is a great teammate and mentor,

and threw for 451 yds in a game vs the ratbirds, I think it was.

But....is Denver asking him to take a pay cut as the Browns are? Denver was not offering the pick the Browns were....which was the holdup there iirc. They want a 2d rounder out of Kaep. Too much.

Is Kaep's agent asking for the same concession from Denver: no pay cut...as he is from the Browns?

Come April 1 and he is released, is it all moot anyway....except for the cap hit the Niners must take?

Who is taking 3 Qbs? If we pass on one of them - I don't think both Goff and Wentz and Lynch goes before the second round... who is taking all these QBs if we pass. Id wager that if the Browns pass on a QB it sets off a chain reaction and only ONE, if that, goes in the first round. What teams NEED at QB that bad that they would burn a first round pick on one of these guys over the abundance of talent available in the first round?

There are about 6-8 teams whose starting QBs are in their mid 30s....any one of them could go for a young, groomable QB in the first round....ala the Packers when they had Favre and took Rodgers.

There are about 6-8 teams whose starting QBs are in their mid 30s....any one of them could go for a young, groomable QB in the first round....ala the Packers when they had Favre and took Rodgers.

Cowboys, Chargers (look out), Patriots, Giants, Saints, Cardinals, maybe even Steelers?

Cowboys, Chargers (look out), Patriots, Giants, Saints, Cardinals, maybe even Steelers?

The Cowboys have Romo, they will likely pick up Manziel despite what they are saying now. They will draft Bosa if he's there, they won't burn a first on a QB.

Chargers have a small window to try and win this shit with their boy Rivers, they will draft playmakers on offense or defense to try and capitalize on what they have now, at least in the first round.

Patriots do not have a first round pick this year.

Giants aren't taking a QB in the first they have the only Manning left still playing and they need defense.

The Saints have the same deal with Brees, small window on Drews career and they need to add a piece in order to have a chance, no way the burn a first on a QB.

Cardnails are close, nearly won it last year. They'll add an offensive weapon not a QB.

And if Pittsburgh takes a QB in the first... I'll laugh my ass off. They need so much more than taking a QB in the first to ride the pine. But by all means, burn that first round pick on a 3rd round talent.

Goff and Wentz are Brady Quinn and Brandon Weeden.

The Cowboys have Romo, they will likely pick up Manziel despite what they are saying now.

Maybe after a solid rehab and 6 months of proven sobriety with a real sponsor and not some friend(s) who drags him right back in it. Otherwise he's cooked in the NFL unless you are buying this conspiracy theory.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2016/03/14/colin-cowherd-johnny-manziel-intentionally-created-conflict-browns-release-1

Maybe after a solid rehab and 6 months of proven sobriety with a real sponsor and not some friend(s) who drags him right back in it. Otherwise he's cooked in the NFL unless you are buying this conspiracy theory.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2016/03/14/colin-cowherd-johnny-manziel-intentionally-created-conflict-browns-release-1

And 3 years in the CFL....which is where his talents are suited. Then maybe he can do a Doug Flutie.

The Cowboys have Romo, they will likely pick up Manziel despite what they are saying now. They will draft Bosa if he's there, they won't burn a first on a QB.

Chargers have a small window to try and win this shit with their boy Rivers, they will draft playmakers on offense or defense to try and capitalize on what they have now, at least in the first round.

Patriots do not have a first round pick this year.

Giants aren't taking a QB in the first they have the only Manning left still playing and they need defense.

The Saints have the same deal with Brees, small window on Drews career and they need to add a piece in order to have a chance, no way the burn a first on a QB.

Cardnails are close, nearly won it last year. They'll add an offensive weapon not a QB.

And if Pittsburgh takes a QB in the first... I'll laugh my ass off. They need so much more than taking a QB in the first to ride the pine. But by all means, burn that first round pick on a 3rd round talent.

Goff and Wentz are Brady Quinn and Brandon Weeden.

So, what are you saying....Yes, there will be one of those QB there at #32?

Yes, I would almost guarantee that either Wentz, Goff or Lynch will be there at #32. Spend our #2 overall on a player that makes the players around him better. Get Bosa, Jack, Ramsey or even Tunsil. Please, I'm begging the F.O., please do not take one of these QB's at #2 overall... Unless it's Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning, which these guys are not.

Archived