THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Trade Down

The Gipper

Tour, unfortunately I'm at work so I can't copy and paste anything.

No problemo... found this...

Jeff Darlington Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Nothing imminent here, but yes, GM Sashi Brown has initiated the calls to gauge market for his No. 2 pick.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if shopping around the #2 pick is some clear-cut sign they don't want to draft a QB like people are saying it is. I think it's due diligence to look at all your options even if you are 99.9% sure of the direction you are going.

I just get this God awful gut feeling we'll trade back, take X player instead of Goff or Wentz, watch RG3 explode 5 games into the season (let's make it fun, I'll go with torn biceps), and cry into our beers as both those guys wind up as franchise talents.

Seeing what the market is within the top 8... is VERY different than "accepting an offer". Clearly they want to get a full picture of what's available before making the decision to accept or not.

This is the same as being on Shark Tank and wanting to hear all the offers before countering any one of them. Doesn't mean you don't want the first one.. it just means you want to hear everything.

It's something that a competent FO would do. I realize we reflexively see every Browns FO action as "How Much Does This New Thing Suck" ... but they actually have good ideas this time.

Being reported Eagles had a deal to go to number 3 before the Rams/Titans trade to take the QB Cleveland passed on .....the mega trade fucked up their plans

I doubt that they have limited their talks to just one team.

Agree, but rumor has it that they cast a line for all teams picking in the top 10 waiting for a bite.

All it takes is one sucker.

Seeing what the market is within the top 8... is VERY different than "accepting an offer". Clearly they want to get a full picture of what's available before making the decision to accept or not.

Schefter had actual glee in his voice when he announced on NFL Live today that we were not close to a trade.

Bit of a rivalry there with LaCanfora I'd say...

Agree, but rumor has it that they cast a line for all teams picking in the top 10 waiting for a bite.

All it takes is one sucker.

But it's better to have two...

Word is there is interest from SF and Philly.... even the Jets at 20. Both Philly and NYJ have eyes for Wentz. SF supposedly more for Goff.

Report: Potential Trade Between #Browns & #Eagles Expected To Include 1st & 3rd-Rd Picks In 2016 & 2017 If Completed

So Eagles 1st and 3rd this year and next.....thoughts ?

NFLTradeRumors.co@nfltrade_rumors 18m18 minutes ago

Report: Potential Trade Between #Browns & #Eagles Expected To Include 1st & 3rd-Rd Picks In 2016 & 2017 If Completed

So Eagles 1st and 3rd this year and next.....thoughts ?

That Twitter account is garbage.

But no, I wouldn't take that. I'd want a first and second this year at the very least, along with a first next year.

If Wentz is gone and we can move back, still pick before 10 and pick up an extra second, we'd be able to likely come away with a very good LB, a very good WR and/or a very good DL without first three picks.

I wouldn't hate moving back to #7, getting SF's second, then getting, say, Jack, Nkemdiche and Smith.

Or, if injury worries you, getting Buckner, Spence, and Boyd.

And, of course, that opens the door to getting Lynch at #32. Not my first choice for QB, but I'd rather Lynch at #32 than Goff at #2.

Jets moving from 20 to 2 will cost them big .....What would be the minimum you would accept for this to happen ?

Supposedly Muhammad Wilkerson is in the mix... What's the value of 12 sack, 3-4 DE just entering his prime having missed only 5 games in 5 years to us? Certainly a first... and change...

Two problems:

1. he has not yet signed his franchise tender and cannot be traded until he does; and
  2. He ended 2015 with a broken leg... should be fine, but you never know.

Swap ones for MW plus a 2 this year and a 1next year? Good deal for us...

Supposedly Muhammad Wilkerson is in the mix... What's the value of 12 sack, 3-4 DE just entering his prime having missed only 5 games in 5 years to us? Certainly a first... and change...

Two problems:

1. he has not yet signed his franchise tender and cannot be traded until he does; and
  2. He ended 2015 with a broken leg... should be fine, but you never know.

Done!! Where do Muhammad & I sign? ;)

Take that and don't look back

Jets: 2016#2

Browns: MW, 2016 Jets rd1, 2016 Jets rd2, 2017 Jets rd1

Take it, take it, take it.. Wilkerson next to Shelton and Bryant is legit at all 3 DL positions for the first time since the Browns reconstituted..

Take that and don't look back

Jets: 2016#2

Browns: MW, 2016 Jets rd1, 2016 Jets rd2, 2017 Jets rd1

Take it, take it, take it.. Wilkerson next to Shelton and Bryant is legit at all 3 DL positions for the first time since the Browns reconstituted..

Not happening. Not even close. They'd get our 1st and second this year at least, we'd get their's and MW.

#Browns seem very likely to trade the #2 pick in the #NFLDraft, from what I've heard. But don't rule out #49ers, they have asked about pick.

It's hotting up

This one says Browns Eagles have agreed a framework

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2016/04/browns-eagles-nfl-draft-trade-rumors/

@AllbrightNFL

1/2 As I said yesterday, the cost to move to #2 is expected to be significantly less than moving to #1. #Eagles trying to get there, #Browns
@AllbrightNFL
2/2 seeing if other offers can help them leverage for more. There are other teams interested.

Last night, Alex Marvez reports that if the Browns and Eagles reach an agreement on a trade that would send the No. 2 overall pick to Philadelphia, it would include the two teams swapping first-round picks in 2016 with the Eagles sending the Browns two third-round picks this year, their first-rounder in 2017 and their 2017 third-round selection.

However, Schefter mentioned during the interview that he believes the price to move up to No. 2 would be less than that. Eagles would like the trade completed today.

Schefter says we may take less ........here we go, are we going to be screwed again ?

But no, I wouldn't take that. I'd want a first and second this year at the very least, along with a first next year.

If Wentz is gone and we can move back, still pick before 10 and pick up an extra second, we'd be able to likely come away with a very good LB, a very good WR and/or a very good DL without first three picks.

I wouldn't hate moving back to #7, getting SF's second, then getting, say, Jack, Nkemdiche and Smith.

And, of course, that opens the door to getting Lynch at #32. Not my first choice for QB, but I'd rather Lynch at #32 than Goff at #2.

+1 because this is exactly how I feel. The ONLY way I'd be happy with this trade is if the Browns used those picks as ammunition to move into the early 2nd for a guy like Lynch

Mark my words....Lynch will go in Top 15-20.

Mark my words....Lynch will go in Top 15-20.

Agreed ,,,,he wont get past Jets at 20 unless they have Fitz signed before the draft then they will go pass rush .....

Tim- the problem is that the Eagles do not have a 2nd rounder anymore to give us. Already traded away.

So take the two thirds and turn them into a 2nd... Should reach the 50th overall or so... :)

The real trick Sashi faces is convincing trades partners to use the traditional chart when we are moving down:

draftvalue1.jpg?w=640

And our Director of Football Research's chart when we are trading up...

career.jpg?w=960&h=597

Here's his Harvard paper... it's been posted here before.

https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/how-to-value-nfl-draft-picks/

If We can trade down one more time and get another 2017 1st rd pick on top of it I'd be hard pressed not to be overjoyed if we found a way to get Treadwell

I suspect we have a target (or targets) picked out @ #8 and if he/they is/are there we pull the trigger. If target(s) gone we have a another target further down and try to trade to that level on draft day. And I'd rather have Fuller or Doctson rather than Treadwell if we are shooting WR as our first (which I doubt anyway).

Archived