THE BROWNS BOARD

Now Bademosi is gone.

sdballis

OMG, now special teams is ruined too. I'm near suicidal over the huge loss. LOL Really- got himself a very nice raise.

The anal-litics are as clear as Mud. We aren't paying a dime more, even having tons of cap room. With the way FA is going- we may not even land anyone.

The future is not now, and I hate to say it the present (2016) is gonna suck. .

Would like to know the story behind the story Pettine/Gilbert some day.

Should get a clue with the release of our 1st depth chart...

So far Pet & Co.'s judgement ain't lookin' too bad tho...

I think history will be kind to Pettine. Or at least feel sorry for him.

Farmer ... may damn well be unemployable.

Zombo

IMO, Pet wasn't that bad of a coach.

Farmer gave him shit to work with.

We are going to rename our team from the "Cleveland Browns" to "Who the Fuck are These Guys."

Terrific special teamer, had no business playing corner.

Would like to know the story behind the story Pettine/Gilbert some day.

Zombo

The story is, I think that Gilbert could not play ...and Pettine knew it. And if Pettine was behind picking Gilbert then he knew he fucked that up. So, he sees Gilbert being suckass partly on his shoulders.....and he probably gave Gilbert no quarter...nor should he have.

Also....Pettine knew that his DC couldn't coach his way out of a doggie bag, so that didn't help either.

The story is, I think that Gilbert could not play ...and Pettine knew it. And if Pettine was behind picking Gilbert then he knew he fucked that up. So, he sees Gilbert being suckass partly on his shoulders.....and he probably gave Gilbert no quarter...nor should he have.

Also....Pettine knew that his DC couldn't coach his way out of a doggie bag, so that didn't help either.

No, when Gilbert did play, he didn't look that bad last year. And he certainly did well enough on special teams to make the game day roster, but he got sat.

He wasn't fitting in, whether it was his attitude, or unwillingness to learn the defense, or some kind of off-field/emotional issues.

He showed to be a good kick returner, and he could cover better than Bademosi, but there was a reason he kept getting dropped by Pet.

Zombo

No, when Gilbert did play, he didn't look that bad last year. And he certainly did well enough on special teams to make the game day roster, but he got sat.

He wasn't fitting in, whether it was his attitude, or unwillingness to learn the defense, or some kind of off-field/emotional issues.

He showed to be a good kick returner, and he could cover better than Bademosi, but there was a reason he kept getting dropped by Pet.

Zombo

I agree with this.....I saw plenty of good flashes from Gilbert and think he needs special handling. Obviously Pets methods didnt work well for him....but its also obvious that he's got talent and exceptional gifts......hoping Hue finds a way to tap that.

Ill add.....anyone who is worried about losing Bademosi is stuck on being below average....at this point, if its clear a player isnt starter quality, its time to try someone new....nothing to lose and a lot to gain.....let the turnstile start spinning.....

Zombo

Well, my part about O'Neil being suckass still holds water....

Dion Sanders really liked Justin Gilbert. Really, really likes him... so there's that. I'm not saying that he's the next Dion Sanders but Gilbert has, when given the chance, flashed here and there.

Dion Sanders really liked Justin Gilbert. Really, really likes him... so there's that. I'm not saying that he's the next Dion Sanders but Gilbert has, when given the chance, flashed here and there.

guess if dion likes him he must be a future hof er....phwafffffpt....yeah right..

Or at least feel sorry for him.

I know I did....

Farmer gave him overpaid shit to work with.

No argument there.....(fify, btw)

Let's hope we aren't looking back on the Farmer years with warm and nostalgic reverence in a couple of years.

:)

Hush....!

We are going to rename our team from the "Cleveland Browns" to "Who the Fuck are These Guys."

Cause the whole world knows who Johnson Bademosi is???

I am neutral on him. He was an average player (I might not agree that he was terrible but not good either). I think he did play with heart but this team just brought him down like it does so many others. All I can say is thank the maker that Joe Thomas still is staying or this would almost be a complete rebuild instead of an almost complete rebuild.

this would almost be a complete rebuild instead of an almost complete rebuild.

Id say we are long over due for some drastic action.....we've been well below 500 for 21 of the last 23 years(fact).....so no point in clinging to anything people perceive as needed, cause this team needs everything and then some.....

cant say its a rebuild though, since that would require something was here to begin with that was even worthy of rebuilding.....

I am neutral on him. He was an average player (I might not agree that he was terrible but not good either). I think he did play with heart but this team just brought him down like it does so many others. All I can say is thank the maker that Joe Thomas still is staying or this would almost be a complete rebuild instead of an almost complete rebuild.

He's not (I hope), sorry.

Yeah Mudfly, to say we have holes to fill would be a huge understatement. We can say we have one or two key players at best. My opinion is that Joe Thomas, Joe Haden, and Gary Barnidge are the only proven players left on our roster. Then the only other positives are the TE prospect we picked up in the draft that could not play last year and the DB in the same boat. They were both said to be high draft picks if not for their injuries and should both be recovered by now. Not much to smile about but our only positive other than getting Hue Jackson as our head coach.

Yeah Mudfly, to say we have holes to fill would be a huge understatement. We can say we have one or two key players at best. My opinion is that Joe Thomas, Joe Haden, and Gary Barnidge are the only proven players left on our roster. Then the only other positives are the TE prospect we picked up in the draft that could not play last year and the DB in the same boat. They were both said to be high draft picks if not for their injuries and should both be recovered by now. Not much to smile about but our only positive other than getting Hue Jackson as our head coach.

Im with ya....and think there is a little bit of young developmental talent here.....the 2 guys you mentioned, Telfer and Olomu, who weve not seen yet.....then Bito, Shelton, Duke, Orchard, Kirksey all show potential to be solid players......and a few dark horses like Mingo, Erving or Gilbert may someday find their game.....who knows.....but, unfortunately, it'lll take some time to find out, no matter what.....

Yeah, I really don't get very excited about the word "potential". "Proven" is a word that brings a bigger smile to my face. :D

Yeah, "potential" is to pro ball what "sleeper" is to college ball. 95% of the time those "sleepers" stay that way. The greatest one I ever saw awaken was Martellus Bennett's little brother, who was added as a recruit mainly to get Martellus. Well we all know now he tries to make sleepers out of Seattle opponents.

Archived