THE BROWNS BOARD

Obama lays blame for Libya mess on Cameron

OldBrownsFan

Not sure what you mean but the Obama apologist I saw this morning was blaming the Europeans for a lack of support which ended up in the failure of the Libya situation.

WSS

Im saying blame canada basically. Lols. Im acknowledging blaming the euros is cheap hackery. Unless i read something else that convinces me otherwise.

Im saying blame canada basically. Lols. Im acknowledging blaming the euros is cheap hackery. Unless i read something else that convinces me otherwise.

The gist of it was that Obama agreed to lend US aid to the efforts under the impression that, because Libya is so close to Europe (italy in particular), that Europe would give a fuck. Then other shit happened (big migrant crisis etc), and we lost interest, and Libya went to shit.

BLAME CANADA!

Actually applying hearing more of the story (it was only a lap dog of the president earlier) Obama did specifically call out the British for his snafu in Libya. Cameron by name, though he didn't specifically mention Chris.

For some reason the link cuts off after about a half a paragraph, I'd seen the bit this morning and a longer bit just now on TV

WSS

Ghaddaffi was on the verge of wiping out the rebellion and had the rebels pinned down to one city where his army was getting ready to wipe them out when the French jets started bombing the open tanks and military of Ghadaffi. This began our intervention as well as the Brits. Unlike Iraq where Colin Powell said if we broke it we bought it, (meaning paying a huge amount of money in nation building) we simply broke Libya and walked away. Now it is a failed state. I hate dictators as much as the rest but the lesson we have to learn is counting the costs of toppling dictators.

Qaddafi was an asshole but not much of a threat. As a matter of fact he was smart enough to see the writing on the wall it was playing ball especially with his Niger nuclear Arsenal . We often become enamored with group of thugs that call themselves Rebels.

One of the stated reasons we gave him was the fear that he would go door-to-door seeking out Rebels and executing them on the spot. Which is exactly what the rebels did once we tipped the balance of power.

WSS

Archived