THE BROWNS BOARD

Compensatory picks are in....

Mudfly

that means more special teams Mavens will be added to the roster.. Hey.. We have the great Tank Carder!.. Super Bowl Baby!

The chickens don't have human error.

Obviously we need a chickens camp an a darts camp. :lol:

Personally I like the old Texas black beans camp. All failed draft choices & FA's have to choose beans out of a can blindfolded. Whoever gets the black bean dies by firing squad. That should provide a little extra incentive to get their jobs done right :D .

Actually is a true story in Texas history.

https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/qmb01

Im thinking Mack is a good bet to pull a third....and maybe Schwartz too.....both were paid at the very top of their positions and were high picks...plus Mack was a mutiple time pro bowler and we signed no one significant.....

Im thinking Mack is a good bet to pull a third....and maybe Schwartz too.....both were paid at the very top of their positions and were high picks...plus Mack was a mutiple time pro bowler and we signed no one significant.....

Malik Jackson, Olivier Vernon, Brock Osweiler, Janoris Jenkins, Kelechi Osemele and Damon Harrison all signed higher APY contracts than Mack. Usually there are only 4 3rd round comp picks assigned per year so it will be difficult for Mack to be a 3rd rounder. It's too early to say due to the +/- formula, other than Denver who is a lock to get two 3rd round comps.

These would come in next year no?

Do we know what actual draft position these picks will be?

And in my opinion the Browns need to get at least one solid future starter out of these 3 picks.

Malik Jackson, Olivier Vernon, Brock Osweiler, Janoris Jenkins, Kelechi Osemele and Damon Harrison all signed higher APY contracts than Mack. Usually there are only 4 3rd round comp picks assigned per year so it will be difficult for Mack to be a 3rd rounder. It's too early to say due to the +/- formula, other than Denver who is a lock to get two 3rd round comps.

There are a lot of factors besides how much they were paid.....including how many pro bowls, where they were originally drafted and what type of players were signed by their original team.....so, Jackson for example was a late round pick and never made a pro bowl, compared to Mack being a 1st rounder and making several.....Osweiller was a 2nd who didnt start over 4 years, and though he was paid well for who he is, he is not near the top in QB payroll.....etc etc....

We wont know till next year, but Ill hold out for a 3rd for Mack, esp considering Sheard got us a fourth....

There are a lot of factors besides how much they were paid.....including how many pro bowls, where they were originally drafted and what type of players were signed by their original team.....so, Jackson for example was a late round pick and never made a pro bowl, compared to Mack being a 1st rounder and making several.....Osweiller was a 2nd who didnt start over 4 years, and though he was paid well for who he is, he is not near the top in QB payroll.....etc etc....

We wont know till next year, but Ill hold out for a 3rd for Mack, esp considering Sheard got us a fourth....

I'm sorry Mud, but while Pro Bowls and draft round are a factor, they won't make up for the 7M/yr difference to either Jackson, Osweiler or Vernon.

I think it's unlikely that it will place him ahead of any of the other three guys I've mentioned (also forgot Bruce Irvin and Sean Smith), but I could be wrong. To me, the best case scenario for Mack is the first comp pick in the first round.

I'm half way through a 5th.....right now!!! GO BROWNS

Archived