THE BROWNS BOARD

Meanwhile back in Chicago

Welcome JRB. As soon as this started I knew OBF would pull out the "back in my day, my professors were liberal. It must be the same everywhere today!" argument

Have fun.

Who is making that argument? I said the evidence is that all across the country there is a liberal bias amongst colleges with primarily liberal professors. The only point I made was that i had first hand experience of it in college in the late 80's. As for JRB you could say the same argument is being used. Because of what he is doing in his own circle to promote tolerance and diversity I'm supposed to believe that is happening nationwide? He may be doing a bang up swell job in his own sphere but that does not mean that is going on nationwide because it isn't.

Who is making that argument? I said the evidence is that all across the country there is a liberal bias amongst colleges with primarily liberal professors. The only point I made was that i had first hand experience of it in college in the late 80's. As for JRB you could say the same argument is being used. Because of what he is doing in his own circle to promote tolerance and diversity I'm supposed to believe that is happening nationwide? He may be doing a bang up swell job in his own sphere but that does not mean that is going on nationwide because it isn't.

It sounds like he has much more exposure to the world you're describing than someone who went to college over 30 years ago

It sounds like he has much more exposure to the world you're describing than someone who went to college over 30 years ago

I'm sure he has and If I was basing my belief about liberal bias in universities just on my experience 30 years ago you would be exactly right (one of the few times) but unfortunately you are wrong again Woody. They have the internet now and I'm looking at things that are more recent about liberal bias in colleges.

Here is one written by a democrat Kristen Powers (an honest one) about how liberals have ruined colleges: This one took me all of 5-10 seconds on that internet thingy to find. Read the entire article about what liberals are doing today in colleges (not 30 years ago).

How Liberals Ruined College

College should be a place of new ideas and challenging views. Instead, liberals have made it a place of fear and intimidation.

The root of nearly every free-speech infringement on campuses across the country is that someone—almost always a liberal—has been offended or has sniffed out a potential offense in the making. Then, the silencing campaign begins. The offender must be punished, not just for justice’s sake, but also to send the message to anyone else on campus that should he or she stray off the leftist script, they too might find themselves investigated, harassed, ostracized, or even expelled. If the illiberal left can preemptively silence opposing speakers or opposing groups— such as getting a speech or event canceled, or denying campus recognition for a group—even better.

This Orwellian climate of intimidation and fear chills free speech and thought. On college campuses it is particularly insidious. Higher education should provide an environment to test new ideas, debate theories, encounter challenging information, and figure out what one believes. Campuses should be places where students are able to make mistakes without fear of retribution. If there is no margin for error, it is impossible to receive a meaningful education.

Instead, the politically correct university is a world of land mines, where faculty and students have no idea what innocuous comment might be seen as an offense

On today’s campuses, left-leaning administrators, professors, and students are working overtime in their campaign of silencing dissent, and their unofficial tactics of ostracizing, smearing, and humiliation are highly effective. But what is even more chilling—and more far reaching—is the official power they abuse to ensure the silencing of views they don’t like. They’ve invented a labyrinth of anti-free speech tools that include “speech codes,” “free speech zones,” censorship, investigations by campus “diversity and tolerance offices,” and denial of due process. They craft “anti-harassment policies” and “anti-violence policies” that are speech codes in disguise. According to the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education’s (FIRE) 2014 report on campus free speech, “Spotlight on Speech Codes,” close to 60 percent of the four hundred–plus colleges they surveyed “seriously infringe upon the free speech rights of students.” Only 16 of the schools reviewed in 2014 had no policies restricting protected speech. Their 2015 report found that of the 437 schools they surveyed, “more than 55 percent maintain severely restrictive, ‘red light’ speech codes—policies that clearly and substantially prohibit protected speech.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/05/11/how-liberals-have-ruined-college.html

How incredibly laughable, literally the first sentence of that article makes the rest a joke.

"The root of nearly every free-speech infringement on campuses across the country is that someone—almost always a liberal—has been offended or has sniffed out a potential offense in the making"

How can they possibly surmise that most every time that person is a liberal? They don't have that evidence anywhere, and that huge and inaccurate assumption makes the whole article null in void. The article should instead read "because people speak out against others that makes them liberal, and here's what I believe"

I assume you're an old fogey who lives in the world of 1970, does that make it true too? Well, I may not be too far off on that. In case you're not aware, the removal of liberal policies in Higher Education has been going for over a decade. I can literally (and have, and presented) write a narrative explaining how conservative policies are making education institutions worse, with facts and data. I can assume most are conservative because well they are Republican in government. It's not even worth my time going down that rabbit hole though.

It's 75 degrees and sunny and I'm going to drink some cold beers and grill steaks so I'm over this. But you're wrong, plain and simple. You are living on assumptions that haven't been true in Higher Education since the Reagan administration.

How incredibly laughable, literally the first sentence of that article makes the rest a joke.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Kind of cool isn't it coming from an intellectually honest liberal Kristen Powers and not some TEA party right winger or OBF's experience with liberal bias in college 30 years ago:

Kirsten A. Powers (born 1969) is an American political pundit and analyst. She began her career as a Democratic Party staff assistant with the Clinton-Gore presidential transition team in 1992, followed by an appointment as Deputy Assistant U.S. Trade Representative for Public Affairs in the Clinton administration from 1993-1998. Powers served in the Clinton administration as the deputy assistant U.S. trade representative for public affairs.Powers has worked in New York State Democratic politics for many years. She was a staff member of the New York State Democratic Committee, the press secretary for the Andrew Cuomo for Governor campaign, and communications director on the mayoral campaign of C. Virginia Fields.

I'm sure he has and If I was basing my belief about liberal bias in universities just on my experience 30 years ago you would be exactly right (one of the few times) but unfortunately you are wrong again Woody. They have the internet now and I'm looking at things that are more recent about liberal bias in colleges.

Here is one written by a democrat Kristen Powers (an honest one) about how liberals have ruined colleges: This one took me all of 5-10 seconds on that internet thingy to find. Read the entire article about what liberals are doing today in colleges (not 30 years ago).

1) Wait, what other things am I frequently wrong about on here? Are you talking about all of your "literal" bible nonsense? Am I wrong because I say a man didn't rise from the dead and a man didn't live in a fish?

2) You seem to suffer from the same issue cal does when it comes to the internet. Just because you search for something you want to find on google, and get a hit, doesn't mean that you're right. We've covered this dozens of times on here but you need to look at your source and what concrete evidence is being provided.

watch

Jesus was actually an alien

http://ufodigest.com/article/could-jesus-christ-be-one-first-alien-hybrids-son-extraterrestrial-and-earthly-woman

Oh hey, that was quick. I must be right.

1) Wait, what other things am I frequently wrong about on here? Are you talking about all of your "literal" bible nonsense? Am I wrong because I say a man didn't rise from the dead and a man didn't live in a fish?

2) You seem to suffer from the same issue cal does when it comes to the internet. Just because you search for something you want to find on google, and get a hit, doesn't mean that you're right. We've covered this dozens of times on here but you need to look at your source and what concrete evidence is being provided.

watch

Jesus was actually an alien

http://ufodigest.com/article/could-jesus-christ-be-one-first-alien-hybrids-son-extraterrestrial-and-earthly-woman

Oh hey, that was quick. I must be right.

Wrong again Woody. I didn't search the net to cherry pick my argument I found that article in 5-10 seconds google search. There are plenty more. That article was written by a respected liberal journalist who told the truth that some liberals refuse to accept. (Unlike your UFO digest article you linked which I suggest you get some better reading material ASAP).

Wrong again Woody. I didn't search the net to cherry pick my argument I found that article in 5-10 seconds google search. There are plenty more. That article was written by a respected liberal journalist who told the truth that some liberals refuse to accept. (Unlike your UFO digest article you linked which I suggest you get some better reading material ASAP).

This is literally the President (who I'm sure you think is the liberal devil) disagreeing with your argument entirely.

https://www.facebook.com/TheCSConservative/videos/1077239795630154/?fref=nf

I can keep this going for as long as you want, because I have about 10000000 more examples of how you're wrong.

giphy.gif

This is literally the President (who I'm sure you think is the liberal devil) disagreeing with your argument entirely.

https://www.facebook.com/TheCSConservative/videos/1077239795630154/?fref=nf

I can keep this going for as long as you want, because I have about 10000000 more examples of how you're wrong.

So Obama is agreeing with Kristen Powers about how liberalism has ruined college.Good for him, even though I rarely agree with Obama the saying is true that even a stopped clock has the correct time twice a day.

Here is another honest liberal Michael Bloomberg admitting the liberal bias in college:

Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg accused the entire Ivy League of liberal political bias during a particularly fiery commencement address at Harvard University Thursday.

"It is just a modern form of McCarthyism," Bloomberg said of university "censorship" of conservatives. "Think about the irony: In the 1950s, the right wing was attempting to repress left wing ideas. Today, on many college campuses, it is liberals trying to repress conservative ideas even as conservative faculty members are at risk of becoming an endangered species"

"And that is probably nowhere more true than it is here in the Ivy League," declared Bloomberg.

http://www.businessinsider.com/michael-bloomberg-blasts-ivy-league-for-liberal-censorship-2014-5

So Ivy League school's have a liberal bias. They probably also have a douchebag bias

If this was huge problem, why do conservatives with college degrees still exist? Is the concern here that these kids might be brainwashed into thinking something crazy, like homosexuality is ok or something?

But thats nowhere close to what I said.....I said people should have a right to attend without being attacked......and, relating back to my original post, a woman should not be thrown out, verbally assaulted or groped because she wore a Bernie hat.....

No one said anything about disrupting or shouting down a candidate.....

And, I agree, a lot of people seem to attend "Trunp" rallys and enjoy starting trouble at them.....and thats on both sides....which is a troubling aspect of his campaign, as it is unprecedented in modern political rallys and not a normal thing....

And Trump seems not to worry when it happens and sometimes even encourages it.....which to me, is not very Presidential.....

Pics or gtfo

Besides the protestors are inviting violence every bit as much if not more than trump

A friend of my older sister went to a Trump rally wearing a Bernie Sanders hat. She is a 42 year old woman and stood quietly listening to Trump....then was pointed out by some people in the crowd, immediately verbal assaulted by many and ultimately forcibly removed by the police....on the way out she was spat upon and groped and no one, even the police, did a thing.....true story.....

I beleive it. I do. In the end people in this country ate no diff than anyone else anywhere on the planet. When people are in an enviro they think their protected in, look out.... Any number of behaviors will manifest

Oh and about the college debate, i got my biz degree from akron u in 2012-2013. At no point during my tenure there fid i feel i was in the presence of liberals. I had "one" obviously liberal mkting prof. Everyone else either kept it low key or was outright conservative. One prof, im not exaggerating even a lil, lamented to the class about bp's falling stock prices "cause of a few dolphins got sick". Dont feed me no liberal haven bullshit. There will always be liberal bastions like berkley, but theres equal amount conservative schools.

When i was there the whole global econ thing was ball peened into our brains daily. It was almost cultish. Howd that work out for us? Its now one of trumps major econ platforms

Oh and about the college debate, i got my biz degree from akron u in 2012-2013. At no point during my tenure there fid i feel i was in the presence of liberals. I had "one" obviously liberal mkting prof. Everyone else either kept it low key or was outright conservative. One prof, im not exaggerating even a lil, lamented to the class about bp's falling stock prices "cause of a few dolphins got sick". Dont feed me no liberal haven bullshit. There will always be liberal bastions like berkley, but theres equal amount conservative schools.

When i was there the whole global econ thing was ball peened into our brains daily. It was almost cultish. Howd that work out for us? Its now one of trumps major econ platforms

After reading your three previous posts, I find it very difficult to believe you received a degree from anywhere.

After reading your three previous posts, I find it very difficult to believe you received a degree from anywhere.

I actually have two, ME and business. But being on welfare is cool too so don't think i'm being disparaging toward you at all. I think it's great public libraries let the homeless get on the internet for free. The internet is blessed to have you guys on.

And of course it's a fraction of assholes who disrupt things. You don't often hear of tea party members shouting down liberal speakers at colleges, but it's fairly common the other way around.

WSS

Isnt it kind of ironic to mention Tea Parties when disparaging protesters?

Seems our history has a little different slant on disruptive protesters who go against authority, destroy public property & monopolistic companies merchandise and sink ships to boot.....

Isnt it kind of ironic to mention Tea Parties when disparaging protesters?

Seems our history has a little different slant on disruptive protesters who go against authority, destroy public property & monopolistic companies merchandise and sink ships to boot.....

Fuck them too.

;)

WSS

Archived