THE BROWNS BOARD

Dak Prescott Got a DUI

wargograw

Well there goes my 4-5 round pick. I think Tour kind of liked him too if I recall correctly.

Maybe the Browns told him they were drafting him so he took the JFF route. :lol:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/story/_/id/14961240/dak-prescott-former-mississippi-state-bulldogs-qb-arrested-dui-charge

According to the article below, the funny part is that the Browns were one of 3 teams showing some interest in Prescott......which, coupled with the Kap interest, lends to the idea they are considering not taking a QB early.....

Article says they gave him a battery of psych tests....hahaha.....good boys! ;) ....maybe should've given him a breathelizer?

http://www.nfl.com/labs/rr/pathtothedraft/prescott

I dont know how much a dui will weigh against him, if at all, since he doesnt have a negative history(time will tell tho)....but Im not so sure he was a late round pick, per se.....was thinking of him as more of a 3rd type of prospect.....

He was late round at best anyway. I think his draft stock will still depend on how he interviews with teams and what his attitude is toward the incident.

Oh, it will not be that simple. Now any team interested will do a major background investigation into his past drinking history. Interviews will not matter much now. Fool me once......................etc.

Oh, it will not be that simple. Now any team interested will do a major background investigation into his past drinking history. Interviews will not matter much now. Fool me once......................etc.

Maybe a subscription to TMZ is the next great draft tool?.....;)

Wonder if there is a history to investigate.....??

Yeah Texas, I'm sure you are right; but I did not see him as better than a 4th or 5th before the incident (to many negative intangibles). At this point it will just be a decision on player potential and how coachable he seems to be. That can be somewhat figured through interviews and reviewing tape.

Yeah Texas, I'm sure you are right; but I did not see him as better than a 4th or 5th before the incident (to many negative intangibles). At this point it will just be a decision on player potential and how coachable he seems to be. That can be somewhat figured through interviews and reviewing tape.

That's a pretty good point most of the time Joe. Sometimes there's people that can test well or interview well that flatline when it's time to do it. Ever take a CPR course with a know it all that has to raise her hand to answer every question the instructor asks before she's ready to get a 100 on her written test? Then when it's time for her to actually do the CPR steps on a dummy - it leaves the entire class wondering which one is the dummy? Her 100 on the written test means about as much as Manziel scoring higher than Bortles, Bridgewater and Carr on the Wunderlic.

If there was a time I'd trade places with a fly on a wall - it would have been when this franchise was interviewing Brandon Weeden and watching film.

What's the hot read Brandon? The hottie with the championship milkers carrying the popcorn back to her seat. The cold spilled beverage all over her tight shirt does a nice job of emphasizing her 2 pointer sisters.

Well Brandon - we asked you to see the whole field so your peripheral vision beyond it is impressive. Of course, when he came here - he looked like Ronnie Milsap trying to speed read NFL defenses with the instincts of a raccoon crossing the highway at night time. It almost 2 full years for that dumb ass to understand if he gets out of the pocket a couple strides away he can throw the ball out of bounds instead of his favorite target wearing a Detroit Lions jersey.

I dont know how much a dui will weigh against him, if at all, since he doesnt have a negative history(time will tell tho)....but Im not so sure he was a late round pick, per se.....was thinking of him as more of a 3rd type of prospect.....

Got his ass beat a year or so ago while tanked at spring break. Gets a DUI this spring break.

So just draft him and keep him locked in a room during this week

A DUI and he's suddenly Johnny? lol...

I'll wait for the report details...

Don't you recall we only saw a few of these warning signs with JM? Never a DUI but a couple of alcohol related incidents or reports. This is the second alcohol related incident for Dak that made news, so yes, I'd investigate thoroughly if he was on my draft radar for the Browns. Not saying he has JM's depth of the problem, but then we didn't know that either by the 2014 draft.

Don't you recall we only saw a few of these warning signs with JM? Never a DUI but a couple of alcohol related incidents or reports. This is the second alcohol related incident for Dak that made news, so yes, I'd investigate thoroughly if he was on my draft radar for the Browns. Not saying he has JM's depth of the problem, but then we didn't know that either by the 2014 draft.

Not saying "don't investigate"... but that's for teams.

Since we can't investigate. We should at least wait for the report...

Why was he stopped? What did he blow? What had he been doing?

My comment was directed at you, and others, who are jumping to Johnny parallels when so far, as you have now pointed out, there are none.

As far as what we knew on Draft Day 2014, that varied widely depending on the depth of the rose tint on our glasses which ranged all the way from "None" to "Fucking Oblivious".

Some simply chose to be deceived.

Not saying "don't investigate"... but that's for teams. We should at least wait for the report... Why was he stopped? What did he blow?

My comment was directed at you, and others, who are jumping to Johnny parallels when so far, as you have now pointed out, there are none.

Just pointing out the red flags which were similar in nature. We screwed up the investigation last time around by ignoring them.

Archived