THE BROWNS BOARD

Gun Activist Shot By 4 Year Old Son

MLD Woody

This was an unfortunate and sad accident by the gun owner being careless. These things happen. She could have also wrecked her car due to carelessness but I don't want to see any banning of cars. Being careful and safety minded is the lesson to be learned here whether you are handling firearms or driving a car.

or, her husband stupidly left his gun in the back of her seat, in

one of those magazine type slot jobbies.

If true, it's extremely irrespsonsible no matter what happened.

Obviously, the mother did not put the gun there. Who knows.

Seems to stupid to be true.

My kids are twice that age. They've never held any of my pistols. Loaded or unloaded. We've shot the 22 rifle plenty, and they know that every gun is always loaded- regardless of if it is or not. No way in hell I leave a pistol rolling around the back seat.

The way to stop a bad guy with a hatchet is a good guy with a gun:

*A customer at a 7-Eleven store outside Seattle shot and killed a masked man who attacked a clerk with an ax early Sunday.

Investigators said the shooting happened at the store in White Center at approximately 5:45 a.m. local time. Witnesses said the man entered the store and swung a hatchet toward the customer before turning his attention to the clerk.

Authorities said the man who shot the attacker had a concealed carry permit and likely would not face charges as a result of his action.

"This could have been a lot worse,” King County Sheriff’s Sergeant Cindi West told KCPQ. “The clerk could be the one laying there dead on the floor right now.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/14/customer-with-concealed-carry-permit-fatally-shoots-axe-wielding-attacker-at-7-eleven.html

My kids are twice that age. They've never held any of my pistols. Loaded or unloaded. We've shot the 22 rifle plenty, and they know that every gun is always loaded- regardless of if it is or not. No way in hell I leave a pistol rolling around the back seat.

No doubt....guess this mom is one person that doesnt make the responsible gun owners list....

I bought my daughter her 22, when she was eleven. She already had experience shooting, but it opened the opportunity for plenty of open discussion and proper education about gun ownership and the associated responsibility.

I also believe her early indoctrination into how to shoot and handle a weapon eliminated that natural curiosity that any kid would have about that thing in Dads closet that they arent allowed to touch.

Archived