THE BROWNS BOARD

Good News Cleveland - #4 now

TexasAg1969

I was kinda thinking this might be related to the draft...but that may have been your intention ;)

It was fun fishing while lightening up the atmosphere a bit. Plus whenever I finally make it to Cleveland for a game I hope to have some good beer places to request to be taken by some of the yahoos on the BB. :D

Well if the browns are ever in London, I'll take you to some proper beer places ;)

Well since my sister lives in High Wycombe and there are multiple daily train hops right into London. I love English dark beers. My fav I can find here is Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/10/best-oatmeal-stout-beer-cicerone-picks.html

I was actually in High Wycombe a couple of days ago. Some old university friends and I did one of our traditional 'pick a random lower division soccer team and go for a day trip with beer' days and ended up in Wycombe. They're less far flung now there are families to consider though :(

Oatmeal stout? Sounds awful! But, there are plenty of others around if you like that kind of thing.

I was actually in High Wycombe a couple of days ago. Some old university friends and I did one of our traditional 'pick a random lower division soccer team and go for a day trip with beer' days and ended up in Wycombe. They're less far flung now there are families to consider though :(

Oatmeal stout? Sounds awful! But, there are plenty of others around if you like that kind of thing.

Not as bad as it sounds. Really has no oatmeal taste, just makes it a smoother dark chewy beer. Not as sweet as their chocolate stout.

Texas ...love the oatmeal stout but their organic chocolate stout rules ......I still drink it on a regular basis at home and at my local bar World Of beer

1348709364_1_FT0_samuelsmithorganicchoco

If you ever see this on tap you have to try it........

1d0ae6f70c2fc6c7eb456fd04ea789c0-6aafac9

btw, I'm really not a stout man (in beer terms ;) ) so I really can't stand anything like that. darren, I had a beer not so long ago in one of the pubs near me, doing my usual "haven't heard of that, give it a go" thing, and it turned out to be chili and chocolate. utterly undrinkable. First time I've ever just flat out not drunk a beer I've bought and just gone for another.

Well if you noticed #2 on the list is Ft. Collins, Colorado and my youngest sister lives there. She likes a microbrewery there called Odell. As we speak I am asking her to get me a 6-pack of this since it is only available Feb-April. I will try it at her house this summer when I go for a visit.

https://www.odellbrewing.com/beer/lugene/

My all time favorite is this dark Trappist beer from belgium, but it's as expensive as hell as you can see. Just get a couple now and again. http://www.totalwine.com/beer/ale/belgian-style-ale/quadrupel/rochefort-10-trappist-ale/p/14387127?s=510&igrules=true

My sister says she is getting that Odell one for me to have this summer, but since I asked I actually located a 4 pack here locally at Total Wine, so......................hi ho, hi ho it's off to shop I go! :D

On the cheaper side a local beer here is Shiner Bock that meets my dark beer tastes. Most American beers just taste watery to me. But of course I started in Venezuela where beer making was more in the European style. If you could get your money on the counter you could get a beer down there. Those were the days my friend. And the rums were "fantastico!!" :D

Steve, you and my son in law seem to love those IPA's. Too bitter for me. I like a finer smooth balance of hops and malts in a meaty dark brew.

Archived