THE BROWNS BOARD

Free agents remaining.

Alkid3

Chris Long now a Patriot, Brady will be playing for free shortly, that's a big pair of ugg's..

You thought there was any chance we would go after him? A big money, 30 year old with a recent history of injuries? I see you have not been paying attention.

54 career sacks. Id have taken him on a one year deal. Krugers been in the league one year less and has 33 sacks. But hes still on staff isnt he?

If Krugers was on the same line as Brockers and Quinn and Long was drafted by the Browns it would make no difference IMO.

If Krugers was on the same line as Brockers and Quinn and Long was drafted by the Browns it would make no difference IMO.

I don't believe that and here's why. Yes did playing with those guys ensure Long saw a lot of 1v1? of course. Has Kruger been double teamed at all since he's been here? Has any team seen the need to chip him with a RB? Nope to both of those questions. In fact Kruger gets blocked efficiently by TE's..that is fact. No TE I the league is blocking Long.

In any case, I've said since they came free from the Rams that it's Laurinaitis is the overall better fit. I would have liked Long and had us do more 4-3 but whatever. I think if we're smart we can address that in the draft coughbosacoughcough. But Laurinaitis would be a nice piece as someone who's got a few years left and maybe just maybe can help groom a new generation of Browns LB'ers.

I don't believe that and here's why. Yes did playing with those guys ensure Long saw a lot of 1v1? of course. Has Kruger been double teamed at all since he's been here? Has any team seen the need to chip him with a RB? Nope to both of those questions. In fact Kruger gets blocked efficiently by TE's..that is fact. No TE I the league is blocking Long.

In any case, I've said since they came free from the Rams that it's Laurinaitis is the overall better fit. I would have liked Long and had us do more 4-3 but whatever. I think if we're smart we can address that in the draft coughbosacoughcough. But Laurinaitis would be a nice piece as someone who's got a few years left and maybe just maybe can help groom a new generation of Browns LB'ers.

I agree on Laurinaitis. But Long however was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and wouldve never been a first round pick if it weren't for daddy. I just don't like the cat that's what it is. Plenty of other talent before Chris Long that's for sure.

Chris Long has been overrated his whole career. He's done nothing and reaped what rewards he did get by being on a good defense by the players around him. I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire..

And being Howie Long's son....and playing the same position.

Howie Long's spiritualy successor is in this draft: Bosa.

Archived