THE BROWNS BOARD

Is Mel Kiper a Dumbass?

Babernakle

The so called king of the draft Mel believes the Browns will take the south dakot st qb with there first pick. Why he would think this I don't know there is not a qb in this draft that should go before round 4. Dose mel just want the Browns to be bad? The clear choice if you are a fan with a brain is bosa. That's it it's really easy. It's time that the brown start taking the best talent and not just what they need. And I would say stop I g the run and pressuring the qb is alittle more important than getting a below average qb and Mel kiper go fuck yourself

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The so called king of the draft Mel believes the Browns will take the south dakot st qb with there first pick. Why he would think this I don't know there is not a qb in this draft that should go before round 4. Dose mel just want the Browns to be bad? The clear choice if you are a fan with a brain is bosa. That's it it's really easy. It's time that the brown start taking the best talent and not just what they need. And I would say stop I g the run and pressuring the qb is alittle more important than getting a below average qb and Mel kiper go fuck yourself

He maybe dumb but I bet he can type and spell better than you :)

When do we give out awards? This one definitely should be nominated for "shittiest opinion of all time".

After watching the combine Bosa to me looks like a big goof. I see bust all over him.

90% of prognosticators have the Browns drafting one or the other of these QBs. Not sure why you have to focus on Kiper who is only one of them.

......or do you put more credibility in him than in anyone else? Ergo your little tiff?

ugh, this was such a bad look for camp bosa. I've laid out my reasons specifically why Bosa is probably our best pick but there's others that I think would probably work out just as well. The spelling is hard meatheads for Bosa threads should probably be skipped though, it's just not a good look for us.

i don't care how much of their resources and how many picks this draft they devote to finding a franchise QB as long as they gain on it and get him in the end. pass rushers are in every draft and can be had at pick 15 and after...QB trumps all luxury positions.

as far as the OP's title: yes. Kiper is a sub par compared to Mayock, but he knows the players better than i do so i still listen a little.

Babernackle, are you a diehard "The Ohio State" fan? (do i even need to ask?)

should i just lump you in with that lot that want an all ohio state cleveland browns?

as far as the OP's title: yes. Kiper is a sub par compared to Mayock, but he knows the players better than i do so i still listen a little.

Babernackle, are you a diehard "The Ohio State" fan? (do i even need to ask?)

should i just lump you in with that lot that want an all Ohio state Cleveland browns?

Right, after we draft Bosa, we take Braxton Miller in the second, and Cardale Jones in the third.

I've come around to the departed Shepster's way of thinking- either you have a franchise quarterback, or you're looking for one. And to the OP- so you want to tell me how far the Lions got with Suh and Fairley? The answer is not very far, if the goal is the Super Bowl. BTW, the Lions do have a franchise qb- Stafford, and had a wr by the name of Calvin Johnson.

i don't care how much of their resources and how many picks this draft they devote to finding a franchise QB as long as they gain on it and get him in the end. pass rushers are in every draft and can be had at pick 15 and after...QB trumps all luxury positions.

Good pass rushers are not a dime a dozen. Good pass rushers who also stop the run? Thats gold

And to the OP- so you want to tell me how far the Lions got with Suh and Fairley? The answer is not very far, if the goal is the Super Bowl.

You can also throw Houston into the discussion with Watt & Clowney...yep they're looking for a franchise QB too.

I've come around to the departed Shepster's way of thinking- either you have the prettiest franchise quarterback, or you're looking for one. Mr. Hoorta

fixed it.

I could not agree more & we more than likely will be picking in the top 15 a couple of years. Solidifying a QB first, leads to other key weapons in upcoming drafts. If Goff or Wentz can just equal a Bortles, that's elite enough. Let's move on & build around it..

Babernackle, Your my English speaking. Laptop Typing Hero. You keep bring'em my friend!!

I my self am a buckeye fan how ever bosa is the best player coming out this year. The Browns have two big problems rushing the passer and stoping the run. What does it matter if we score point if we can't stop the other team. Bosa will make more of a difference than any player the Browns can take. The play of Shelton well increase dramatically and take pressure off the other lineman make life easier for everyone as bosa did at Ohio state. The fact of wasting a top pick on another qb that is from a D2 school that no other team will look at till atleast round three is stupid. Great team have Defense first. Does everyone just forget what teams made the playoffs?

Know this if they take wentz or goff or any other qb Round 1 or 2 just like little Johnny they will be a flop and I will be saying told you so again. The Browns are not a qb away there not five players away they are rebuilding yet again and need everything that why it is so important to take the best

The fact of wasting a top pick on another qb that is from a D2 school that no other team will look at till atleast round three is stupid.{THIS IS WHERE YOUR OPINION GOES WRONG} Great team have Defense first. Does everyone just forget what teams made the playoffs?[YES & NONE OF THEM WERE 1 TRICK PONIES. TEAM DEFENSES OUR BUILD WITH SEVERAL PARTS WORKING TOGETHER}

Am as big as a Buckeye as you, but ^^^^

The thing is that if goff or wentz were in the conversation of the top 64 players taking one of them would be fine but there not the defense talent in this draft is the best in years and bosa is the best but I will take anything but another second rate qb the media is trying to shove down my throat

I've come around to the departed Shepster's way of thinking- either you have the prettiest franchise quarterback, or you're looking for one. Mr. Hoorta

fixed it.

Cal you forgot my "It's a sin if we draft Quinn." I like both Goff and Wentz better than Bar B Q, Wee-Done, or Johnny Party Boy.

The thing is that if goff or wentz were in the conversation of the top 64 players taking one of them would be fine but there not the defense talent in this draft is the best in years and bosa is the best but I will take anything but another second rate qb the media is trying to shove down my throat

What planet did you just come from? Everyone & anyone who knows diddly-doo about the draft has Wentz and Goff not making out of the first round, and most don't see them dropping past the first 10, NONE of the mocks see either of them dropping past the first 22 picks. Or you haven't bothered to look at the mocks this year?

If you don't believe me, I'd suggest you take a look at THIS: http://www.scout.com/nfl/3/MDMPlayerListing.html

FWIW, plenty of boards don't even have Bosa as the best defensive player. Walter Football just mocked Ramsey to the Browns. Maybe you missed Bosa's brother showing up at the OSU Pro Day with a Titans t-shirt on too.

I think some people are under thr delusion that people who want defense with that fiest pick are somehow anti qb. Like we just dont understand how important that position is.

Speaking for myself, its about the qb's i see in this draft. I understand its the most importsnt position on the team. I just see a shit o line that cant protect a qb and a defense that will avg 30 points against them. You just cant bring a new kid in here under those conditions

I think some people are under thr delusion that people who want defense with that fiest pick are somehow anti qb. Like we just dont understand how important that position is.

Speaking for myself, its about the qb's i see in this draft. I understand its the most importsnt position on the team. I just see a shit o line that cant protect a qb and a defense that will avg 30 points against them. You just cant bring a new kid in here under those conditions

Yeah- crap o-lines can ruin a qbs career (Carr, Couch) but Troy Aikman got the mortal shit pounded out of him his first couple years in the league.

But going defense @ #2? Not at all, though the analytics say you probably should take a qb first, if you think he's worthy of the pick.. FWIW, I happen to be a big OSU fan. Should we decide to draft Bosa I really wouldn't be all that upset. What bugs me is some OSU homers thinking Bosa walks on water and he's the consensus best defensive player in this draft- and he's not. Some folks even think he's not the best DL prospect out there.

Yeah- crap o-lines can ruin a qbs career (Carr, Couch) but Troy Aikman got the mortal shit pounded out of him his first couple years in the league.

But going defense @ #2? Not at all, though the analytics say you probably should take a qb first, if you think he's worthy of the pick.. FWIW, I happen to be a big OSU fan. Should we decide to draft Bosa I really wouldn't be all that upset. What bugs me is some OSU homers thinking Bosa walks on water and he's the consensus best defensive player in this draft- and he's not. Some folks even think he's not the best DL prospect out there.

Then the cowboys built arguably the best o line of all time. Coincidentally we had that O line coach here in Cleveland under Mangini. No i'm sorry I have zero faith in this organization that I would advocate drafting an iffy QB over other much higher talent. Not before we build some semblance of a competent O line. I cannot believe people want to pass on Bosa, Buckner, Jack or even Tunsil....for a kid who's gonna run for his ever loving life for the foreseeable future. When I see an O line get built, doesn't have to be "elite", but something that doesn't ruin a young kids ability to make reads downfield cause he's checking off the edge rushers on every snap...ok then go ahead and get your QB.

Archived