THE BROWNS BOARD

"Stop blaming Trump supporters for campaign violence."

blowe

The part about him not liking women/muslims/mexicans/immigrants is actually quite important, since between them they make up well over half the population. He seems to be trying to govern for (or at least appeal to) white men, and actively seeking to alienate everyone who's not that.

Yet he won the Hispanic vote in Nevada.

If true, of course, and the same applies to trump.

If true? Is that the question? Do you think Donald Trump hates Muslims and women and Mexicans? Yes or no? If you don't believe that it's no more of an issue than asking if Obama does. Except that you like Obama and you don't like Trump. So no I don't think those are valid campaign points on either side.

WSS

Oh just a few. He hates women, he hates Mexicans, he hates immigrants, he hates Muslims.

Some of the business propositions he's been involved with have failed.

He isn't nearly as mealy-mouthed as the opposition thinks a politician should be.

Meaning that often his remarks lack the political correctness the opposition seems to love.

One of his supporters punched a protester who was screaming obscenities and flipping the bird.

He's a nationwide celebrity.

He has funny hair. His name is Trump.

Can you think of better ones? Which are yours besides that you just don't like the guy personally?

WSS

Disclaimer: not a Trump supporter. However:

Honestly, I don't think Trump "hate" Mexican, Muslims, etc. so much as that he is playing

to the room. To me, the establishment's (both D's and R's) campaign against him boils

down to the fact that Trump's popularity is based on the (valid?) perception that the other

candidates are on the take whereas he (Trump) can't be bought.

In the first debate Rubio went on a diatribe about Trump being a horrible human being, etc., etc.,

while the other candidates nodded approvingly. Trumps reply? "Funny, you didn't mention any

of that when you were in my office two years ago asking me for $1 million." Everyone immediately

looked at the floor and that was the end of that. Rubio asked Trump why Hillary Clinton attended

his wedding. Trump: "Because I paid her to be there". Not many people running for national office

will come right out and burn down the room in full view of the voters.

The "establishment"---both Right and Left---view Trump as a threat to the usual way of doing business.

Disclaimer: not a Trump supporter. However:

Honestly, I don't think Trump "hate" Mexican, Muslims, etc. so much as that he is playing

to the room. To me, the establishment's (both D's and R's) campaign against him boils

down to the fact that Trump's popularity is based on the (valid?) perception that the other

candidates are on the take whereas he (Trump) can't be bought.

In the first debate Rubio went on a diatribe about Trump being a horrible human being, etc., etc.,

while the other candidates nodded approvingly. Trumps reply? "Funny, you didn't mention any

of that when you were in my office two years ago asking me for $1 million." Everyone immediately

looked at the floor and that was the end of that. Rubio asked Trump why Hillary Clinton attended

his wedding. Trump: "Because I paid her to be there". Not many people running for national office

will come right out and burn down the room in full view of the voters.

The "establishment"---both Right and Left---view Trump as a threat to the usual way of doing business.

Leaving Trump out of it, it just sickens me that politics has come to "playing the room". Playing the room is what a comedian should do to get the best audience, not a person running to be the damn leader of our country.

The fact that the campaign has come down to penis and hand size should be a somber, sad truth of the world we live in.

Leaving Trump out of it, it just sickens me that politics has come to "playing the room". Playing the room is what a comedian should do to get the best audience, not a person running to be the damn leader of our country.

The fact that the campaign has come down to penis and hand size should be a somber, sad truth of the world we live in.

I voted for the first time in the 1980 elections. (for Ronald Reagan)

I honestly don't believe any of the remaining candidates are worthy of

the office of President of the the United States.

Playing the room is exactly what politicians have done for years; this is not a new phenomenon.

Good god, would you listen to yourself? "Them talking about hand/penis size is the problem with the world." Surely, this is a much sadder and more somber sign than killing 150,000 Iraqis for oil money. Much, much worse than ISIS beheading hostages with C4 necklaces. Much worse than ISIS packing hostages into a car and launching an RPG into it. Worse than rapes and sexual assaults happening in Europe. Worse than us giving billions to Israel to bully Palestinians because they're terrorists, while we turn a blind eye to the Saudis who export Wahhabism. Yep. This is much worse than US state governments restricting access to abortion. Worse than continued proxy wars between the East and West that led to the current mess that exists in all over the world. Nope, all that shit pales in comparison to the spat of personal insults Rubio and Trump are spewing towards each other.

Give me a break. Those petty squabbles have breathed fresh life into what are typically boring debates, and they really have zero effect on the bigger picture.

LOL

Yes damnit I long for the good old days of American politics. 500 years ago was it?

WSS

Playing the room is exactly what politicians have done for years; this is not a new phenomenon.

Good god, would you listen to yourself? "Them talking about hand/penis size is the problem with the world." Surely, this is a much sadder and more somber sign than killing 150,000 Iraqis for oil money. Much, much worse than ISIS beheading hostages with C4 necklaces. Much worse than ISIS packing hostages into a car and launching an RPG into it. Worse than rapes and sexual assaults happening in Europe. Worse than us giving billions to Israel to bully Palestinians because they're terrorists, while we turn a blind eye to the Saudis who export Wahhabism. Yep. This is much worse than US state governments restricting access to abortion. Worse than continued proxy wars between the East and West that led to the current mess that exists in all over the world. Nope, all that shit pales in comparison to the spat of personal insults Rubio and Trump are spewing towards each other.

Give me a break. Those petty squabbles have breathed fresh life into what are typically boring debates, and they really have zero effect on the bigger picture.

If you can find me a time where politicians, on live television, have talked about having a big penis than I'll retract my statement. Appeasing the masses and bickering like 5th graders whose balls just dropped hitting puberty are two way, way different things.

Don't even get me started on the bullshit, straw man fallacy of "this problem isn't bad because of all of this which are worse". Here's a no brainer thing for ya, events in the world aren't mutually exclusive. Shitty things going on the world doesn't make another event less shitty. If you can honestly look at the state of the debates going on in the GOP and think "boy, this is the epitome of presidential politics" than I just feel sorry for you. This isn't even about Trump as it is everyone in the group. It's a sad reality that has hit about of a low point as it possibly can.

But wait, what about the starving kids in Africa!

If you can find me a time where politicians, on live television, have talked about having a big penis than I'll retract my statement. Appeasing the masses and bickering like 5th graders whose balls just dropped hitting puberty are two way, way different things.

Don't even get me started on the bullshit, straw man fallacy of "this problem isn't bad because of all of this which are worse". Here's a no brainer thing for ya, events in the world aren't mutually exclusive. Shitty things going on the world doesn't make another event less shitty. If you can honestly look at the state of the debates going on in the GOP and think "boy, this is the epitome of presidential politics" than I just feel sorry for you. This isn't even about Trump as it is everyone in the group. It's a sad reality that has hit about of a low point as it possibly can.

But wait, what about the starving kids in Africa!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-22072992

Another French President Jacques Chirac said: "She was one of the most feared figures on the international stage."

He went on to say: "What made her great in my view was above all her conviction... She never doubted being in the right."

At the same time he once asked about Margaret Thatcher: "What does she want from me, this housewife? My balls on a plate?"

Well would you look at that? You can retract your statement any time. What you're pissing and moaning about is literally a non-factor for every single economic and international situation that Trump might run into during his presidency. If, somehow, him talking about his hand/dick size ruins our diplomatic plans, I'll be the first to eat my words. If you think that them talking about their balls is in any way comparable to what's going on in the world, then you're the one you should be feeling sorry for.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-22072992

Well would you look at that? You can retract your statement any time. What you're pissing and moaning about is literally a non-factor for every single economic and international situation that Trump might run into during his presidency. If, somehow, him talking about his hand/dick size ruins our diplomatic plans, I'll be the first to eat my words. If you think that them talking about their balls is in any way comparable to what's going on in the world, then you're the one you should be feeling sorry for.

American politics my friend is what I clearly said...was that hard to follow? A french dude saying something doesn't mean squat to me.

Edit: those things really aren't even close either.

lol! "this example doesn't count so I'm going to ignore it!" By all means continue to cry me a river because politicians are using inappropriate language.

I plainly stated what i wanted to see and you did not provide that. Im amazed that it is that hard to understand.

I could care less about bad language, but again critical reading has gone to the wayside. What I said clearly is that the fact that debates have sunk to talking about penis size is really sad. It has nothing to do with your golden boy.

I cannot wait to hear back that somehow my words are different than I meant when i wrote them, and that it was put of context somehow. Heck that would be pretty Donald Trump of me..

Actually you can thank the media for the over coverage of the minutae about somebody's dick.

If you want to bemoan the state of politics, mourn for the passing of Edward R Murrow and Walter Cronkite.

WSS

"And that's the way it is..."

Back in the 70's when 60 Minutes began hitting it's stride and was consistently finishing first

in the ratings, the president of CBS News knew that that success was a double-edged sword.

He said that we would look back on that moment with pride and regret; regretful because the

entertainment division of the networks had realized that the news division was capable of

making money for the network.

Archived