THE BROWNS BOARD

Top 5 Rock Icons...Whose career began post 1980

rock is rock (encompassing everything from classic to metal). disco was disco. hip hop is hip hop. rap is rap. country is country. pop is pop. house is house etc. etc.

to say madonna is rock is like saying satan is jesus christ or kc and the sunshine band is metallica.

Cherry, Apple, lemon meringue, key lime, sweet potato and Boston cream are all pie.

And like it or not she's probably the number one icon in entertainment today.

WSS

Cherry, Apple, lemon meringue, key lime, sweet potato and Boston cream are all pie.

And like it or not she's probably the number one icon in entertainment today.

WSS

Sorry you guys want to be stubborn but there are different genres of music just like there are different genres of movies. If anyone should know that it's you steve.

madonna hasn't been the biggest of anything in a decade or two, unless of course you're talking vagina size, then i'm sure she ranks up there with the likes of vanessa del rio.

Sorry you guys want to be stubborn but there are different genres of music just like there are different genres of movies. If anyone should know that it's you steve.

madonna hasn't been the biggest of anything in a decade or two, unless of course you're talking vagina size, then i'm sure she ranks up there with the likes of vanessa del rio.

If I'm not mistaken she just set a new world record for her last tour. Stubborn? Look I don't care if you like her or not I don't care if you think it's rock music or not. She's the real deal.

WSS

i'm getting to realize that about you.

of course madonna is the real deal but she's not headlining a rock tour.

Think what you like dude.

Maybe you could scratch out a list of criteria, but I'm sure you can't so...

Pop and rock crossover all the fucking time and always have.

WSS

You can be stubborn and say that the only women you will date are Scandanavian Blondes.....but that does not mean the the only beautiful women out there are Scandinavian Blondes. I/we have a much broader scope on things.

And Madonna IS one of the biggest Icons we have out there.

And that was the question: who are the biggest icons. Not who has current top his records.

You don't think Jagger and McCartney aren't still icons despite not being particularly chart relevent lately?

question was about ROCK icons. are you all really going to be blind to the fact that there are hundreds of different genres of music because you are too STUBBORN and set in your ways to admit it?

jazz is rock? opera music is rock? techno house music is rock?

hmmmmmm...............

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_popular_music_genres

and i thought this was one of the most open-minded sections that this forum had to offer.

A case can be made but he'll never, ever, in this life or any other be a bigger icon than Kurt Cobain.

Hard to go up against a ghost. Cobain didn't record or tour much. I am completely biased on this one but Pearl Jam has done it the right way for 25 years.

Archived